www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:05 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

NYr wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:

This is my personal opinion, but the less complicated and more equal this is, the better. If you go counting Babi*s and boyfriends of the recipients and giving disproportionately the greater the chance of resentment. If everyone gets the same amount all will feel fairly treated.

As stated, leaving it up to Yendry and Manfred to decide.

Rolleratnight wrote:
I have just had another thought: it says that the donors will be revealed to the creators of the GoFundME page. Will the list of donors be transmitted to SL so that the recipients are made aware of those who thought of them in their time of need and made special allowances to alleviate their suffering?

I planned to take the public list of who donated and send the names in an email to Yendry and Manfred to distribute so they are aware; independent of the amount donated as that shouldn't matter. (folks have the option to be anonymous and I will honor that...not even sure if I can see who they are as I didn't try).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:57 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

NYr wrote:
NYr wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:
I have just had another thought: it says that the donors will be revealed to the creators of the GoFundME page. Will the list of donors be transmitted to SL so that the recipients are made aware of those who thought of them in their time of need and made special allowances to alleviate their suffering?

I planned to take the public list of who donated and send the names in an email to Yendry and Manfred to distribute so they are aware; independent of the amount donated as that shouldn't matter. (folks have the option to be anonymous and I will honor that...not even sure if I can see who they are as I didn't try).

I believe a greater sense of caring and joy would be felt if the staff knew that many people thought of them rather than a nondescript “From the CRT guys.” If you remember the movie “It’s a wonderful life” George Bailey was overjoyed to learn that so many of the townsfolk came to help him. This was the spirit I was trying to reproduce by suggesting a list of donors. It will mean a lot if they knew they were cared for by the many rather than the few?

Did I explain my intent well? What do you think of this suggestion?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:28 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:

I believe a greater sense of caring and joy would be felt if the staff knew that many people thought of them rather than a nondescript “From the CRT guys.” If you remember the movie “It’s a wonderful life” George Bailey was overjoyed to learn that so many of the townsfolk came to help him. This was the spirit I was trying to reproduce by suggesting a list of donors. It will mean a lot if they knew they were cared for by the many rather than the few?

Did I explain my intent well? What do you think of this suggestion?

As I stated above, I plan to provide the list in an email to Yendry and Manfred. I obviously don't have the email or the contact info for every employee.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:07 pm 

Are there any updates to this GoFundMe drive? Did the $23k get transferred to San José? Was it distributed to the SL staff? How did that go?

With so many reporting to be in constant contact with them, I thought we would hear something by now.

How did it all go?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:09 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

From Yendry:
We are in process to get the money.. Is not as fast As I imagine.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:04 pm 

Inspector71 wrote:
From Yendry:
We are in process to get the money.. Is not as fast As I imagine.

Well, I would imagine there would be some bumps in the road. COVID-19 and the size of the transfer.

Thanx Inspector for passing on the info. I am sure a lot of donors on here want hear about their joy when they get the gift and know we are thinking about them.

Please keep us informed and thanks for taking the time to write.

Have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:50 pm 

I ran into some snags earlier this week with gofundme as they needed more personal info.

I submitted it all and just waiting again. They seem to be scrutinizing this a tad bit being international I guess.

Yendry and Manfred are fully aware; we even tried to get Manfred setup directly with the fund raiser to get the money, but that didn't work either.

Right now, they are showing money release on the 26th, but who knows as they keep bringing something up additionally needed. I submitted copies of my ID and other info to them...so hopefully nothing else is needed.

As stated once the deposit happens I will post here that I got the money out finally and then post when Yendry has confirmed she has it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:00 pm 

NYr wrote:
I ran into some snags earlier this week with gofundme as they needed more personal info.

I submitted it all and just waiting again. They seem to be scrutinizing this a tad bit being international I guess.

Yendry and Manfred are fully aware; we even tried to get Manfred setup directly with the fund raiser to get the money, but that didn't work either.

Right now, they are showing money release on the 26th, but who knows as they keep bringing something up additionally needed. I submitted copies of my ID and other info to them...so hopefully nothing else is needed.

As stated once the deposit happens I will post here that I got the money out finally and then post when Yendry has confirmed she has it.

