www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:52 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Rolleratnight wrote:
NYr wrote:

They are not going to allow you to fly and why they lodging insurance is required I am sure. Besides why would you fly commercially knowing you have it? that is just being selfish and not being considerate of others on the plane.

What hotel is going to let you stay there if you’re positive with COVID?

Earlier in the Pandemic, the National Emergency Commission (CNE) rented a hotel for 40 patients with COVID-19 who were not rooted in Costa Rica or were without a safe place to comply with their isolation order. The CNE did not disclose the name of the hotel, but it was in Sabana Sur. The amenities included a single room with a bathroom, food service (breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks), laundry, cleaning and hygiene. It was filled in less than 10 days by foreign truckers. Those infected with COVID-19 sent to this hotel were not be able to leave the premises during their entire period of isolation.

It is my understanding that they have not yet had a single foreign tourist test positive yet, so we really don't know what will happen if/when they do. I HIGHLY doubt you will get to just pick the hotel you were staying at when you caught the virus.

I do know the Hotel Abajo del Puente will welcome you at any time, in any condition. Just ask for the "Rolleratnight" suite, you won't believe the luxury.

Last edited by Boynton on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:20 pm 

Bookie wrote:
I don't want to have any kind of spat, but I'm just curious why you're against masks.

I have lived for 55 years without a mask and that is the reason. Unfortunately even science has been spun by the media and they prey on everyones fears. I personally am not afraid of dying, but I also do not go out of my way to invite the possibility. I enjoy life and hope to have many more years of fun ahead of me, but I do not need others to force my direction. If you want to pay all my bills and keep me at the level of comfort I currently enjoy, then I would be happy to wear a mask if you are paying my way. Otherwise as a small business owner the government has no right to to tell me how to run my business if I am following the laws. If the govenment wants to encroach on my personal space in such a way without compensation. I am not afraid to renounce my citizenship and go elsewhere. And by the way the Pandemic stimulus was a phucking joke. I was turned down for the SBA relief because of not enough credit, I pay most everything in cash and have not used credit very much since the 1990's. My state closed my business for almost 3 months with no compensation, thankfully I had cash on hand but I have gotten to the point of Phuck YOUR STUPIDITY OF KILLING OUR ECONOMY BECAUSE OF A VIRUS AND THE MEDIAS HYPE.

There are my feelings and I have no issues stating why I feel that way. For those of you that think Im selfish or a bad person all I have to say is unless you are paying my bills, your opinion of me carries about as much weight as a fart.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:22 am 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
NYr wrote:
Puro Party wrote:
So getting down there will be challenge itself but I am more worried about getting back if I contract COVID when I am down there. Will airlines let me fly back sick (proly not)? Would my medical insurance medical-vac me out of there on a special plane so I can at least make it back into the states in time to work from home? My employer a small town has been very proactive and generous with the sick time if I should get COVID however how would they respond if I got it out of country and could not make it back in time for work? I am a relatively new employee with only limited vacation and sick. Good point is that I am just over 4 years for vesting in TMRS which will add to my state ERS so I could retire as early as 58 1/2. Is worth it to take the risk for a flight based monger trip now or wait and see how insurance & repatriation would work out? In the meantime flying to San Diego and going to TJ and/or going to MTY seems not as much a risk travel wise. MEX closes borders on occasion but not for too long and if my flight from MTY not accept me I could always get to the border and if sick but U.S. resident how could they deny my entry for humanitarian reasons?

sounds like you have a lot of reasons not to go and trying to convince yourself otherwise.

They are not going to allow you to fly and why they lodging insurance is required I am sure. Besides why would you fly commercially knowing you have it? that is just being selfish and not being considerate of others on the plane.

Just throwing some scenarios around for those (many of us) that can only do short term trips and need to return back to U.S. for our long term livelihoods. Would never want to be selfish, at least I'm thinking about all angles now (and others) so I will not proceed to C.R. at this time unless one way! MEX honies/hotties in MTY been far better GFE to me anyways and so close!

Appreciate your thoughts as well as the others.

Also and unrelated to being infected quarantined read an article today about an elder missionary couple stuck on Barbados since start of pandemic. In their late 80s and not sick Barbados just completely shut everything down, nobody coming or going for 7 months now! Not a monger destination but point is could get stuck somewhere for better or worse for more than 14 days.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:34 am 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Boynton wrote:
Puro Party wrote:
So getting down there will be challenge itself but I am more worried about getting back if I contract COVID when I am down there. Will airlines let me fly back sick (proly not)? Would my medical insurance medical-vac me out of there on a special plane so I can at least make it back into the states in time to work from home? My employer a small town has been very proactive and generous with the sick time if I should get COVID however how would they respond if I got it out of country and could not make it back in time for work? I am a relatively new employee with only limited vacation and sick. Good point is that I am just over 4 years for vesting in TMRS which will add to my state ERS so I could retire as early as 58 1/2. Is worth it to take the risk for a flight based monger trip now or wait and see how insurance & repatriation would work out? In the meantime flying to San Diego and going to TJ and/or going to MTY seems not as much a risk travel wise. MEX closes borders on occasion but not for too long and if my flight from MTY not accept me I could always get to the border and if sick but U.S. resident how could they deny my entry for humanitarian reasons?

