www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:20 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Flabuck wrote:
has anyone run the numbers for different length of stay, say a three day long weekend trip, a one week trip and a two week trip?

Yes, I even know how it affects inflight snacks, but I'm not sharing the info.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:10 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Cannucks already cancelling trips

https://qcostarica.com/canadian-tourist ... insurance/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:55 pm 

Flabuck wrote:
has anyone run the numbers for different length of stay, say a three day long weekend trip, a one week trip and a two week trip? Is the cost per day constant now matter how many days, is it front loaded ( higher per day for short stays), back loaded ( higher cost per day for longer trips)?
An extra $60-$75 for a three day trip may not be a deal breaker but $300 for two weeks might be a deal breaker for others.

How do the airlines handle their employees, are they subject to same rules if they leave the terminal area for a layover? Are they sanitizing the plane between arrival and departure, how will that extra time effect the route timetable?

If you are American the deal breaker is probably the 2 weeks you have to stay in quarantine in Canada before your flight - or somewhere in Europe if you fly in from there. That makes the insurance cost look trivial. So a two week trip is not an option as your first two weeks are in a hotel somewhere, in quarantine, and being monitored by friendly border services agents. Then you get your test (if that is available), get a positive result, get on the plane with insurance policy in place. And do your time in Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:03 pm 

It would be easier and cheaper to import a Tica who already has a visa, when return her in two weeks via a repatriation flight.

Bring the beach to the sand.

PS: The Spaniards are on their way
https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-t ... 1041417397

Last edited by Boynton on Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:04 pm 

Zeos wrote:
If you are American the deal breaker is probably the 2 weeks you have to stay in quarantine in Canada before your flight - or somewhere in Europe if you fly in from there. That makes the insurance cost look trivial. So a two week trip is not an option as your first two weeks are in a hotel somewhere, in quarantine, and being monitored by friendly border services agents. Then you get your test (if that is available), get a positive result, get on the plane with insurance policy in place. And do your time in Costa Rica.
I don't think anyone with a positive result will be allowed to get on a plane.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:34 pm 

GoodDayJohn wrote:
Zeos wrote:
I don't think anyone with a positive result will be allowed to get on a plane.

True, that. I meant negative test result, which is a positive thing. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:43 pm 

I'm thinking of a half way trip and meet up in Puerto Vallarta.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:00 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

PV is gorgeous.. and safe if you take precautions..Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:41 am 

We stay up in Nuevo Vallarta and taxi into town. Always had a great time and only once did we get into some trouble and that was about 25 years ago. 3 guys tried to jump us, and it did not go well for them. My friend I was with was a 5th-degree black belt and I was a green belt at the time. I did not do a whole hell of a lot but when we walked away all three were knocked out. The one guy that pulled the knife lost a few teeth as my friend jammed the butt of the knife thru his teeth and into his mouth and left him there on the ground. A knee was blown out and I caused a compound fracture to the easy one's forearm. If there was cell phone video at the time it would have gone viral for sure, and we would have needed to leave the country before their friends found us. Once the knife was pulled it was over in about 15 seconds. The few locals that were around and witnessed it all had their mouths open. We casually walked back to the malecon and got a taxi back to Nuevo. That was the only issue we have ever had in PV over at least 30 trips but we no longer walk at night in Old Town.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:51 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Looks like Iberia Airlines violated the guidelines on the first trip to Costa Rica from Spain yesterday
from QCostaRica
The ICT confirmed, however, that 13 of the passengers were able to board the flight without the COVID-19 test results and were tested upon arrival and an isolation order was issued for 24 hours to wait for the test results.
“This is exceptional. The fact is that, this time, to the passengers who had not complied with the insurance requirement or the PCR test, due to the short time they were alerted, we will apply exceptional measures for this flight and only this one,” said the ICT.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:26 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

With the bureaucratic nightmare that Costa Rica has imposed, there's just not much incentive for a lot of tourists to come right now, even from the countries that Costa Rica is allowing visitors from. I know for a fact, many Canadians won't come. And as much as everyone likes to crap on the USA, there is no tourism industry without Americans going to Costa Rica. So, how long will the restrictions on Americans last? Even if the restriction ended today, I have no interest in going due to the crazy expensive insurance I'd be required to buy. No thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:50 pm 

They are commiting economic suicide with their rules. Right now stores are open for 10 days, then a 12 day shutdown, then reopen for 10? People are in a bad economic way here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:05 pm 

GOOD RESOURCE THAT EXPLAINS WHO IS ALLOWED AND WHO ISN'T INTO CR: https://www.migracion.go.cr/SiteAssets/ ... uertos.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:13 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Ilv4play wrote:
So here is my Quote for a 55 year old male "GLM" (Gringo Lives Matter) staying 10-10-20 to 11-3-20

26A Accidental death $ 200,000.00
26B Incapac. Total or Parc p / Accid. $ 200,000.00
26E Repatriac. Mortal remains for ac $ 20,000.00
26F Gts Medicos Acc. O Enf. Sharp $ 20,000.00
26I Accommodation costs $ 4,000.00
998 VAT $ 0.00

$504.90

Effed up for sure. Wonder what it is like to get into Panama. Is Panama like Colombia now?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:18 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Boynton wrote:
It would be easier and cheaper to import a Tica who already has a visa, when return her in two weeks via a repatriation flight.

Bring the beach to the sand.

PS: The Spaniards are on their way
https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-t ... 1041417397

Seriously I have been thinking along these lines lately. But first need to clear out some time and try SA here in U.S and explore more into northern Mexico.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next