Thanx for keeping us informed as I am sure all the donors are thinking of them and hopefully they will know we are thinking of them. And thanx for handling it all. I am sure everyone is appreciative. It should be about $511 a person and that should help them a lot, especially if this pandemic keeps us all in limbo about our ability to go there or not.

Good job and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:03 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

What I'd like know is how many Ch*ldren of SL employees have died from hunger? How many security guards and gardeners are actually selling mangos on the street? How many bartenders and front desk staff are sucking dick at Monica's? CRT members quickly raised over 20K in funds to meet an URGENT need, but no funds have reached the staff in over 20 days? If the need was urgent in May, certainly some of these results must certainly have happened. Unless we have been scammed, the SL employees and their dependents must be "dropping like flies".

BTW, are those new Ray Ban's on Manfred's FB profile pic? Is Yendry's response "Papí, es muy complicado!" sufficient? Inquiring minds and anonymous contributors want to know. Mr Bill, involved or not, it is your rep on the line.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:53 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I guess the lair ran out of Old Crow. :|

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:45 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

FartBlossom wrote:
What I'd like know is how many Ch*ldren of SL employees have died from hunger? How many security guards and gardeners are actually selling mangos on the street? How many bartenders and front desk staff are sucking dick at Monica's? CRT members quickly raised over 20K in funds to meet an URGENT need, but no funds have reached the staff in over 20 days? If the need was urgent in May, certainly some of these results must certainly have happened. Unless we have been scammed, the SL employees and their dependents must be "dropping like flies".

BTW, are those new Ray Ban's on Manfred's FB profile pic? Is Yendry's response "Papí, es muy complicado!" sufficient? Inquiring minds and anonymous contributors want to know. Mr Bill, involved or not, it is your rep on the line.

Have to agree 100%. Who's got the bucks?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:02 pm 

Sounds like a Nigerian Prince got his mitts on the dough!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:01 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Pay attention, I know it's hard sometimes. If not the farmacia has meds for that!

NYr has stated the funds are still with GoFundMe until the 26th (min). Does anyone need a calendar?

From what I have been told the front desk staff is doing ok, but things are still hard. Staff is having a tougher time than the front desk. I personally know one worker who is indeed selling mangos on the street to survive. I will not name that person, but most of you know that person.

I asked Yendry on her thoughts about holding half the donations for a later date, God forbid this drags on another few months. She said she would discuss it with Manfred.

I do have to say I am proud of everyone that donated, I thought we would be able to generate 5 or 6k. 8k would have blown my mind! The plug got pulled at 23k! Just incredible! If anyone on the donate list finds yourself down the same time I am, theres a round on me! Now let's hope it's this year!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:49 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Inspector71 wrote:
I do have to say I am proud of everyone that donated

And we are all so proud that you are proud. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:02 am 

Inspector71 wrote:

NYr has stated the funds are still with GoFundMe until the 26th (min). Does anyone need a calendar?

Here’s some ideas

GoFundMe

GoFundMe says, “GoFundMe gets your funds to you quickly because we know that many fundraising needs are time-sensitive. You can set up withdrawals and add your bank account as soon as you accept the campaign organizer’s invitation to make you a beneficiary. Bank transfers then take 2-5 business days to arrive.” https://www.gofundme.com/c/questions. This was closed 8 days ago and GoFundMe says they know its time sensitive. If GoFundMe knows this is an online initiative and they are holding up the show, maybe they need to hear from the donors.

If donors - and I am one of them - call GoFundMe to get answers, GoFundMe might move faster since they advertise a guarantee. And all the donors could get answers from GoFundMe.

Whatsapp

For that matter, can’t we all get a WhatsApp group started to discuss this? Was it you or NYr that said the Front Desk staff respond early in the morning to their WhatsApp?

2020 Technology

There’s loads of technology here in the year of 2020. We have email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and we have Zoom too. If we can organize a GoFundMe page, all these modern technologies can be organized too. The Information Age is for disseminating information.

Just learned we have Twitter here https://twitter.com/ticasricas

I looked on Sportsmens’ page and they have a fair amount of bookings for July. When people get there in July, they can report back!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next