www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:41 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Iggy wrote:
I have been using Dr. Cavallini for over 6 1/2 years and to date – he has guaranteed his work. I did have a problem with a root canal that Dr. Chen had repaired and now that moral has to come out.

Had pero work done by Prisma (other than extremely expensive) it held for a few year – but ended up with implants. Even though I like the doctor @ Prisma, the cost will make you run not walk away.

Yes – Dr. Cavallini has a hotel in the building – it’s the same or about the same price as the SL. If you’re not into the scene, then yes, I would consider – waiting is a pain and it will take up most of your time if you do the type of extensive work that I have performed each trip.

There is a little hotel next to the doc’ called Hotel Cacts…defiantly not into the scene – no air – sparse breakfast – nothing much on that side of town expect the Pizza place.
http://www.hotelcacts.com/

I've used him for about the same amount of time; extensive work, implants, etc - still go when I'm in SJ for cleaning.

Plus 1000 on the work, the practice, and the waiting time :)

Also, don't even dream of bringing back "guests" should you stay at the hotel adjacent to the practice, but worth considering if you have extensive work prepared - you are also better waiting for the green season if you can, although every time I've gone, its been a wait, sometimes a long one - if you are considering him, its a good move, but read these 2 posts a few times :lol: :lol:
I highly recommend if you use Dr. Cavallini – Bring a good book and lots of patience’s because it is always crowded but worth the wait. Best to come first thing in the morning and sit right next to the front desk - that way your are not lost in the shuffle. Then after lunch i make sure I'm back @ 1:30 no later ... just realize the place is full of both locals and long term American patients

My only interact with 90210 is that I went on a national holiday and he was closed due to the lack of “my Planning and not his… YMMV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:05 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I did some research and it came down between Cavallini and Doctor Bonilla in New Smile, they're reviews were both really good, at the end the Smile Makeover package offered by New Smile seemed better, and I'm really happy with the results, they did some bridges and crowns and I am really happy with the result. This is what I got: https://www.newsmilecostarica.com/smile-makeover.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:28 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Glad you are happy with the work, that is all that matters. If you ever need a change give a look at https://costaricaimplants.com/. I have had a fair amount of experience with them and have multiple friends that have had major work done that was way cheaper than in the US. Not sure what they would have charged you for what was done, but it does not matter as long as you are happy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:46 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Even though I live in NJ, Dr Cavallini has been my dentist since 2008. Even though there is usually a bit of a wait they keep adding staff and expanding the office.

When I started there they had three dentists, now the number is closer to ten. They also added lodging and multiple rooms since I started there.

The prices are almost double where they started in 2008 but are still very reasonable and the work is top notch.

I would highly recommend Dr Cavallini.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:20 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Dr. Marco and family are the Very Best! They have secured the best staff available in CR. You will feel very satisfied with putting your dental health in their hands. Exceptional work with exceptional staff.