www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zippy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:47 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Zippy:

My comments are just my opinion I have no inside information I do not know the people that run these places. I'm really not that social of a person although I must say I've run into a number of guys from CRT that I feel very comfortable with. I'm getting off subject here. I found your comment about how management at Key Largo treated the girls had an effect on them deserting the place very interesting. From a business standpoint it is the girls that drive business. I have observed many fluctuations in the way the blue marlin treats the girls. They're going through a period where they have very strong control the market and this is reflected in heavy-handed treating of the girls.

I found security much less conciliatory of the girls this last trip than I have the last two years. As far as that goes a couple of times I had to remind them that I was a guest of this hotel and expected better treatment.

Lee

Last edited by Lee on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:52 am 

I never spend much time in the NY bar. Guess it reminded me to much of the states that I enjoyed leaving :lol: . Happy Days was ok & 1/2 block down the street from Key Largo where the Morazon Hotel is now. It was my second choice to Key Largo & sometimes I would find a good one in there. Many of the Ticas seemed to float working in Key Largo & happy days it seemed to me. Happy Days seemed better in the early afternoon than Key Largo.

The Park Hotel always seemed like a dive too me but that is just me. The Ticas always seemed skanky or lower in class but one never really knows for sure where you might find a gem. It was also in what I considered a bad part of town but I would walk there in daylight. Maybe like 10 or 12 blocks???

Lee's
Quote:
I found security much less conciliatory of the girls this last trip than I have the last two years. As far as that goes a couple of times I had to remind them that I was a guest of this hotel and expected better treatment.
Again Lee I agree with your assessment. We are the customers that float the boat at HDR & I for one really hate the security guys coming up to me in a nasty tone saying you can't just stand there or have to clear this area etc. after we spend so much in there. They could be a little more professional about it I feel. One security guy (I forget his name) always has a scowl on his face & my opinion he does not seem to like Gringos all that well. Well I guess I can kind of see why :? :lol: !

Also some of the Chicas that worked at HDR I have seen at the Beatles Bar in Jaco told me they left HDR because of the pressure they were recieving from management there at HDR. Who knows but the Chicas will gravitate to what works for them & like you point out we will follow.

At one point I really didn't even like to go to Key Largo & thank God it has changed for the better now. Now I do not care to go to strip clubs at all where I use to like them somewhat. I use to have some great times in Olympus with some top quailty Chicas which is now Lipstick. Also had some good times in Josephines & Pure Platino. These strip clubs have all become clip joints it seems.... :evil:

If someone would want to do a successful business like HDR you better be able to attract the Chicas by their own free will I believe. HDR is the main game in town at the moment but if they over play their hand who knows. Right now I feel Bill at the sportsmens Lodge has his eye on the ball better & is paying more attention to the details. If he had the $$$$$ lookout! Some Ticas I know that don't want to be seen in public hooking rather go to the Sportmen because they feel it is more private & less problems with other Chicas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:04 am 

YO Ye Old Days:

You "young'uns pretty much painted the picture for the last 9 or 10 years and I agree with most of it. Happy days would still fit in just fine in the gulch....sorely missed by some guys I know. The Park hotel never did anything for me and the entertainment was sub par....at least after one had been there a few times. Key Largo of the 80's and in it's prime is my fondest memery of SJ and always will be. The BM was not so enchanting in it's early begining unless you enjoyed fishing tales and hard tails.

The real loss is the SJ and CR of the 70's and 80's....at least for me. But then again, Mr. Pecker was younger and more potent back then so my historical view is somewhat bias. I won't go into tales of yonder year since it would be repetitive of my former posts and really means nothing anymore.

Someone mentioned "quality" of the women. That's in the eye of the beholder and each decade and generation certainly has had it's range of selection. What the gulch is missing now is that certain feel of innocence and lady like presence in a vast majority of the women. With the influx of other nationalities invading chica herds that parade through our well known cantinas.....the rare jewels are becoming an extinct species..... At least in the gulch and other well known hangouts. But hell, prostitution is not only a hardening of the woman but a hardening of the soul as well.

A number of the gents on this site who have had more than 4 or 5 years traveling to CR will admit that the charm has worn off but most of them that still return look for a glimpse of that first or second trip they had years ago.

Nostalgia is good for one's pride but the monger in you brings out tha little boy inside.....always looking for new toys.

Post subject: Re: History
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:29 pm 

Lee wrote:
Key Largo's fame became its worst enemy. News teams with cameras began showing up. You could imagine the effect this had on business when you stepped out of the front door with your new love at your side to find a camera and reporter waiting for you.

