www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Yes I am for real. I find it uncomfortable and annoying, plus it fogs up my glasses. If you really think they will prevent you from getting Covid then wear one. It is my choice and I choose not to wear one. I have always stayed home when I have been sick and I stay away from others in the house as well. I do not need government to infringe on my life by telling me I have to wear a mask. Next thing you know government is mandating no oral sex because it is dirty and contributes to getting sick. Keep your masks and pretend they work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:47 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Ilv4play wrote:
Yes I am for real. I find it uncomfortable and annoying, plus it fogs up my glasses. If you really think they will prevent you from getting Covid then wear one. It is my choice and I choose not to wear one. I have always stayed home when I have been sick and I stay away from others in the house as well. I do not need government to infringe on my life by telling me I have to wear a mask. Next thing you know government is mandating no oral sex because it is dirty and contributes to getting sick. Keep your masks and pretend they work.

+1 absolutely Agree with Everything you & Pops say

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:51 pm 

DManWalking wrote:
Ilv4play wrote:

+1 absolutely Agree with Everything you & Pops say

Staying home when you're sick, and keeping some distance is great. But sometimes when I'm shopping for groceries or whatever I do need to be close to others in passing or whatever. I think there is lot's of evidence that masks help - mostly to stop people that have it from spreading it, but also it reduces (not stops) the chances of getting it. And it is a very easy and small thing to do...even if and when it is a bit annoying. I think we should be wearing them when in proximity to others, and I certainly don't think it has anything to do with controlling people or infringing on rights. You don't have a right to walk around naked in public, and I'm sure it would not be a pleasant thing for anyone anyway. Wearing a mask is far less of a big deal than wearing clothes. It's should not have to be government dictating it...it should be society that agrees to be considerate of everyone else and do it...that would be the ideal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:18 pm 

Ilv4play wrote:

Good thing you have those three assault rifles, real manly men can't tolerate foggy glasses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:22 pm 

Quote:
Next thing you know government is mandating no oral sex because it is dirty and contributes to getting sick.

They actually did that in Germany a couple years ago. The government mandated that at all the FKK clubs & other sex clubs, condoms must be worn during oral sex to prevent the transmission of diseases.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:41 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Ilv4play wrote:

+1

The funny thing is that it's actually MORE detrimental to your health to walk around breathing in your own carbon dioxide all day. But you'll never hear about that on T.V, just that "we're all in this bs together"...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:46 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Good thing you have those three assault rifles, real manly men can't tolerate foggy glasses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It makes hitting your target harder. Thank God for 40 round clips........

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:59 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I was in North Carolina a few days ago. I walked into a gas station convince store in a rural area. I forgot my mask because I had been driving for so long, and I really needed to go tinkle. To my astonishment almost no one was wearing a mask, so I didn’t have to go back to the car to get it. It felt so good to be free from the nightmare if only for a few minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:50 am 

Ilv4play wrote:
Boynton wrote:

It makes hitting your target harder. Thank God for 40 round clips........

Wouldn't this be a whole lot easier?
https://www.amazon.com/Pre-Moistened-Le ... B0723CV53X

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Well, wearing masks certainly helped make a huge improvement in the state of Texas. Below is a quote from three weeks after the govenor issued the mandate to wear masks on July 2, along with the rollback of some business openings (mainly bars). There is also a link to the latest hospitalization data for Austin showing how much things have continued to improve.

I have to give him credit, it took a lot of guts for a Republican govenor to do this.

Three weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott required Texans to wear masks, epidemiologists and disease modelers say they are cautiously optimistic that the mandate is helping the state turn a corner in its efforts to contain an outbreak that has killed more than 4,500 Texans.

Throughout the summer, Texas’ coronavirus outbreak became grimmer by the day and by almost every metric: case counts, hospitalizations, deaths. But in the past week or so, Abbott and some of the state’s public health officials began to see hope in the daily case counts as they appeared to stabilize.

A growing body of evidence points to widespread mask-wearing as an effective strategy for containing the virus, and one North Texas researcher’s statistical analysis published this week argued that local mask orders in the region reduced viral transmission enough to avoid a lockdown. The governor, who has faced blistering criticism for his handling of the pandemic from members of his own political party, immediately seized upon those findings in defense of his statewide order.

https://austin.maps.arcgis.com/apps/ops ... ec2a7841cb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:55 am 

smplyamzng wrote:

The funny thing is that it's actually MORE detrimental to your health to walk around breathing in your own carbon dioxide all day. But you'll never hear about that on T.V, just that "we're all in this bs together"...

LOL that is the dumbest thing I have heard.
first: Oxygen Molecule and Carbon Dioxide Molecule are about the same size. So, they would pass through your mask the same.
Second: only 20% of the air you inhale needs to be oxygen based. % of exhaled air is usually 16% Oxygen and 4% Carbon Dioxide....but those are only statistics so you may ignore them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:04 am 

Mmmmmm......I’m missing something here. I’m wondering what “ Oxygen Molecule and Carbon Dioxide Molecule” have to do with Costa Rica and pu*sy?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:24 pm 

I only wear a mask when required, and besides where were all these people in the pre-corona days, when coughing, sneezing and spreading respiratory diseases wasn't given a thought. I rarely traveled without getting sick from these A-Holes, and if you die from either the flu or corona your just as dead.

I really like how these same Karens who were hacking their lungs out a few months ago are now telling me to "pull up your mask all the way". But, that's the direction of the Herd right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:51 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Way, way back when I was a high school K*D.. I thought 'Scientific American' was a cool publication coming from a thoughtful and also educated place. Well now.. with all of these 'free?' self appointed experts 'showing me the way'... why should I even tax my brain, thinking for myself??? The 'easy' way is to choose some fool to believe. And follow him (or her) right down their 'rabbit' hole that leads to and also winds up nowhere. The ability/acquired skill to be able to always question everything.. is one of the best gifts that if we are lucky and smart enough, that we could ever (in one lifetime) be able to receive. I suppose it just all comes down to our 'individual' choices (and reasoning). Or maybe how many lifetimes that you (think you) have to do it over and over again. Don't count on it. Get it right.. right now.. or forever fade away into oblivion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:15 am 

So many experts.......so much BS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 43  Next