www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:27 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-world ... d-19-trial

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:59 am 

Puro Party wrote:
https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-world/first-vaccinations-begin-in-africa-for-covid-19-trial

Lo siento, was in a hurry tonight to get out of the house for Texas Roadhouse before they may shut down again for awhile.

However our Lt. Governor Patrick was on FNC tonight and conditions on the ground not as bad as the "controlling" media leading us to believe:

Huge reason 1: Large huge spike in positive COV-19 increases the last couple weeks due to mostly youngers getting tested now who have been more socially active (and getting exposed/sick) than Seniors (50 +/-) post Pandemic drop. Shortly after the P-drop was mostly seniors who have been more conservative and less socially active.

Huge reason 2: Despite cases and hospitalizations increasing the number of deaths is constant the last several months.

FNC reports, you decide.

Cheers!
Davis

Last edited by Puro Party on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:04 am 

Boynton wrote:
Zeos wrote:
Either way you're within six feet for a prolonged period of time. You'll breath enough in to get it if she has it.

Unless you pull a David Carradine. Now that's how to avoid Kung Flu! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah unless can keep their cake holes filtered (and/or ours) not worth it for "Kung Flu Fightin" for their fishies LOL.
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:31 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Zeos wrote:
Flabuck wrote:
From an article in todays Q Costa Rica

Currently (June 29) there are 37 patients hospitalized, the highest so far, of which 3 are in Intensive Care.

Now, as of June 26, 3 out of every 6 tests are positive.

The Caja has 477 beds exclusively for COVID-19, which could be increased to 2,713, but would take away space for non-COVID-19 patients.

https://qcostarica.com/two-more-weeks-w ... se-health/

So the country has shut itself down for months with just 37 in the hospital and three in intensive care. Who knows how many of these new cases will actually end up in the hospitals.

Sure, that is now. But the important issue is whether the cases keep increasing. And having 3 tests out of every 6 tests positive says that they are not testing nearly enough people. They must only be testing those they know have been exposed or potentially exposed to the virus.

When this thing gets rolling and doubles every few days it gets out of control. That's what they're trying to avoid. Even if it is partly under control but still increasing the question is...how do you reverse that before you get to the point where the system can't handle the cases. And that is what has happened in country after country, and is happening in many places, including in the US, more than ever. Worldwide this is now increasing at a faster rate than ever...it's not done yet.

Let's wait 10-14 days and see how many of the people who recently tested positive actually end up in the hospitals.
There are also plenty of health costs that aren't showing up now but certainly will in the future. How many are delaying health procedures, how many aren't getting the food they need, mental health issues from isolation or pressure from a lack of money and ability to earn it. How many are going into debt that will be paying off for years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:52 pm 

Dream globally, Phuck locally.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:49 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I feel make plans and reserve rooms ,until goverment states we are not allowed in.I really think economics will out weigh ,the health part of it.Require covid test 2 weeks prior to arrival.Thermo scan passengers at departing airport and when they arrive.
This virus should just be like tsa checking security before you get to gate area,I would just as soon go thru extra steps to know plane is clean and safe.Last step body condoms......everyone slip one on safety first :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:58 am 

Flabuck wrote:
Zeos wrote:
Flabuck wrote:
From an article in todays Q Costa Rica

Currently (June 29) there are 37 patients hospitalized, the highest so far, of which 3 are in Intensive Care.

Now, as of June 26, 3 out of every 6 tests are positive.

The Caja has 477 beds exclusively for COVID-19, which could be increased to 2,713, but would take away space for non-COVID-19 patients.

https://qcostarica.com/two-more-weeks-w ... se-health/

So the country has shut itself down for months with just 37 in the hospital and three in intensive care. Who knows how many of these new cases will actually end up in the hospitals.

Sure, that is now. But the important issue is whether the cases keep increasing. And having 3 tests out of every 6 tests positive says that they are not testing nearly enough people. They must only be testing those they know have been exposed or potentially exposed to the virus.

When this thing gets rolling and doubles every few days it gets out of control. That's what they're trying to avoid. Even if it is partly under control but still increasing the question is...how do you reverse that before you get to the point where the system can't handle the cases. And that is what has happened in country after country, and is happening in many places, including in the US, more than ever. Worldwide this is now increasing at a faster rate than ever...it's not done yet.

Let's wait 10-14 days and see how many of the people who recently tested positive actually end up in the hospitals.
There are also plenty of health costs that aren't showing up now but certainly will in the future. How many are delaying health procedures, how many aren't getting the food they need, mental health issues from isolation or pressure from a lack of money and ability to earn it. How many are going into debt that will be paying off for years.

All of the above, yep. But no country on earth that I know of has just sat by and done nothing. That cost is way too high. And all of those costs can be minimized by controlling this thing, and it can be controlled. Many countries are. And many are not. Costa Rica has done pretty good in my opinion. And they probably want to keep it that way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:07 pm 

Support Your Local Hooker

294 new cases today, 56 people hospitalized (doubled in last 6 days)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Support Your Local Hooker

this is easy for you to say....here in the states they are either skanks or very expensive

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:13 pm 

Hooker in my area is 300.00 for a one shot hour.My ticket on American Airlines for end of sept. Cost me 378.00 to the land of honey.Waiting to see what they deciede to say about allowing usa tourist in.If not will flip over to Domenican or another country to party in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm 

Jim15687 wrote:
will flip over to Domenican or another country to party in.

Dominican Republic has released some detailed info, but not sure how you would get there.
https://www.godominicanrepublic.com/new ... ronavirus/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:56 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I think the government just revealed its thinking by announcing the extension of tourist visas until November 18 for those who entered after December 17 of last year.
https://ticotimes.net/2020/07/08/costa- ... ovember-18

This is essentially accommodation for “perpetual tourists” who are normally required to leave for 72 hours every 3 months. The economy doesn’t need the additional hit if they forced this group to repatriate to the US.

Tells me they are thinking possibly sometime in October as the earliest reopening to Americans that would let this group leave for three days and then return to CR.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:04 pm 

The new charts aren't looking good for Costa Rica this morning. Confirmed cases are definitely on the rise.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... osta-rica/

It seems that everybody eventually gets their turn in the barrel. Costa Rica has successfully delayed their turn so far, but sadly, it looks like their turn is coming. The question is whether that delay time was used effectively to prepare the medical facilities and prepare the public.

I hope it doesn't happen to Costa Rica, and I don't want to be pessimistic, but I could see a scenario in which the tide turns as the US passes through the first wave and cases subside while Costa Rica becomes a hot spot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:03 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Moved my body and my business to Hawaii in May on good intel. Haven't regretted it. Everything here is cautiously open, with No Outsiders Allowed (including those from mainland USA). For everyone in the mainland USA and other hard-hit areas... stay strong and Stay Serious about this. It will pass in time, if you just stay serious about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:33 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Seraph wrote:
Moved my body and my business to Hawaii in May on good intel. Haven't regretted it. Everything here is cautiously open, with No Outsiders Allowed (including those from mainland USA). For everyone in the mainland USA and other hard-hit areas... stay strong and Stay Serious about this. It will pass in time, if you just stay serious about it.

Aloha There is wisdom in this post. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 43  Next