www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:26 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Boynton wrote:
Public Hospital Closes to Outpatients

Authorities of the Caja Costarricense de Seguro Social (CCSS) decided to suspect outpatient services at the San Rafael de Alajuela Hospital for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday because of the confirmed covid-19 patients being treated at the medical center.
https://qcostarica.com/alajuela-hospita ... -covid-19/

This weekend, I bought a 3 month supply of all my prescription meds, basic foodstuffs, beer, liquor and those little cocktail umbrellas. Still seeing my regular girls. I expect to get the virus at some point, hope to recover, expect the hype, closings, and shortages to be the biggest hassle.

BTW, While I am only 61, I have congestive heart failure (CHF), COPD, pacemaker, diabetes, hypertension, and multiple myeloma. I see chicas 4 to 5 times each week. Puta Vida!

Man, you have to be careful with all those ailments. 4 to 5 a week says you are in decent shape but those microscopic fkrs can be very serious so keep your guard up. You want to be around for the next generation of chicas...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

have tickets to go see a K*D graduate in Chicago this month
not mine but i'm very close to her and she just called me today crying saying all graduations have been cancelled
dow drops 2000 in one day
mensa grads aren't drinking corona beer

unreal
at a hotel in San Diego going to see Tame Impala
little boutique place i got for cheap and the phone is ringing off the hook w cancellations
people are freaking the Phuck out
guess i should be happy the band didn't cancel the show

Last edited by LAdiablo on Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:10 pm 

all done, sir.

Last edited by Keeper50 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:17 pm 

ty and sorry for making a personal political comment on the site i'll try to delete it
please do the same in your quote of me and it goes away
don't want to start that

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:18 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

An excellent article that is updated daily with accurate numbers & locations as Coronavirus grows & spreads.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020 ... oronavirus

Costa Rica raised to Nine today the tally of people infected with coronavirus in its territory,
including Three Americans, up from five a day earlier, the government said:

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/03 ... -rica.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 am 

Hoosierdaddy wrote:
Boynton wrote:
Public Hospital Closes to Outpatients

Authorities of the Caja Costarricense de Seguro Social (CCSS) decided to suspect outpatient services at the San Rafael de Alajuela Hospital for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday because of the confirmed covid-19 patients being treated at the medical center.
https://qcostarica.com/alajuela-hospita ... -covid-19/

This weekend, I bought a 3 month supply of all my prescription meds, basic foodstuffs, beer, liquor and those little cocktail umbrellas. Still seeing my regular girls. I expect to get the virus at some point, hope to recover, expect the hype, closings, and shortages to be the biggest hassle.

BTW, While I am only 61, I have congestive heart failure (CHF), COPD, pacemaker, diabetes, hypertension, and multiple myeloma. I see chicas 4 to 5 times each week. Puta Vida!

Man, you have to be careful with all those ailments. 4 to 5 a week says you are in decent shape but those microscopic fkrs can be very serious so keep your guard up. You want to be around for the next generation of chicas...

Just realized all those ailments and girls are most likely BS and meant as some kind of joke. Don't get the joke but get the BS...There's no fool like an old fool!

I stand corrected. No BS and I hope Boynton keeps up the pace and stays healthy. I jumped to the wrong conclusion and was glad to receive a PM from him to set things straight. It was a very polite correction and I am impressed by his doing so and really impressed that he has such a great attitude with all that's going on. Sometime the mind is stronger than the body. This guy is making the most of both despite everything.

Keep your guard up and stay healthy & happy!

