www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RIP Pacoloco
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:59 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I just heard that long time member Pacoloco passed away yesterday from lung cancer.

You will be missed buddy. :cry:

Post subject: Re: RIP Pacoloco
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:30 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Rio4Me4Ever wrote:
I just heard that long time member Pacoloco passed away yesterday from lung cancer.

You will be missed buddy. :cry:

Please tell me this is a joke... :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:47 pm 

Unfortunately this is not a joke. I spoke to his brother last night, who called me to break this horrible news. I cannot express the feelings I have right now but I will always remember the 13 years of memories we shared on our CR adventures together.....there will be a huge void on future trips that will never be filled as I will always miss my friend. I may write more later once I collect my thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:48 pm 

I've just received confirmation that our friend PacoLoco did, in fact, pass away yesterday.

Many CRT'ers knew him from his thousands of posts on this site (over 10,000 posts), but for those who knew him personally, he was a great guy. Always joking, laughing, bustin' balls, just a lot of fun to be around. We had a lot of good times in the gulch over the years and I'm happy that I had the honor of being his friend. This is a very sad day...

Paco... rest in peace my friend. And know that you will be dearly missed by many. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:27 pm 

Rest in peace:

I just got the news. Very sorry I will miss him. Does anyone know what arrangements the family has made.

Lee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:33 pm 

RIP Paco, you will be missed my friend.. :(

I met him and and his wing LH in 2005 on one of my first ventures to the gulch. Was always a lot of fun and great guy to hang out with.

Spoke with him via telephone a couple months back, he indicated he was going in for a second round of treatment, Hoped he was on the road to recovery.. This is truly very sad news

Lee wrote:
Does anyone know what arrangements the family has made.

There will probably be an newspaper Obituary (nothing yet, I will keep an eye open for it and post it)..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:40 pm 

ah man RIP brother
only met him a couple of times but the first time we had a long conversation in the mansion that i will always remember
always hoped to hang out w him again but it was always him arriving as i was leaving
for all the nonsense and wisecracks he posted there was a sincere and good man that i met
to all of his close friends and family i am very sorry for your loss :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:57 pm 

RIP Paco Loco, you & your words will be missed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:07 pm 

I am at a loss :cry:

We were very good internet friends,and I did met Paco one time.
Had some fun PM banter about a week ago with him, I never knew he was ill, but that is the nature of the beast.

So I am going to do what he liked to do

Go whoring around and have a casado :cry:

Con Dios Paco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:23 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

RIP Paco Loco. You will be missed - both your serious postings and your sense of humor. :cry: :cry:

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:24 pm 

Truly sad news to hear about Scott's passing - he has left us far too young. He was one-of-a-kind with a wry, understated wit, and the back-and-forth banter between him and Latina Heat back in the early days of the board was priceless. Had the honor and privilege of being his primary wing on a trip to Sosua back in December of '09 - he was truly a great guy and a kind soul.

GR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:41 pm 

Sad news another CRT Legend has passed.

When I first come to CRT as a newbie almost 9 years ago, I was avid reader of PacoLoco here on CRT. He was sarcastic and funny, and he appeared to know his way around Costa Rica, so I followed him closely. I cut my teeth in our hobby on his wise cracking humor and more sober and informative trip reports. He spend many hours crafting great trip reports with pics of... shoes, food, and o yes some hot flacas. He was fond of flacas. Subsequently we would meet and travel together not only to Costa Rica but to Medellin and the Dominican Republic. He joined me and GR in Sosua to celebrate my 50th bd. He was truly a monger’s monger. He kept it very simple. He had zero tolerance for “novia drama” It was strictly “catch and release” in it’s purest sense with him. Never once did he ever intimate that he was getting sweet on a working chica, that he had a novia, etc etc. He derided and made jokes about those of us who did. But he was always a gentleman monger in line with the original spirit of Costa Rica Ticas.

In his over 10,000 posts there are some absolute gems and I would encourage anyone to kill a few hours a
nd check out some of the funny threads he started… hysterical stuff and satire re: our hobby.

RIP Amigo… sucks you had to go so soon :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

I can't begin to tell you how much this hit home when I was notified earlier. So many friends were made over the years at CRT many casual some you came to know as real brothers and people you could count on for anything.

Scott was one of those guys. Never a bad word to say about anyone, always willing to go out of his way to help a newbie. When you remember the original words this site lived by a Like Minded band of Gentlemen, well PacoLoco was at the top of that list.

One the original Good Fellas, and one of the 1st VIP's on this site as well. I will always remember sharing war stories back in the day on the Rail at the Presidente while we immediately were scouring Avenida Central for the next conquest.

A true time to think and reflect about the Trivial things in life and what goes around here. Life is Too Phucking Short. Live each moment like it is your last as tomorrow is promised to nobody.

A Truly Good Guy gone long before his time. RIP my friend you will be missed by many and never Forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:35 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Wow such sad news. I meet him in San Jose and I exchanged emails and pm's with him about Boca Chica and Santo Domingo. A real good and funny guy. I did not know he had cancer but had noticed he had not been on the board much lately. RIP and thanks for the many insightful and humorous post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:37 pm 

Oh. I only met Paco once in passing in the doorway of Idem about 10 years ago. But have had many online interactions with him. Very nice guy, and never had mean-spirited word to say about anything.

His last post about 2 weeks ago was typical of him, busting balls.

PacoLoco wrote:
Hank Daman wrote:
Where is this place Medellin, somewhere in Costa Rica? Can you get there by taxi from the Del Rey (which I have never been out of).......
Funny, now will someone please piss off Hank so he quits CRT forever again?

Rest in peace amigo. You will truly be missed around here.