www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:50 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hi all! I'm planning a trip for myself and a couple friends to Cartagena in May. I considered Panama City and Jaco as well and decided on Cartagena for a few reasons. I'm new to the board, and I see it's good manners to contribute before asking questions so, below is the info I've gathered from researching the board. If any of the regulars on here have anything to add or correct, I'd appreciate it!

Jaco
-Beachfront; Not white sand like the Carribbean but decent beach; better than Cartagena's beach which is small to nonexistant near the city
-Girls cost a bit more than in Cartagena ($100 to $150 for an hour or two in Jaco vs 150 to 200k COP in Cartagena) and quality is lower vs Cartagena
-Housing cost is relatively low and quality can be very high end if you want to pay for it; Housing is all low-rise; No high end high rise condos like in Cartagena and Panama City
-Great activities for daytime like ATV and ziplining

Panama City
-Waterfront but beaches are 1.5 hours away
-Girls cost 2 to 3 times Jaco and Cartagena; Girls are imported mostly from Colombia, Costa Rica, Venezuela
-Infrastructure is much better than Jaco and a bit better than Cartagena; City is the cleanest and developed vs Jaco and Cartagena
-Higher end nightlife and bar scene
-Housing is the most expensive vs Cartagena and Jaco; Housing is pretty much all high rise

Cartagena
-Beachfront but all high rises or casas in the city center that mostly don't have water views; If you want a modern beachfront mansion, your choices are much less and much further away from city center vs Jaco
-Boats can be chartered for day parties to Cholon Island

I looked into hiring a fixer to arrange for a private pool party and a private boat party, but it seems that they charge at least double what it would cost of just doing it yourself? For example, VIP in Panama for a rooftop pool party on top of a fancy hotel is charging $1100 which includes a dj for 3 hours, food and open bar for 3 hours plus $150 per girl for 3 hours plus whatever you negotiate with girls for extra services. Very pricy it seems.

So the current plan is to book a casa in Getsemani or Bocagrande on Airbnb that's girl friendly and then put together our own pool party and boat party.

For the boat party, the plan is to pipeline girls through mileroticos and photosprepagos starting a week or two prior to arrival, and then also hitting up the clocktower the first couple of nights to collect lots of numbers, and then negotiate over text and pray they show up at 9am at the marina : )

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:28 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Panama sucks. It’s infrastructure? Give me a break. I could write a book on that place. Got stuck there for a few months on and off. Had a really nice apartment in what was supposed to be the nicest building in town. Almost no one speaks english. No one gives a Phuck about anything. It’s not hell but it’s close.

Costa Rica is 100 times better in every possible way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:27 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Was in CTG 12.26-12.31, the most I paid a chica was $80 and that was only once and that included cabs and ST motel. the rest were 150Kcop which is less than $47. Search mil eroticos dot com & photo prepagos dot com. There are a ton of hotties available for incall or out call. You just have to do some research. Do not stay at Hotel delfines on Carrera 2. This AirBnB host assured me there would be no problem with bringing chicas in. I brought 2 in Wed., pm & afternoon, one Thu am, one Thu noonish & had one come in Thu early pm. They refused to let the last one in and the host told me "This is not a casa de citas!" I told her you said you had no problem with me bringing a gf in & she replied, "yes, one gf, not several of them!" Well, phuck me running, talk about put a damper on my week!!!

Be very careful, know before you go. I guess you have to be very explicit about what you need to ask!
Anyone who bitches about price/heat/infrastructure is simply looking for something to bitch about. I had a great time in PTY & twice now in the CTG!! Do a little research and you'll be fine.

CostaReeker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:53 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I live in Cartagena part-time, usually July - November. The scene is good for girls merely due to the city size, plus there are a fair number of domestic tourists in town most of the time. The most important thing to check on re the girls is to make sure that your hotel/villa/etc. allows guests. Some do, some don't.

I would definitely pick Cartagena over the other two, but I am a city guy. Sheer volume of hot girls plus a nice-sized city on the beach. That's why I live here.

Spanish is necessary, or at least significantly more necessary than it is in either Jaco or Panama City.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:40 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Jaco, Panama City and Cartagena are all good in their own way. There are girls there and they are places to hunt. You go where the girls are and adjust to the rest. Just finding girls to have sex with is easy. What is hard is to find girls that perform the way you enjoy, look up to your standards and are fun to be with. The experience gets considerably better when you are able to communicate with them. Most of the guys who live in Colombia speak Spanish to some degree. It opens up lots of doors and improves the experience in being there not just wiIh the girls but in everyday life. Ordering food, giving cab directions, making reservations, negotiating with girls all are much more difficult if you are constantly using a translator. This is why Costa Rica with most hotels being bi-lingual and most girls having some English skills is a good choice for most newbie travelers. Many of the older guys from this board started in Costa Rica and have moved on. It is not the same that they remember it. The good old days. It is still great, not just for the women but for the Adventure. There is no way to compare it to life in the states. It is paradise. A slower pace of life, great food, beautiful scenery, friendly people, chances to enjoy the out doors and include the availability of all the sex you can handle with beautiful women is describing it conservatively.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:53 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Once again, Pops gives the best advice.