www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:46 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Need some help guys - thinking of flying in to San Jose with three other guys on a Thursday, staying the night, then heading to Jaco on Friday - staying there until Sunday then heading to Quepos to go fishing - want to get into Quepos Sunday and fish early Monday - get back and head back to San Jose on Tuesday, leave Wednesday -

my question to you guys is how hard is it to get transportation from Jaco to Quepos on Sunday, where do we stay in Quepos, is there any nightlife there and what do we do for transportation from Quepos to San Jose on that Tuesday? Thanks in advance

and if anyone can recommend any good charters to fish with either out of Quepos or anywhere near Jaco, I would appreciate it - thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Tracopa has good bus service between Quepos and San Jose, mostly direct, but even the directo busses will stop on the outskirts of "downtown" Jaco. Look at the Tracopa website for departure times. Quepos to San Jose is usually a 4 hour bus trip on a big, modern, air conditioned Tracopa bus. Cost is on the website..... Maybe about 12-15 dollars.

There is bus service from Punteranes to Quepos and beyond that stops in Jaco. Sorry, i don't know the frequency or cost ot the name of the bus company.

Taxis are always available, but you'll need some "Benjamins" for this distance in a taxi.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:25 pm 

I know nothing of fishing, Quepos, or ground transportation to points between, sorry.

But just in case you didn't know already... everyone arriving must have an appointment with Luna booked in advance. She's in SJ and only works mornings so know that your itinerary requires um... the buddy system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:24 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

http://www.queposfishadventure.com/

Call John. He will hook you up. We paid $800 + $200 tip in Feb of 2015 so with 4 guys you should expect to pay about $250 for a full day of offshore fishing. We rented an SUV in SJ so I can't help you with the taxi fee. Expect to hear the usual taxi mantra, "I have to charge 2x because I have to return to Jaco....blah, blah, blah!!"

Here are a couple of links that may help out:

http://www.jacotransfers.com/tour/shuttle-service/

https://www.supershuttlecr.com/jaco-transportation/

Good luck!!!

Costa Reeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:58 pm 

Rac wrote:
Tracopa has good bus service between Quepos and San Jose, mostly direct, but even the directo busses will stop on the outskirts of "downtown" Jaco. Look at the Tracopa website for departure times. Quepos to San Jose is usually a 4 hour bus trip on a big, modern, air conditioned Tracopa bus. Cost is on the website..... Maybe about 12-15 dollars.

There is bus service from Punteranes to Quepos and beyond that stops in Jaco. Sorry, i don't know the frequency or cost ot the name of the bus company.

Taxis are always available, but you'll need some "Benjamins" for this distance in a taxi.

Todos bus schedules.

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/cr/

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:01 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I used one of the van services and it was less than $200 from the airport to Quepos. There are some in this thread. Or just ask the hotel.

search.php?keywords=Reliable+transportation+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:07 pm 

I like to fly Nature Air or Sansa to my favorite airport in the world, Quepos Int'l :lol: Just a thatched hut and easy in and out. 30 minutes flight time, if even.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:26 am 

CaptainCohiba wrote:
I like to fly Nature Air or Sansa to my favorite airport in the world, Quepos Int'l :lol: Just a thatched hut and easy in and out. 30 minutes flight time, if even.

Only thing about the domestic airlines though is you are very limited on weight of you luggage and if there is not enough people for them to make a trip you will either have to wait of catch a flight going somewhere else before they get to your destination. Last time I flew to quepos we were there at 8:30 for a 9am flight only supposed to be 25 mins to Quepos but did not leave till 12:00. Time before was an 8am flight so there at about 7:30am. Finally left after 1:00pm and went to La Fortuna and Liberia before getting into Quepos at just after 4:00pm. I now prefer to drive myself and leave when I want.