www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:47 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Today and yesterday were the highest 2 days of new cases to date. Yesterday set a record high, and today again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:20 pm 

Whitecat wrote:
Today and yesterday were the highest 2 days of new cases to date. Yesterday set a record high, and today again.

Yes, and the total number of people hospitalized skyrocketed by 2 (from 411 to 413), the number in ICU beds decreased by 7 (from 140 to 133). The number of deaths remains steady at around 10 per day.

Costa Rica has 1058 hospital beds that can be used for COVID and 287 ICU beds, so that means utilization rates of 39% and 46%.

The test positivity remains high, at over 40%. There is clearly community spread.

Perhaps more concerning is that due to COVID related flight restrictions the country has been without vaccines for polio, tetanus, chickenpox, and pneumonia.
https://qcostarica.com/pandemic-leaves- ... pneumonia/

While I don't want to minimize the problem, it us important to put things into perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:19 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I call bs on the vaccine shortage because of transportation issues. There have been scheduled repatriation flights between the US and Costa Rica for months, the air cargo companies kept flying in and out of Costa Rica as well.
Tampa, LATAM, DHL and UPS all have flights from MIA to SJO on a routine basis.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 pm 

Flabuck wrote:
I call bs on the vaccine shortage because of transportation issues. There have been scheduled repatriation flights between the US and Costa Rica for months, the air cargo companies kept flying in and out of Costa Rica as well.

I don't think it's vaccine shortages, its a world wide problem that vaccines are not being administered due to Covid. And polio had almost been eliminated - it is a very sad day if it comes back to any degree because of this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:21 pm 

Zeos wrote:
Flabuck wrote:

I don't think it's vaccine shortages, its a world wide problem that vaccines are not being administered due to Covid. And polio had almost been eliminated - it is a very sad day if it comes back to any degree because of this.

Well, I guess you guys know more than the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:26 am 

Always refreshing to hear the experts at work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 am 

Boynton wrote:
Zeos wrote:
Flabuck wrote:

Well, I guess you guys know more than the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).

Hey...not saying that isn't accurate for Costa Rica. But I do also know that there is a delay in vaccinations in the rest of the world, including here at home. Africa is of special concern as it is the last bastion of polio. Anyway...not intending to contradict what the report said, although I did come across that way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:27 pm 

everybody dies... but how many actually live

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:35 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Whitecat wrote:

That was Friday and Saturday. I could not find a report for Sunday anywhere?? What is up with that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:18 pm 

Seabee wrote:
Whitecat wrote:

That was Friday and Saturday. I could not find a report for Sunday anywhere?? What is up with that.

You are not the only one wondering.
https://qcostarica.com/no-health-report ... t-is-away/

BTW, I have been watching today’s briefing and 35 minutes in, still no reporting on yesterday’s numbers or today’s.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:58 pm 

Boynton wrote:
BTW, I have been watching today’s briefing and 35 minutes in, still no reporting on yesterday’s numbers or today’s.

Today's numbers are now available on the web @ https://delfino.cr/2020/03/covid-19-en-costa-rica

New cases: 1588 combined for the past two days. (corrected, 847+741)

New deaths: 18 combined for the past two days. (corrected, 11 + 7)

Last edited by RicoGuapo on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:07 pm 

RicoGuapo wrote:
Boynton wrote:

Today's numbers are now available on the web @ https://delfino.cr/2020/03/covid-19-en-costa-rica

New cases: 1588 (new record corresponding to about 31.1 cases per 100K, now worse than every state except Iowa).

New deaths: 18

It looks like that is days worth. CRHoy is reporting 741 today and 847 yesterday. Today's death was 7.
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/pais-s ... ste-lunes/

No english reporting yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:09 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Zeos wrote:
Flabuck wrote:

then don't confuse a manufacturing /supply problem with a transportation problem
Direct quote from the article
“The provider indicates that there are no flights available.”

“Due to restrictions in the plant due to COVID-19, the supplier reports that it cannot have the product in the amount and time stipulated.”

The frequency of these messages by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) increased as the COVID-19 emergency spread around the world.

It may very well be a supply issue but air cargo operations were /are still active at SJO the entire time plus the regularly scheduled passenger flights from Houston. If the can't get the cargo to MIA or IAH, that is on them and the supplier. Quit deflecting blame because you can't manage the logistics of getting needed cargo to your country.
Just looking at today, there are six cargo fights from MIA to SJO.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:11 pm 

Boynton wrote:
It looks like that is days worth. CRHoy is reporting 741 today and 847 yesterday. Today's death was 7.
https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/pais-s ... ste-lunes/

Yes, I believe you are correct. I just caught that distinction myself and was going to correct the earlier post but you were too quick on the draw. (Earlier post now corrected.) They combined two days of numbers to get to the 1588. That's a relief!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:36 pm 

Flabuck wrote:
then don't confuse a manufacturing /supply problem with a transportation problem
Direct quote from the article
“The provider indicates that there are no flights available.”

“Due to restrictions in the plant due to COVID-19, the supplier reports that it cannot have the product in the amount and time stipulated.”

The frequency of these messages by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) increased as the COVID-19 emergency spread around the world.

It may very well be a supply issue but air cargo operations were /are still active at SJO the entire time plus the regularly scheduled passenger flights from Houston. If the can't get the cargo to MIA or IAH, that is on them and the supplier. Quit deflecting blame because you can't manage the logistics of getting needed cargo to your country.
Just looking at today, there are six cargo fights from MIA to SJO.

Who implied there was a manufacturing problem? It is by default a supply problem since there is no vaccine here to be administered. Either way, I defer to you as the Elvis Presley of BS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 43  Next