www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:22 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I keep hearing Del Rey use to have hot Colombian women, but they stopped coming here. Can anyone explain how this happened?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:43 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Believe it was a CR immigration crackdown that killed the pipeline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:26 pm 

Possibly, the No Cien Club

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:31 pm 

I can remember so many Colombians in the Del Rey 2001 - 2004 The place was packed every night by 8pm Acrosss the street the was another bar. Walked a many of those Medellin and Cali chicas back down the hill to the Presidente Hotel. Every trip I would talk to someone who got robbed walking between DR and Presidente

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:28 am 

Up until about 8 years ago, the girls could get a tourist visa simply by having a travel agency send their passport to the Costa Rican consulate in Bogota. The CR government wanted to put the brakes on the flow of Colombian working girls into the country; so they made it tougher for Colombians to get a visa. (ie a Colombian now has to be interviewed in person by a consulate official.) It was the Colombianas I met in SJ that made me want to explore Colombia. (And now I live there... LOL)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:55 am 

Hank wrote:
I can remember so many Colombians in the Del Rey 2001 - 2004 The place was packed every night by 8pm Acrosss the street the was another bar. Walked a many of those Medellin and Cali chicas back down the hill to the Presidente Hotel. Every trip I would talk to someone who got robbed walking between DR and Presidente

Indeed, the Del Rey was incredible then. It was packed nearly every night of the week. Many Colombianas :) 'Running the gauntlet' was an adventure :) That bar across the street was the Monkey Bar. Prior to that, it was named Rogers. In the late 90's, they used to have a craps table in the Del Rey, situated below the railing, between the banos and the telephones.
I remember in 1999/2000 the Del Rey was for sale. A real estate firm in CR had it listed. As I recall, they were asking around $11 million for it. I wonder what the asking price would be now?

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:06 am 

BlueDevil wrote:
Up until about 8 years ago, the girls could get a tourist visa simply by having a travel agency send their passport to the Costa Rican consulate in Bogota. The CR government wanted to put the brakes on the flow of Colombian working girls into the country; so they made it tougher for Colombians to get a visa. (ie a Colombian now has to be interviewed in person by a consulate official.) It was the Colombianas I met in SJ that made me want to explore Colombia. (And now I live there... LOL)

Also, quite a few scam marriages occurred, where Colombianas would marry Ticos so they could stay in the country.

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:56 pm 

ANY marriage is a scam - - - no matter what the purpose. :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:46 pm 

Funny how most of the guys on this board used to trash the Colombians for being clock watchers, mechanical, cold, pricey, etc etc etc.

Now they miss them. You want Colombians, go to Colombia. They are better and 1/2 the price in Colombia than CR. You want Russians, go to Russia. It's a pretty simple concept.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:23 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Had the pleasure of many a Colombiana in the 90s and into 2yk, some were definitely model material, Yes some were hard core. But still some were GFEs.
Apparently its easier for them to come to S.Florida, lots of Colombians and even more Venezuelans here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 pm 

Orange....well said some people prefer to live in the past rather than enjoy and accept the present.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:14 pm 

I think the OP was asking more out of curiosity...

Could be wrong though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:07 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Flacoduro1 wrote:
Had the pleasure of many a Colombiana in the 90s and into 2yk, some were definitely model material, Yes some were hard core. But still some were GFEs.
Apparently its easier for them to come to S.Florida, lots of Colombians and even more Venezuelans here.

Yeah but you should have been here in the 70s

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:12 pm 

Go to the SOURCE !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:04 am 

El Silencioso wrote:
Go to the SOURCE !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right!

Just spent two weeks in Medellin...must report it was full of gorgeous, sweet colombianas. Fun, fun time...and the COP is close to 3,000 per US$, what a deal :D