Zippy wrote:
One night I found what I consider to be a real beauty from Colombia. I made the deal with her but we could not leave HDR when I wanted because there were news media & cameras with bright lights taping people going in & out of HDR.

I assume this was the U.S. media? (Since these activities are not really big local news in places where it's legal anyway.) Where was it aired?
While on the topic I wonder is Romulus asking details just out of curiousity or gathering info for some book or documentary, isn't he in the film business?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:54 pm 

TicaFan wrote:
1) What was good about Happy Days and where was it located?

2) I thought the Park Hotel was just a hotel that happened to have a lesbian show one night a week. Was there more to it and where was it located?

3) Is the New York Bar of today different than the one of the 90s?

Happy days was right next to the Morazan entrance on Calle 7. Next to HD was a travel agency and then the KL.

The Park hotel was a hang out for expatriates as well as a pick up bar for working girls. While occasionally you might find a "diamond in the rough" the talent was usually second class. They also had the Fri/Sat night lesbian show

The "old" NY bar was on avenida one next to the Avenida 1 entrance of the Morazan hotel. It was much smaller than the present NY bar but attracted the same afternoon crowd that now goes to the "new" NY bar. It was different from the new one at night as they did not have bands and fiestas occasionally and did not have a kitchen. The only food served was chili.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject: defing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 pm 

Pacologo:

Quote:
I assume this was the U.S. media? (Since these activities are not really big local news in places where it's legal anyway.) Where was it aired?

Surprisingly (at least at first) it was not the U.S. media. It was regional media and the story is about a local nightclub becoming world-famous what went on there was only part of the story.

Of course once the U.S. media got there the story was all about men who were too old and girls that were too young. They went so far as to film young girls in the park on their lunch break from the school next door using night vision equipment to make it look like it was nighttime leaving the impression these schoolgirls were waiting outside of Key Largo late at night hoping to be picked up. How sad can you possibly get.

Quote:
While on the topic I wonder is Romulus asking details just out of curiousity or gathering info for some book or documentary, isn't he in the film business?

interesting : do you think he will give Irish Drifter, Circus, Zippy and me a credit in his book? hell if he doesn't go for it I may make it my retirement project. I do have 10 years worth of pictures and stories.

Sorry guys just boring weekend and I have nothing else to do.
Lee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:21 pm 

PacoLoco it was the CR media doing this that I saw.

Quote:
interesting : do you think he will give Irish Drifter, Circus, Zippy and me a credit in his book? hell if he doesn't go for it I may make it my retirement project. I do have 10 years worth of pictures and stories.

Lee I have many also but some of mine go back as far as 20 years. We could pull our recourses & show & tell quite a story I am sure :lol: . I think Irish is quite the book of knowledge :wink: & Circus hell all the Chicas remember running away from his 2 inch pecker for many years :P . Lee I think you & I where in a crazy haze sometimes & it might be hard to remember it all. Good thing this site is around & I documented some of mine or I would not remember as much :? .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:15 pm 
Circus

You touched on a topic that I found very interesting. Can you please elaborate on this:

Quote:
What the gulch is missing now is that certain feel of innocence and lady like presence in a vast majority of the women. With the influx of other nationalities invading chica herds that parade through our well known cantinas.....the rare jewels are becoming an extinct species

What percentage of girls now are like these girls you mentioned compared to the hardened pro's?

How many of them were at these locations?

Would you say some of the girls at IDEM or Zona Blue represent this quality of girl? DO they even come close?

Were the vast majority of girls like you describe before?

Where can they be found (if at all) these days?

What was the place like in the 80's? How were the girls different?

When I was at the DR in May I would say about 90% were all pro's. Many of them I keep seeing from previous trips over the years, which is why I am going to other countries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:03 pm 

YO Romulus:

Before I reply just let me say that there will probably be a chorus of opposing views but this is my opinion only.

In the 70's and lasting until the mid to late 80's CR and SJ was not beseiged by Gringos and European tourists as today. When one visited various MP's or the KL, as well as other establishments the majority of the girls were Ticas.....I would guess around 90%. I have a fondness for Costa Rica women because years ago they were mostly very vice and lady like.....yes, I'm speaking mostly about the pros. Most women were more appreciative of not only the dinero you handed them but their contact with men from other places in the world.....not to mention the man's kindness and treating them like a lady.....which Ticos spared that practice as a rule. In many countries and cultures that is a constant. Shit, that's why Austrailian women adored GI's going there on leave from Vietnam.

