www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:01 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Well this is good news :D the 72 HR window was a deal breaker for Me as I'm sure most. I'll will be watching the Airlines to see if they add some more flights into SJO.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:27 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Already happening. I'm flying in on the 28th. The one-way price from Austin has gone done from 341 to 217 on United.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:32 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The Admin wrote:
Costa Rica will soon eliminate the negative coronavirus test requirement for foreign tourists, authorities announced Thursday.

Beginning on October 26, arriving visitors will no longer need to show proof of a negative PCR coronavirus test result, Tourism Minister Gustavo Segura said.

Visitors to Costa Rica will still need to purchase travel medical insurance and complete the Health Pass epidemiological form. The insurance must be either a policy from INS or Sagicor — both Costa Rican companies — or a foreign policy that covers COVID-19 medical expenses and extended lodging.

https://ticotimes.net/2020/10/22/costa- ... r-tourists

Excellent! I don't mind the health insurance requirement. Probably a good idea anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:58 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Jawanker wrote:
The Admin wrote:
Costa Rica will soon eliminate the negative coronavirus test requirement for foreign tourists, authorities announced Thursday.

Beginning on October 26, arriving visitors will no longer need to show proof of a negative PCR coronavirus test result, Tourism Minister Gustavo Segura said.

Visitors to Costa Rica will still need to purchase travel medical insurance and complete the Health Pass epidemiological form. The insurance must be either a policy from INS or Sagicor — both Costa Rican companies — or a foreign policy that covers COVID-19 medical expenses and extended lodging.

https://ticotimes.net/2020/10/22/costa- ... r-tourists

Excellent! I don't mind the health insurance requirement. Probably a good idea anyway.

Yup - I'm already finding a good time for me to book a trip. Probably over new years for sure now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:58 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Well, that significantly raises my interest. That's a huge obstacle removed. Is the health insurance really expensive?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:54 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Great news, coordinating this was proving to be an annoyance and was adding expense to the process. Maybe some more hotels will open. Now all they have to do is open up the bars and cut the curfew bs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:44 am 

I must be dumb. I went to the the INS site and could not get it to workv(even in my native english). If someone can get a quote or finish the process, let me know, I would like to know how they found this to be. Thanks, from the dumb gringo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:03 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Hadish wrote:
I must be dumb. I went to the the INS site and could not get it to workv(even in my native english). If someone can get a quote or finish the process, let me know, I would like to know how they found this to be. Thanks, from the dumb gringo.

Hadish this link below has been shared by others for your insurance purchase, I hope that helps haven't read much about the INS or anyone purchasing it.

http://www.sagicor.cr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:11 pm 

Hadish wrote:

I could not get it to work either. It would be nice to compare prices. I have seen other members state that INS is more money. I guess I will have to take their word for it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:29 pm 

Thanks TF74, that site is the one I will use. Was able to chat with an agent on line, he answered all my questions, provided price quote, this was so easy even I could do it. This forum continues to surprise me with how well people are willing to share information and help others out. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:50 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Hadish your Welcome happy to share and yes the Forum can be helpful at times. Maybe by the time we actually go to travel they exclude the Covid 19 Insurance as well.

Loufa1 that great news for you and is $217 is a good price for economy from TX ? :?
However I don't live in TX and where I am coming from CMH the flight schedule is very limited on Delta that will work around my schedule and I can usually find flights in main cabin from $450 - 500 Roundtrip from Columbus OH.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Tony Camonte wrote:
Well, that significantly raises my interest. That's a huge obstacle removed. Is the health insurance really expensive?

I just priced it for 8 days and it came to $88.00.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:16 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I just purchased travel insurance from Trawick international. They insure exchange students and have a Costa Rica traveler/ visitor plan that specifically shows the $2,000.00 lodging insurance... Its called the Safe Travel Voyager plan. link provided here: www.trawickinternational.com/products/s ... ls-voyager
I bought it today and plan on arriving on either the Nov 1 or 2. I will try to get on after arrival to the hotel to let you know they accepted it or not. I put down the cost of my trip at $250 for 10 days and the price was about $30.00 total. 7 days was less than $5.00 cheaper ... but you can't extend after purchase, so I just got it for 10 days in the event I wanted to extend.

The company is based out of the US the 866 number (866)467-8289 was full of static.... almost like a fax line but the (972) 985-4400 on their contact us page I got a real helpful person. I was apprehensive about giving my information by filling out the form, which asks for your passport number also... its part of what has to get uploaded to the CR website.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:23 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I just purchased travel insurance from Trawick international. They insure exchange students and have a Costa Rica traveler/ visitor plan that specifically shows the $2,000.00 lodging insurance... Its called the Safe Travel Voyager plan. link provided here: www.trawickinternational.com/products/s ... ls-voyager
I bought it today and plan on arriving on either the Nov 1 or 2. I will try to get on after arrival to the hotel to let you know they accepted it or not. I put down the cost of my trip at $250 for 10 days and the price was about $30.00 total. 7 days was less than $5.00 cheaper ... but you can't extend after purchase, so I just got it for 10 days in the event I wanted to extend.

The company is based out of the US the 866 number (866)467-8289 was full of static.... almost like a fax line but the (972) 985-4400 on their contact us page I got a real helpful person. I was apprehensive about giving my information by filling out the form, which asks for your passport number also... its part of what has to get uploaded to the CR website.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:38 am 

Thx for the 411 if it's accepted it would save me over $700 on the Insurance. Thx again

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next