www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:46 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I thought about posting in the coronavirus thread but that has devolved into a political / flaming discussion.

I have scheduled an 8 day trip from March 31 - April 8. When I made the reservation I wanted t avoid Santa Semana. Staying at the SL and flying on Delta. So far my hotel can be cancelled and my airfare can be changed at no charge.

From the folks on the ground, I was would like to know whether the women are still frequenting places like the SL and the Del Rey. I would imagine the number of tourists is down and when there are less gringos there are usually less chicas.

Any advice would be appreciated. I really don't want to cancel as I think things are gong to get worse before they get better.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:21 pm 

As of today I have seen no changes on the monger scene beyond the fact they all have hand sanitizer. The city itself has a bunch of precautions in place just like everywhere else. It looks like they are going to take a bite in the tourist market. Come on down and help the economy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:47 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

As of today @ 3 pm Saturday, March 14, there’s about (10) chicas in SL and only a few guys.

Have not been to DelRay today yet.

The girls are still very friendly and offering their services.

I say come on down and enjoy before they ban all travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:34 pm 

Thanks for the updates guys. I guess I'll play it by ear and wait until am just a few days out. last I saw CR had 26 cases. Where I live (Ohio) have a similar number. If things don't explode over the next 10 days or so, I will probably give it a go.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:19 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Thanks for the updates guys. I guess I'll play it by ear and wait until am just a few days out. last I saw CR had 26 cases. Where I live (Ohio) have a similar number. If things don't explode over the next 10 days or so, I will probably give it a go.

There goes the bar and club scene in San Jose...

mh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:09 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I got a trip planned end of March. Be great if anybody on the ground there could give us updates. If they are closing all bars, does that mean the Sportsmans Bar would be closed? I'm assuming so

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:38 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

ticotranquilo wrote:
I got a trip planned end of March. Be great if anybody on the ground there could give us updates. If they are closing all bars, does that mean the Sportsmans Bar would be closed? I'm assuming so

I have a trip planned end of March too. Just a couple of hours ago one of my favorite Chicas sent me a message saying ‘They closed Del Rey until further notice. I don’t know what I am going to do’.

It’s sad. For me it’s a hobby that will be interrupted for a while. But for a lot of these girls it’s their livelihood. I mean they have chosen this profession for whatever reason and who am I to judge as I am not the one who pays for their Ch*ldren’s expenses, food and a roof over their head. It’s their choice. But I felt very sad for this chica when I saw her message. I hope the situation improves soon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:18 am 

I took advantage of Delta's change policy and moved my reservation to early July. I guess I will be able to play in the Sportsmens golf tournament this year :-). Never played golf in Costa Rica. Looking forward to it.

At this stage it sounds like they are only closing bars and discos with less than 40 confirmed cases. I would imagine other things will follow as the number of cases increases as it is sure to do in the short term.

This will pass and things WILL get back to normal. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Good luck to everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:53 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Guess I have no choice now but to cancel my March 31 trip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:17 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Costa Rica's borders are closed to foreigners March 18th - April 12th.

https://qcostarica.com/costa-rica-close ... oreigners/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:17 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

You guys just bailed me out of a mess.

I was just about to leave for my 1:55AM flight at JFK airport when I saw the news about the travel ban and the closure of the bars and restaurants.

Despite all of the madness I was going to make the trip until I saw the last two or three posts in this thread.

I just contacted the airline and Sportmen's Lodge to cancel.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:19 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

LocoGringo wrote:
Costa Rica's borders are closed to foreigners March 18th - April 12th.

https://qcostarica.com/costa-rica-close ... oreigners/

Dang it! I need to cancel my March 25th trip. Hope the virus slows down and goes away in about a month or 2. If it goes away by Memorial Day (or sooner), that would be good. :| :o

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 pm 

All because of the Frickin Chinese and their Damn Wet Markets.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:48 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

an update for those in the country with a stamp that may expire soon
Tourists (non-Residents) who entered the country after December 17, 2019, may legally remain in Costa Rica until May 17, 2020.
https://qcostarica.com/urgent-informati ... osta-rica/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:20 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

BondTrader wrote:
All because of the Frickin Chinese and their Damn Wet Markets.

Yah. The Chinese government really needs to ban their wet markets and frigging wild-animal-eating!! Gone are the days when a lot of people were dying of famine and the government authorized people to pretty much eat anything to stay alive. These days it’s being done I think by the elites or people who wants to make easy money.

This is not the first deadly virus out of China. And this won’t be the last unless they really step up enforcement and totally ban the wildlife meat markets. The world is losing billions and billions (if not trillion) of dollars, people’s daily lives inconvenienced, not to mention a lot of lives lost. What a mess this is!! The Chinese government has to probably pay for some of these losses because they created this mess.