MP's are many times an entrance to the profession and I have more than just a few times met a lady who is a newbie to the profession. If you are a seasoned traveler (or monger) you will instantly know that innocense by the way she fumbles around. Lot of guys hate that but I find it stimulating. Idems is certainly a training ground for some as well as other MP's. I dislike Fantasy but that is a personal dislike. Remember, we are speaking of prostitutes in this post......okay, independent contractors.

I did not want to repeat old posts I have written but in order to answer your questions I must reflect on how the Key Largo was in the early 1980's. The ladies dressed in dresses as though they had returned from church and would sit not at the bar but along the perimeter of the ext. wall and only approach you if you motioned for them....I'm sure there were exceptions but that was mostly the practice. Working Ticas then, in my humble opinion, were much more humble and wanted you to respect them along with giving you a friendly adventure with a novia attachment.

This still exists in CR but not much in the Gulch and heavy traffic areas due to the influx of other working girl nationalities. Also, it's the times and an eroding of the family structure, economics and a more leary eye towards gringos I believe.

Hell, who knows. Perhaps ten years from now some of the newbies on this site will be recalling just how great it was back then....circa 2006. Time rolls on and with each decade the mode of our monger sport changes as dicks go where they have the best success and least resistance.

The memories and experiences are there.....I'm just fortunate that I witnessed that special time.

Unfortunately, I can no longer get a chica to lay on this deplorable body. Shit happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:35 pm 

Excellent post Circus, I think you come nearer finding this type experience in Costa Rica's local venues which are my prefered venue but I am sure not as much so as the 70's and 80's or even 90's which I unfortunately missed. I am starting to expore new options like Peru and looking at Equador as the next Latin adventure. These places are far less frequented by gringos and we are much more of a novelty. Just a few of my thoughts.rbc100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:56 pm 

Location: Downtown San Jose, Costa Rica, the BELLY of the BEAST
Great posts, all you seasoned veterans.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be...

Post subject: good grief
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:52 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Great post on this. I see so many gringos coming here. Bring cellphones, perfume and lots of money. All dying for attention.Spending 5,000 clones on a shot of Patron and taking the ladies shopping. Money , and More Money. It only takes a few of you to ruin it for the rest. They the hookers all have friend who hooked a large Marlin and they want the same. fishing in the gulch. So No wondered they ask for a cien and now asking for dos ceins for a two hour triste... We as gringos with all this have really messed up the price. Now two guys I know send western union a hooker a $1000/month for six months until he came to his senses. They email and call the states all with their sad story and we as gringos fall for this.. GOOD GRIEF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:04 am 

Circus that is one of the best posts I have ever seen from you :P ! Thanks for letting us see your opinion; you really expressed much how I see it also. Many men I have known were not all that crazy about CR & its women. They evidently were not looking for something in life that most of us seem to enjoy here. I agree Ticas like to be ladies & show their sexuality. I must have been yearning for this more than I thought because after getting a taste of it I was hooked.

I had no trouble finding & keeping good looking thin Gringas around in the States but after CR they just didn't feel the same or right to me. So many Gringas it was ALL ABOUT THEMSELF & they could not hide this :evil: . The deeper I looked into all this the more I liked CR. I was young & had the time & resources to explore all this. I traveled other places around the world but CR was just a perfect fit for my little Zip it seemed.

I was dating non P4P gals as well as doing my Spanish teacher, plus all the other venues that could be had. I was tired most the time & always low on SPUNK :roll: :? . I brought different groups of Ticas back to the USA strictly as friends. They paid their own way & they had Visas since they were from well off families. I invited several different groups like this & it was fun to watch the interaction with Gringas here. They were very attractive Ticas & this bothered some Gringas I knew..

I learned a lot about the true core of Ticas being a lady & all about taking care of their families. They were shocked to see how Gringas were different in so many ways. I really liked what I saw 8) ! It was a BIG breath of fresh air for me.

Everybody sees things different as we should but I don't see it like things are getting worse in CR like many here. I tend to make the most of my time I believe. I do not sit still very long or keep my brain in a constant fog from drinking or drugs feeling sorry for myself. I am no better than anyone else & to each his own but this is what has worked for me :oops: . I am always trying to learn new things or what my little Pinhead will allow. Learning the Language has opened many new doors in many different directions. It is easy for me to see thru the pros & a fresh one that is not hardened at all. Like you said they fumble around & it is obvious. I see this like you as a turn on more than anything else. I don't need a professional suction machine or a chica to lick my a-hole, hell that bores me (to each his own). What I look for is a real live human being that shares emotion & part of their life with you, most of these that like you well enough seem to have a gleem in their eye getting you off.

