www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:10 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

And INS has just dropped their COVID insurance price to between $9.40 and $18 per day depending on age and duration of stay.
https://qcostarica.com/yes-it-was-possi ... insurance/

BTW, exchange rate is also the highest since the emergency closing was declared. I am beginning to think a November limited US opening could occur. Personally, I'm staying put here until a vaccine is released, then a quick trip back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:20 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

CaliforniaSunshine wrote:
Just in case some of you are not aware, if you have a private HMO healthcare insurance in the US, such as Kaiser Perm. They cover international travel expenses if you get sick. Only downside is they dont have an exact dollar amount listed, but i have had to use it in the past and its pretty simple. So maybe some of you can look into your private insurance and see if you can bypass the Travel Insurance Requirement. Have fun and be safe for all of you out there :)

I doubt that Costa Rica will take any policies that dont explicitly define coverage for Covid 19 at their required coverage levels. The trickiest part will be the insurance company preauthorizing two weeks of hotel stay for quarantine as called out in the requirements.

My medigap policy has enough $$ in international coverage to satisfy the requirement but without it specifically calling out Covid 19 including the hotel quarantine requirement i seriously doubt if they would take it. Additional coverage specifically written for Costa Rica will probably be needed.

That said, by the time they let us gringos into the country it will all change anyway.