Perhaps another bottle of Jergens and box of Puffs is your prudent choice. Make sure you get the extra soft ones, wild man.
https://youtu.be/nD3FmNxACqM

+ that! :shock: :o

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:33 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Boynton wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:
NYr wrote:

What hotel is going to let you stay there if you’re positive with COVID?

I do know the Hotel Abajo del Puente will welcome you at any time, in any condition. Just ask for the "Rolleratnight" suite, you won't believe the luxury.

When asked by the ladies in CR, “Where you hotel?” I always told them, “Hotel cárcel.” Its, cheap and you have to share a room, but it did have meals. I didn’t think it allowed guests.

BTW, I thought a woman from the USA was the first tourist to have COVID-19 and went to the ICU in CR. Later, as more Americans showed up with COVID, that’s when they cut off American tourists. All the Ticos blame the Nicas from my conversations with them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:10 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I was wondering if anyone on the ground in SJO could offer some intel regarding current state of bars and clubs. Are the tico bars operating at all --such as Idem, Arcadas, Molino Rojo. What about the pensions? I gather that the small restaurants and central market are open (hopefully). Hotel Morazan told me not opening until Jan and the Del Rey closed/done. Has Key Largo opened yet or is an opening date yet known?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:23 am 

Rolleratnight wrote:
BTW, I thought a woman from the USA was the first tourist to have COVID-19 and went to the ICU in CR. Later, as more Americans showed up with COVID, that’s when they cut off American tourists. All the Ticos blame the Nicas from my conversations with them.

Yep, the USA imported infections (a couple) were pre-lockdown. I have not seen any cases reported of tourist importation since the gradual re-opening with the negative RT-PCR requirement.

IMO the odds are that some tourist at some time will contract it locally and then everyone in their travel "bubble" will get tested (or be assumed infected by proximity) and be issued an isolation order. I also expect the insurance requirement to remain until there is a proven vaccine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:34 am 

Boynton wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:

Yep, the USA imported infections (a couple) were pre-lockdown. I have not seen any cases reported of tourist importation since the gradual re-opening with the negative RT-PCR requirement.

IMO the odds are that some tourist at some time will contract it locally and then everyone in their travel "bubble" will get tested (or be assumed infected by proximity) and be issued an isolation order. I also expect the insurance requirement to remain until there is a proven vaccine.

Earlier (April-June) a high percentage of cases in CR were from tourists/visitors to the country. Of course all cases were by definition from visitors to the country originally.

As for recently since visitors have to be tested before they fly in, I don't know. It will be interesting as inevitably there will be a few that will arrive with it - either those that may get infected shortly before the test, or in the period between the test and when they arrive. But I'm sure they are expecting that, and will make sure that any visitors are quarantined if they get infected. And at that point there will be no option of returning to the US or Canada for treatment. That's where the compulsory insurance kicks in, and you will either be simply quarantined and/or hospitalized, depending on your condition. And spaces in hospitals are somewhat limited from what I've heard.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:46 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I think the most dangerous part of the trip will be on the plane ride there and back. Cramped flight, no social distancing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:01 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:
I think the most dangerous part of the trip will be on the plane ride there and back. Cramped flight, no social distancing.

You always have the Jergens & Puffs option. Only risks then are carpal tunnel syndrome or " tennis" elbow if you are enthusiastic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:11 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:

You always have the Jergens & Puffs option. Only risks then are carpal tunnel syndrome or " tennis" elbow if you are enthusiastic.

Or for a little strange stuff, you could try vaseline and kleenex.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:26 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Ilv4play wrote:
Bookie wrote:
I don't want to have any kind of spat, but I'm just curious why you're against masks.

I have lived for 55 years without a mask and that is the reason. Unfortunately even science has been spun by the media and they prey on everyones fears. I personally am not afraid of dying, but I also do not go out of my way to invite the possibility. I enjoy life and hope to have many more years of fun ahead of me, but I do not need others to force my direction. If you want to pay all my bills and keep me at the level of comfort I currently enjoy, then I would be happy to wear a mask if you are paying my way. Otherwise as a small business owner the government has no right to to tell me how to run my business if I am following the laws. If the govenment wants to encroach on my personal space in such a way without compensation. I am not afraid to renounce my citizenship and go elsewhere. And by the way the Pandemic stimulus was a phucking joke. I was turned down for the SBA relief because of not enough credit, I pay most everything in cash and have not used credit very much since the 1990's. My state closed my business for almost 3 months with no compensation, thankfully I had cash on hand but I have gotten to the point of Phuck YOUR STUPIDITY OF KILLING OUR ECONOMY BECAUSE OF A VIRUS AND THE MEDIAS HYPE.

There are my feelings and I have no issues stating why I feel that way. For those of you that think Im selfish or a bad person all I have to say is unless you are paying my bills, your opinion of me carries about as much weight as a fart.

I'm hearing that you are going to do what you want, and are willing to bear the consequences. Thanks for spelling out your views.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:31 pm 

Bookie wrote:
Thanks for spelling out your views.

Ask politely and you shall receive. No arguments needed, and no offense taken.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:08 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Puro Party wrote:
Just throwing some scenarios around for those (many of us) that can only do short term trips and need to return back to U.S. for our long term livelihoods. Would never want to be selfish, at least I'm thinking about all angles now (and others) so I will not proceed to C.R.

glad to hear you are thinking with the right head :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:15 pm 

Sr. 4play,
Not trying to question your right with masks--and definitely, not trying to be a smart ass and aggravate this situation, but what is your position on wearing seat belts when you are driving?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next