It’s not hard to find at all if you know how to look & act. I feel like Jazz does so well because he polishes his game all the time. To each their own but I believe you get more if you give more (not meaning $$$ here). These Ticas have been consistent thru the years with their very childd like minds too me which makes it very easy to play with them. Nothing has changed much in this area for 20 years too me. Sure the Pros are hard & full of it but who wants to be around them???

I feel like the guys complaining are the guys that aren't improving themselves. This shows one's age more than any single thing I feel & makes you less attractive to the better Latinas.

Rusty
Quote:
I see so many gringos coming here. Bring cellphones, perfume and lots of money. All dying for attention.Spending 5,000 clones on a shot of Patron and taking the ladies shopping. Money , and More Money. It only takes a few of you to ruin it for the rest.
You are so right here Rusty which I do hate to say. It really shows us how terrible it truly is in the States. These poor attention starved WEAK MEN just lose it when they come to CR & not even Vegas Bob has not been able to penetrate their thick skulls and WEAK MINDS :evil: !!!!!

Romulus as far as percentages go I would say 4-5% of what I find out & about fits into the more innocent type of Latina. Their are so many that come out to play now that is still plenty but you have to do some very careful observing I feel to find them. If you have the time you can find all kinds of fun else where that is not even P4P but most men do not have the time or patience to do so.

The men that I know that have lived in CR very long don't even care about the gulch & find what they need thru their own network.

Also you informed us what business you are or were into with making movies which I respect. Have you watched the Panochitas series of movies or some of the ones where Mark Anthony is in Latin American Countries.. They find some pretty innocent talent it looked like to me. So hard to find or keep a fresh look in that business it seems.

http://www.loaded247.co.uk/s/Adult_DVD/ ... ochitas_8/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:50 pm 

YO Zip:

Good post also and you are right about Ticas. You certainly have a keen eye for the best things that not only CR offers but the latin culture as well. I enjoy reading your experienced thoughts and views. You seem to be a well traveled man and most importantly.... appreciative of the feminine values of Ticas that are sorely lost on gringas.

I use to really enjoy the very special times with Ticas when we only walked the parks, went to movies or chilled out together. They do have a Ch*ld like way about them especially when their eyes get big and their excitement glows when you buy a gift for them or a family member. I was younger then and the age gap was not as problematic as now. Now days my kindness to them seems interpreted as a father figure type or at worse when a lady last year told me that I would have been a wonderful grandfather for her......geezzz, talk about a turn off. But in respect to her....she said that complimentary.

It's been a number of years since I truly had a real Novia in CR but because I know a number of people living in country I occasionally run into a friendly situation that produces a Tica moment. Up until about four years ago I use to entertain K*ds in the parks doing my magic tricks or clown goofs and had a great pleasure doing that. A groups of K*ds are a captive audience but their madres were almost as Ch*ld like as their K*ds. BTW, back in the 80's that was a another way to meet non-working Ticas.....entertaining their Ch*ldren. Make the Ch*ld happy then the mother smiles and walla....unless they are still married or have a tico boyfriend.

As a few of my long time friends on this site know, I will not cruise the BM, DR for women. I am absolutely turned off by the meat factory of tattoos, piercings, many overweight and overpriced array of flesh bitchitas. Yes, I still meet friends there or sit in amusement watching the newbies or hard ons prowling the smoke infested cascade around the bar. Since I have been kicked out of that quaint establishment several times in the past I no longer employ my old Circus antics.....just low key now. I've had my run of entertaining the natives there but as we grow older one indeed has to savor the few existing things that are still enjoyable to their personal tastes. Mine are found outside the gulch and hopefully recapturing the essence of that simple yet sweet Tica.

They are a flower in the latino world and I only wish that I could end out my final years with one. Looks like the sun is setting on that reality.

I TOLD ALL OF YOU SOB's TO DONATE TO THE "SEND CIRCUS TO CR FUND."
SHIT, NOW I"M TRAPPED IN THE PITS OF JAX. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:42 pm 

Yo Circus Dude, when was the last time you did your Clown act?

I mean really dressed up and doing your magic/entertainment stuff?

I bet you could draw a crowd out on the pedestrian walkway.

And, I wonder how many of the youngsters (and probably their moms :) ) are still running around with all the 'Good Luck Coins" you've presented over the years?

ol pal of ours, there's lots of people you've made smile.

let's go back and make em laugh some more.

As long as we have one more Silver Dollar, we have some fight left in us all.

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)