www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Borders Are Opening
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:14 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

After reaching my breaking point, looking to other countries open to foreign travel, CR is set to open their borders on 8/1/2020.

https://qcostarica.com/san-jose-airport ... nd-europe/

FINALLY!!!

Post subject: Re: Borders Are Opening
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:50 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The article does not say the border will open, only that the airport is ready. It quotes the Director of Civil Aviation and the private company that manages the airport.

While in other articles both President Alvarado and Minister Salas have said the borders will open on August 1, they have not indicated to which countries. Minister Salas has even said it would only be to countries where infection was under control. I predict New Zealand and Tibet. Welcome to Frodo and the Dalai Lama. (Yes, I know 'Tibet' is now part China and that Mr Lama lives in Dharmsala, India. It's just rhetorical.)

BTW, last I heard, the DR has begun a night time curfew because new COVID infections are riding. Spain is also looking bad. I expect EU to reimpose international restrictions before October (as much to promote inter-EU travel as for health reasons.

PS. The current expectation is that the list of countries will be announced tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:21 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Tourism minister just said flights will be allowed from Canada, UK and EU, and very few (he estimates five per week) effective August 1. And people coming in will have to test negative for Covid within 48 hours of the trip.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:28 pm 

Tranquilo Tjnc35, Tranquilo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:05 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Today's announcement was pure politics. The EU is not allowing flights to CR, British Airways is not flying until Sept 27 and Air Canada not until September. The politicians had a press conference that made them look like they are opening, but nothing will change

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:36 pm 

The beach looks a little more attractive now if we can get there by bus.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:21 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Costa Rica opened to Germany and Spain today or tomorrow. It will be a long time for North America due to the lack of medical control of the virus. US has 35000 new cases today, we won't be seeing you folks for a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:24 pm 

You went away and left me long time ago
Now you're knocking on my door
I hear you knocking, but you can't come in
I hear you knocking, go back where you been

https://youtu.be/ZZiIzZQC0c0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 pm 

tom_kat wrote:
Costa Rica opened to Germany and Spain today or tomorrow. It will be a long time for North America due to the lack of medical control of the virus. US has 35000 new cases today, we won't be seeing you folks for a long time.

Yah but they won't be getting any bratwurst or paella.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:21 am 

I am getting many specials in the mail from hotels and tour agencies I have visited before. One of the hotels in Guanacaste has a special for over 50% off. There are bargains trying to recoup some business. Now is the time to get there for the locals.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 am 

Whitecat wrote:
I am getting many specials in the mail from hotels and tour agencies I have visited before. One of the hotels in Guanacaste has a special for over 50% off. There are bargains trying to recoup some business. Now is the time to get there for the locals.

I noticed a working girl Tica on facebook showing pics from the RIU hotel in Guanacaste. She had her daughter, boyfriend and sister with her. No pics of the gringo that must be picking up the tab. :P

Post subject: Re: Borders Are you
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:16 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Quote:

Costa Rica has been announcing a thousand new cases per day. Country of 5 million compared to United States with 330 million. If you expand the numbers in a comparison Costa Rica would have 66,000 new cases per day. Sounds like you are best staying home if you are afraid of cases. I guarantee you there are more tests per 100 people in the states than there are here. Factor that in and and it is hell of a lot more dangerous to be here than in the states. Thing is, I don't know anybody who has had it here. Nobody who has died. I ask people daily if they have had it or know anybody that has or who has died. Numbers are being use here to create fear and hysteria. The main fear here now is not dying from the virus. It is starving to death from the restrictions. The restrictions are being used to punish and control. Don't do as we say and we can make it worse. It is your fault for not social distancing and wearing masks. Cases skyrocked here as soon as the WHO offered the government money to accept Nicaraguan refugies. A country scraped for money for testing for months suddenly went from testing 300 people per day to two thousand. What is the point in testing at all at this point? They can't do contract tracing to prevent the spread. Think of how many people 35,000 people come into contact with in a day. Then expand that by 7 days a week. How many people are manning the phones or canvasing the neighborhoods. It is bullshit lies we are being fed.

The opening of the country was a bone to appease the growling dogs. Say we are opening then impose restrictions on coming that will discourage 90% of the people who may be eligible. Tell restaurants they can reopen but close them down on the biggest holiday of the month, mother's day. They did that on Fathers day only they waited until the Friday before after businesses had invested much into food to sell. This is all about creating as much disruption in the world as possible. They can't have Costa Rica look like paradise while scaring the pants off everybody in the states.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:06 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Pops wrote:
Quote:

Costa Rica has been announcing a thousand new cases per day. Country of 5 million compared to United States with 330 million. If you expand the numbers in a comparison Costa Rica would have 66,000 new cases per day. Sounds like you are best staying home if you are afraid of cases. I guarantee you there are more tests per 100 people in the states than there are here. Factor that in and and it is hell of a lot more dangerous to be here than in the states. Thing is, I don't know anybody who has had it here. Nobody who has died. I ask people daily if they have had it or know anybody that has or who has died. Numbers are being use here to create fear and hysteria. The main fear here now is not dying from the virus. It is starving to death from the restrictions. The restrictions are being used to punish and control. Don't do as we say and we can make it worse. It is your fault for not social distancing and wearing masks. Cases skyrocked here as soon as the WHO offered the government money to accept Nicaraguan refugies. A country scraped for money for testing for months suddenly went from testing 300 people per day to two thousand. What is the point in testing at all at this point? They can't do contract tracing to prevent the spread. Think of how many people 35,000 people come into contact with in a day. Then expand that by 7 days a week. How many people are manning the phones or canvasing the neighborhoods. It is bullshit lies we are being fed.

The opening of the country was a bone to appease the growling dogs. Say we are opening then impose restrictions on coming that will discourage 90% of the people who may be eligible. Tell restaurants they can reopen but close them down on the biggest holiday of the month, mother's day. They did that on Fathers day only they waited until the Friday before after businesses had invested much into food to sell. This is all about creating as much disruption in the world as possible. They can't have Costa Rica look like paradise while scaring the pants off everybody in the states.

Another Good Post showing how thins really are. It's Sad whet C.R. and most states in the US are doing just glad that I'm nowhere near the likes of Seattle, L.A., Portland, Chicago or N.Y (many others these are just the worse)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:11 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Pops wrote:
Costa Rica has been announcing a thousand new cases per day.

Costa Rica has never reported 1000 new cases per day. Not once. Nada. Might happen in the future, but not so far. They have had ONE day over 900. Check TicoTimes or the Ministry of Health.

If this is BS, what other "on the ground" reports are made up?
Perhaps Whitecat is really paying $100.
Maybe Boynton is the picture of health, dancing the night away at a reopened Key Largo.
I think Netgems is behind it all, pulling the strings like a puppetmaster.

You never know :?