Last edited by Hoosierdaddy on Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:38 pm 

Last edited by Boynton on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:06 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Costa Rica up to 13 confirmed cases of coronavirus, 179 suspected

https://ticotimes.net/2020/03/10/costa- ... know-today

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:10 pm 

On the positive side... AA MIA/SJO r/t $193 :shock: :shock: :shock:

mh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 am 

Latest world news on Covid-19 not good... It's going to get everywhere...just a matter of time. There's no stopping it. And comparisons to the flu are scary. Flu only affects 20 per cent or less of the population each year. It has a 1/10th of one percent mortality. That's 50 to 100 thousand people worldwide per year. Some years a bit worse...up to half a million with a flu a few years back. This virus is a bit less transmissible. But that's not all good...means it takes longer to make the rounds. And a much larger percentage of people will get it because we (humanity) appear to have no built up immunity to it...unlike the flu. So up to 80% of people will eventually get it. The death toll will be many many millions. Estimates range from as low as 1% with good health care (ie. oxygen, etc) to over 3%. China got hit hard because they didn't even have oxygen to go around initially....they didn't know or acknowledge what they were dealing with at the start. Anyway...best case is around 1%.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:09 am 

So what's the probable way it will play out.

I think we need to look at Italy. We'll all get to that level. And it's not done there yet. It has to infect around the 80% of people before it goes away. That's probably the level where the virus won't continue to spread and if even close to 80% of the population get immunity from having it...then the virus dies out. At least for a while. But that whole process is going to take a long time...probably years.

So we're looking at a new way of life. Starts now...industry and production of goods and services all over the world is dropping like a stone. Factory shut in China...can't get part A...factory in Europe shuts down because it can't make product B without part A. Etc. So when do people stop work and when do they get back to work. Who knows. Everything is so interconnected that the economy will take years to get back to "normal" and it will be a new "normal". The stock market is already anticipating some of this...hence it is dropping like a stone. And more to come probably.

Two or three years from now...when the thing has peaked and is dying off in most places...then who knows. Perhaps an economic recovery.

As for trip planning...I'm away right now...and flying home next week. I'm hoping I don't have a cold when I get to the airport. I would sooner face this thing at home...will at least hopefully be close to family. Last thing I want is to be in isolation in CR or Colombia for a month to say nothing of how to negotiate the medical systems away from home.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:45 am 

Zeos wrote:
Latest world news on Covid-19 not good... It's going to get everywhere...just a matter of time. There's no stopping it. And comparisons to the flu are scary. Flu only affects 20 per cent or less of the population each year. It has a 1/10th of one percent mortality. That's 50 to 100 thousand people worldwide per year. Some years a bit worse...up to half a million with a flu a few years back. This virus is a bit less transmissible. But that's not all good...means it takes longer to make the rounds. And a much larger percentage of people will get it because we (humanity) appear to have no built up immunity to it...unlike the flu. So up to 80% of people will eventually get it. The death toll will be many many millions. Estimates range from as low as 1% with good health care (ie. oxygen, etc) to over 3%. China got hit hard because they didn't even have oxygen to go around initially....they didn't know or acknowledge what they were dealing with at the start. Anyway...best case is around 1%.

please tell us more Dr. Zeuss :roll:
pray tell what in your background gives you the ability to make such a statement?
or are you just crystal free ballin?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:51 am 

LAdiablo wrote:
Zeos wrote:

pray tell what in your background gives you the ability to make such a statement?

Some epidemiologist I heard interviewed. I don't remember the name. But I did say "up to". Whether it's 50 or 80% ...they're big numbers.

Hey...you don't have to believe anything I say. Skepticism is good. I certainly could be wrong on lots of the stuff I put together here...but it's where I think things are at. I really hope I'm wrong and this does not go global...unfortunately it already has and no country so far has been able to stop it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:58 pm 

Last edited by Boynton on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:02 pm 

Zeos wrote:
LAdiablo wrote:
Zeos wrote:

Some epidemiologist I heard interviewed. I don't remember the name. But I did say "up to". Whether it's 50 or 80% ...they're big numbers.

Hey...you don't have to believe anything I say. Skepticism is good. I certainly could be wrong on lots of the stuff I put together here...but it's where I think things are at. I really hope I'm wrong and this does not go global...unfortunately it already has and no country so far has been able to stop it.

The Italian prime minister said today they are expecting up to 70% of the population will be get it...not sure what death rate they're expecting from that...but at 1% that would be 600,000. US would be over 2 million.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43  Next