www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NOT SO BRIGHT FUTURE
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:05 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

310 new cases today more than 1500 this past week. Could be a rough road ahead. Wouldn't
look for borders to open any time soon.

Post subject: Re: NOT SO BRIGHT FUTURE
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Yeah it's a really crappy time to be budget monger these days.

:(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:08 pm 

It is not a good time to be a senior citizen monger from the US due to the health risk. Not any safe place to go. Am booked to CR early Sept but doesn't look like it will open.
rbc100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:30 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Maybe it will get bad enough there, the government will realize that they are not helping anyone by locking down their borders. Social distance yes. Check peoples temperature yes. Wear a mask in public, I'm okay with that. I even carry around my Purell, and anti-bacterial wipes, and wash my hands about every time I even walk by a bathroom.

I could kind of understand the borders being closed when there were very few cases in the country, and maybe, just maybe, keeping foreigners out might keep it from getting out of control. I think, however, that it has been proven that that strategy is not working.

I mean, open up, it's not like it's going to get any worse. Might even help a few people if you can get some American dollars flowing back through the country again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:36 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Looks like the government here has an agenda. New cases soaring due to greatly increased testing. The areas where they are saturating testing have been mostly business as usual until the last 10 days. The virus was there just not being checked or really causing problems. It is easy to manipulate statistics which all signs appear that they are doing. It just takes more testing and slight changes in criteria for hospital admission and you have soaring numbers to create panic. The areas they are testing are the highest density locations in Costa Rica. It is not unusual for there to be 5 people in one bed in these locations. I know from having family members living under these conditions. Sister in law with 3 K*ds lives in La Milpa neighborhood in Heredia. They have only one bed. I never saw a mask in this area until mandated by the government in the last 10 days.

Before this they played the race card. Nicaraguans are viewed by Costa Ricans as inferior. A month ago they started heavy testing in agricultural areas where the majority of laborers are Nicas. They found enough cases to stir up animosity by blaming illegal migration for endangering all. Still the average age here for death is in the high 70s. Only 10 of roughly 60 ICU beds are in use and other ICU beds are available without ventilators. They will reopen the country when they achieve what they want. With politicians this usually means they and their friends make a lot of money at the expense of the masses. Heaven help the people of Costa Rica. The damage being done today will be felt for many years to come. More and more storefronts in San Jose showing business closings. Soon they will have to start home foreclosures. The middle class here is being destroyed. Hundreds of thousands completely out of work. Those that are working are making less and paying more. They greatly increased utility costs here in the past 2 months (doubled electricity bills) and the cost of basic food has risen to the point that the government is about to require a moratorium on food cost increases.

They announced opening the boarders to tourists from countries not heavily effected by the virus starting August 1st. That means the States and Nicaragua will be excluded. Only problem is the airlines are not planning flights beginning in August (check Air Canada). So effectively nobody is going to come for at least two more months.

I expect all of this to go away about December. I hope I am wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:51 pm 

Open the borders! That is the only way to save the economy there.
But require strict precautions, short of the 14 day quarantine for all entrants, which would squelch tourism. As was said before, why not a negative Covid test or a positive antibody test within a week before entering the country.

Last edited by Jawanker on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:52 pm 

and Bars need to close by 7pm and closed on the weekends due to curfew as I understand things...I assume that includes restaurants too due to the curfew in San Jose.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:45 pm 

BhueyXXXVII wrote:
Maybe it will get bad enough there, the government will realize that they are not helping anyone by locking down their borders. Social distance yes. Check peoples temperature yes. Wear a mask in public, I'm okay with that. I even carry around my Purell, and anti-bacterial wipes, and wash my hands about every time I even walk by a bathroom.

I could kind of understand the borders being closed when there were very few cases in the country, and maybe, just maybe, keeping foreigners out might keep it from getting out of control. I think, however, that it has been proven that that strategy is not working.

I mean, open up, it's not like it's going to get any worse. Might even help a few people if you can get some American dollars flowing back through the country again.

Sorry... I don't agree. It could get a lot worse by opening up. Yes, the dollars would be good, but opening up to the US would be a terrible move. Especially to this crowd. Social distancing...with sex? To say nothing of having to treat a lot of tourists when hospital space and intensive care spaces may be limited. They already have had almost 50% of their cases due to people from other countries. They could do without that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:54 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
Open the borders! That is the only way to save the economy there.
But require strict precautions, short of the 14 day quarantine for all entrants, which would squelch tourism. As was said before, why not a negative Covid test or a positive antibody test within a week before entering the country.

