www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:57 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I have kept you up to date....nothing nefarious is going on.

Below is an email exchange with Gofundme as of yesterday.

The short version of the email exchange is there was a form they needed me to sign and send back. I never received the form and some reason my main email was filtering out the attachment. I got them to send it to another email address which I filled out and scanned it in and sent back. As of now they say they have everything they need...though they said that last week too. One good sign though is the withdrawal date has now moved up to this week. hopefully that is the last of it.

They definitely need to do some improvement on their end explaining what they want/need and have documents available to download (the forms I needed to fill out were not even available on their site to download).

Last email I got confirming they have everything:
Dear GoFundMe Customer,
We appreciate your cooperation. Your review with the GoFundMe Trust and Safety team is completed.
All responses to this email go to an unmonitored inbox. If you need further assistance please visit our Help Center to access helpful articles resources or to contact our Customer Happiness Team.

Email I got yesterday morning in response to my inquiry as to why the withdrawal date kept changing and being pushed out. I subsequently got them the document which they closed out the case and I got the email above.

Hi John,
My name is Leigh and I am a member of the Community Management team here at GoFundMe.
You may have missed my team's email asking you to clarify your withdrawal plan- we requested your reply, but I can see you've made the withdrawal plan really clear in your fundraiser's story- thank you.
Given your wish to withdraw to a personal account, we ask that you sign and return an attestation document. You will find the document attached to this email. At your convenience, please fill in all the fields, sign, take a photo or scan the document, and then send that photo or scan as an attachment to your next reply.
Once you have sent the complete and signed document, please allow 1-2 business days for our team to complete the review. Once reviewed, the funds will reach your bank account via ACH transfer within 2-5 business days.
I will wait for your response,
Leigh
Community Management Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:18 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

NYr wrote:

Isn't that what Bernie Madoff said?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:43 am 

Boynton wrote:
NYr wrote:

Shades of Enrique and Oswaldo Villalobos.......anyone remember them?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:08 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Whitecat wrote:
Boynton wrote:
NYr wrote:

Whitecat wrote:
Boynton wrote:
NYr wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=153467 This case?

In any event, the donors aren’t getting credit. NYr says, begrudgingly, he will send a list, but not how much the donors donated “because that isn’t important.”

Some other things thought, “important” were the donors have no direct contact with the recipients. Although 2 members claim to have daily WhatsApp conversations with the staff and the SL recipients freely give out their WhatsApp number and email addresses, only two members have this information so they control the flow of information.

This is why I keep suggesting we use technology to confirm everything, but it appears nobody wants confirmation, they just want to criticize. I would think the donors would like to watch the staff receive the gifts. This would pacify everyone.

I am not sure what everyone wants. This looks like the low IQ, nasty personalities that move from “up north,” to Florida and fight at condo association meetings. None of them want to work, much less process facts, so they criticize the condo association board.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:33 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Handled several GoFundMe efforts, I can attest that to establish an account is relatively easy. Takes less than 15 minutes. However, it is not east to get your funds out. Mine was even more difficult since I was aiding a 501(c)3 organization in the US. I’m unaware of any additional processing requirements in CR.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:55 pm 

first deposit received in my account today: $17040.93
Gofundme shows the balance to come July 3; but they were showing the above to come july 2nd...so going to see if I get the balance tomorrow and then send it all in one transfer to them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:13 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:

In any event, the donors aren’t getting credit. NYr says, begrudgingly, he will send a list, but not how much the donors donated “because that isn’t important.”

The list is public with the donations and they have the link. There are some folks who can’t afford to donate too much and donated $20; why should that be a part of the info to the staff? Everyone who helped is what is important. If you want to brag how much you donated, then do so in person when you are there.

Rolleratnight wrote:

Some other things thought, “important” were the donors have no direct contact with the recipients. Although 2 members claim to have daily WhatsApp conversations with the staff and the SL recipients freely give out their WhatsApp number and email addresses, only two members have this information so they control the flow of information.

Everyone knew upfront before they donated the info and how it would be communicated. If you didn’t read the details, that is not the responsibility of myself nor the SL staff. I volunteered to help with this all knowing there would be naysayers and folks would attack me as that is the normal course on boards where everything is anonymous. My understanding the SL staff has a Whattsapp group text amongst themselves letting them know the status (I am sure about other things too). I’m not a part of it, but I understand things are being relayed.

I am sure I am not the only one who has whattsup communications with the staff…anyone can check with them themselves. I personally have the number of several staff members…and they all know we are doing this.

Rolleratnight wrote:

I am not sure what everyone wants. This looks like the low IQ, nasty personalities that move from “up north,” to Florida and fight at condo association meetings. None of them want to work, much less process facts, so they criticize the condo association board.

Not sure what that is referencing or if associated with my handle…but if you have a problem beyond expressed above, please explain.

Eirerogue wrote:
Handled several GoFundMe efforts, I can attest that to establish an account is relatively easy. Takes less than 15 minutes. However, it is not east to get your funds out. Mine was even more difficult since I was aiding a 501(c)3 organization in the US. I’m unaware of any additional processing requirements in CR.

Thank you. The set up was really easy…getting things flowing out was a total pain in the butt as I stated in previous posts; they definitely need to make more things available online (like the form I found out late I have to fill out and send back) and they don’t tell you unless you ask like I did that different methods of donations have different “rules” as far as withdrawals.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:33 pm 

My point is this 2020 and with today’s technology this could be more open. What purpose is solve speculating on motives and logistics if it can all be verified by multiple sources? Nobody seemed to like any technological solution, just creating problems. The few with the means to communicate with the staff control the flow of the information. Ergo, if somebody is a Luddite and won’t communicate to confirm, why bitch? It’s easy enough to confirm.

The condo comment wasn’t directed at anybody’s handle. It is just the way those people act in condo associations. On the television show, Seinfeld, there were several episodes mocking the condo association mentality of New Yorkers as they accused Jerry’s father of wrongdoing in the condo association because he didn’t go eat at 4pm for the blue plate special and they assumed he embezzled the funds when Jerry bought them a Cadillac car. This group dynamic is well-known and appears in entertainment as evidenced by the Seinfeld episodes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:12 pm 

It was nice of you to go to the trouble to do this NYr. The Sportsman's staff is a great bunch of people. I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:38 pm 

Phuck these people, how much did they give ? :?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock:
Whitecat and his cien boys comments, how much did you give :?: :?: :?: :?:
And add all the others. Good job, It's gotta be a nightmare to shift money
over to CR, Thanks for doing this, and to all others GTFOH. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Regards, 911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:01 am 

ok got second deposit form Gofundme of $5269.23

So that is a total after the gofundme fees of $22310.16

As I stated, I would cover the gofundme fees and the transfer fees.

I have submitted this morning the Wire transfer for $23000. (plus $40 wire transfer fee)

As stated, I Will keep everyone posted on the money arriving.

Hopefully banks will not delay things further for further scrutiny.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:09 am 

Rolleratnight wrote:
My point is this 2020 and with today’s technology this could be more open. What purpose is solve speculating on motives and logistics if it can all be verified by multiple sources? Nobody seemed to like any technological solution, just creating problems. The few with the means to communicate with the staff control the flow of the information. Ergo, if somebody is a Luddite and won’t communicate to confirm, why bitch? It’s easy enough to confirm.

What would have been better other than everyone sending their own money directly to them....which probably would have been harder for them to manage and probably set off some alarms with the money entity (Moneygram or western union) and would have caused a lot more scrutiny.

I gave Yendry and Manfred access to the gofundme so they can see things themselves.

If you know of a better way, I Am all ears. There were a few of us who thought this through before actually doing anything and this was the best way we could come up with.

Ultimately there has to be some level of trust the donator has...and they should have that trust before they donate or they don't need to donate....ultimately it is in the control of the donator to donate or not. The SL crew trusted me from their standpoint to handle this side of the collection and distribution. I am pretty sure Bill would have stated something here if that was not the case.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:21 am 

I would imagine that the majority of the folks here criticizing the method of setting this up or the motives behind it, probably haven't contributed anything. I applaud NYr for trying to do something nice for some people that could probably use some help with everything that is going on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:21 am 

Money has been received by them to get distributed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:49 am 

Boynton wrote:
And the international money transfer in excess of $10,000 from a consortium of sex tourists to the employees of an entity facilitating prostitution :shock: :shock: :shock:

Naw that is just paranoia setting in, could never happen, just ask Mr. Softball. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What the . . . I ain’t no sex tourist. I visit Costa Rica as a world famous destination to observe biodiversity. I enjoy hiking La Selva to find and observe the Dendrobatidae. I have no knowledge of these despicable acts. They contributed to help get mango sellers get off the streets and to elevate the status of two white knights in the eyes of the front desk staff. This establishment is for the marriage-minded!

I am shocked - Shocked - to find prostitution going on here! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Last edited by Rolleratnight on Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next