First, you would need 2 Covid tests, one before leaving and one a few days after being there (with quarantine until test results from the second test are clear). Then at least you're not bringing in very much of it.

And the antibody testing, as far as I know, is not very reliable or available yet. The early "kits" were not reliable at all, and I'm not sure about the current state of antibody testing. I'll be looking at that shortly just for my own interest.

The 14 day quarantine would still be the most reliable. It's not 100%, but close enough. But having to pay for that and be locked in a room is likely to discourage most tourism.

Canada has had the 14 day quarantine for all returning residents, and any visitors that are allowed in, and this has been in place since mid March. It has helped immensely since before that we were losing the battle to cases coming in mainly from the US. Our numbers are close to under control at the moment, and no one in the country wants to open up to the US for a long long time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:02 am 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Just become "invincible" like the frat boyz and sor whore gals in drunken stupers and have massive parties with orgies to see how fast they can spreader the virus and claim success to be the super spreaders because they so young, they so young!

In all seriousness I do think this is very serious issue in U.S. among other countries right now with all the ICU beds filling up in TX and FL. Part of me yes believes this will all be over after the election but when the medical professionals (non-biased) confirm there is real immediate issue then I am very concerned the virus is for real, very contagious and no protection right now other than distancing and masks etc.

Reading on ISG where monger activity is really picking up in TJ now but I am so so scared to go with SGs or SWs and into those small short term repeat use motels for sex. If I go over LDW will only partake in chicas in my own sanitized motel room even if a day room in Cascades where I can sanitize it. At least minimizes the contacts. Also I wouldn't take the trolley to the border but rent a car and pay to park each day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:39 am 

[quote="Pops"]

Before this they played the race card. Nicaraguans are viewed by Costa Ricans as inferior. A month ago they started heavy testing in agricultural areas where the majority of laborers are Nicas. They found enough cases to stir up animosity by blaming illegal migration for endangering all.

I recently read an article about the lack of labor to pick the coffee. Let's see if the out of work Costa Ricans actually go into the mountains and pick the beans or if the crop wastes on the tree. There is work to be done and a large supply of labor to do it domestically.

https://qcostarica.com/costa-rican-coff ... -shortage/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:21 pm 

Flabuck wrote:
Pops wrote:

Before this they played the race card. Nicaraguans are viewed by Costa Ricans as inferior. A month ago they started heavy testing in agricultural areas where the majority of laborers are Nicas. They found enough cases to stir up animosity by blaming illegal migration for endangering all.

I recently read an article about the lack of labor to pick the coffee. Let's see if the out of work Costa Ricans actually go into the mountains and pick the beans or if the crop wastes on the tree. There is work to be done and a large supply of labor to do it domestically.

https://qcostarica.com/costa-rican-coff ... -shortage/

Ticos will not do farm work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:27 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Eighty-eight people are hospitalized with COVID-19, a new high.

The Health Ministry has announced 23 COVID-19-related deaths. The four latest deaths, all announced since Sunday afternoon
“It’s important not to treat these as just numbers,” said Health Minister Daniel Salas. “There are families who have suffered, and this represents a loss for the whole country

Another four bite the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone, and another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you, too

How do you think I'm going to get along
Without you when you're gone?
Are you happy, are you satisfied?
How long can you stand the heat?
Everybody now ......

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:18 am 

Honestly, I'm just hoping all is back to normal for the Super Bowl Party in February. Halloween would be great but doesn't seem realistic at this point, especially traveling into CR from the States. I have Feb in my mind so I won't be disappointed. If everything is not back to normal by Feb, we are all screwed probably no matter where you live.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:37 pm 

NFL now stands for Not For Long..... I've been taking a knee since all this Capershit stuff started and they sat on the fence. Now I'm pretty much done with Professional Sports other than Hockey as they put their foot down and said protest on your own time. I do not care if your protest has merit or not, and even if I agree with you do not interfere with my entertainment, or I will choose not to participate. I will never watch another Superbowl and I used to be a big fan.