www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:25 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I've been a Jaco hater long before the new highway opened. :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:07 am 

Trial set.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:03 am 

Up to 12 years....wow, speechless!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:49 am 

He's going to get out soon if he can shut the Phuck up
Instead of saying things like "at least the system might be fair"
I would be showing some contrition in his position even if I didn't believe what I was saying
They are holding 12 years over your head douchebag wake up
What an absolute tool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:45 pm 

He's has not exactly ingratiated himself to the DR, and I doubt that he will be returning to CR, in the event that he obtains his freedom. What I am concerned about is .... what country is he going to now to be an assclown ???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:51 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I presume (If he ever get outs) he will seek safety and shelter in the good ol' U.S.A.... I know I would! :mrgreen:

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faj8vf1df3U

• Have Fun!
  • No Drama!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:09 am 

Diablo wrote:
What I am concerned about is .... what country is he going to now to be an assclown ???

Colombia has a recent opening.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:24 am 

Overseas firms seem to be promoting prostitution here and elsewhere
By the A.M. Costa Rica staff

Costa Rica has a 2012 law prohibiting calling the country a sex tourism destination. Based on an internet search, the law has not had much impact.

A computer user can find pages and pages offering the services of call girls and ******* supposedly in Costa Rica.

A Diario Extra news story over the weekend said that some Costa Ricans in the United States were upset because their home country was being advertised there as a sex tourism destination. So is every other Latin country and maybe most countries in the world.

Many of the Costa Rican listings, however, seem to trace back to a few businesses.

Hot Girls Costa Rica, Costa Rica VIP Party, Costa Rica Beach *******, Call Girls Costa Rica and Call Girls Panama all seem to include a Colorado Springs, Colorado, phone number. That doesn’t mean the operation is there. Telephone technology allows someone anywhere to receive telephone calls as if being somewhere else. This is a major tool of crooks.

The ownership of these internet domains are protected by a Canadian company. Hosting also appears to be from Canada.

A few similar operations include local telephone numbers. In fact, anyone can advertise their availability in sites like Craig's List and Backpage. And some other Web sites simply are advertising sites for independent workers.

Prostitution is not penalized in Costa Rica, but lawmakers did pass that law that basically says talking about it is a crime.

So far the only person who has fallen afoul of that law is David Strecker a/k/a/ Cuba Dave. He was picked up nearly a year ago as he was leaving the country at Juan Santamaría airport. He has been jailed since while prosecutors scurry to find a reason to charge him with crimes.

At the time of his arrest, the allegation was designating Costa Rica on a Web page as a sex tourism destination, which, of course, it is. Strecker has been very public about all his exploits in paying money for sex in Latin countries. He began by taking boat trips from his Miami hometown to Cuba in the 1990s.

Apparently judicial agents followed Strecker for 12 days trying to find him doing something illegal.

Since the Strecker case there have been no known actions by prosecutors to enforce the sex tourism designation law. However, news stories in the Spanish-language press frequently result in official actions, so there probably will be a flurry of statements by politicians this week about the sex tourism sites.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:41 pm 

Any predictions on the outcome of CD's trial? I predict they will sentence him to three or four years in prison.
I know that CR doesn't have jury trials like the U.S. They usually have a three-judge panel to determine the verdicts. Does anyone know if the convicted individuals are given credit for time served (in preventive detention)?

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:46 pm 

Gringotim wrote:
Any predictions on the outcome of CD's trial? I predict they will sentence him to three or four years in prison.
I know that CR doesn't have jury trials like the U.S. They usually have a three-judge panel to determine the verdicts. Does anyone know if the convicted individuals are given credit for time served (in preventive detention)?

Apparently his attorney is confident. It's hard to tell but, something tells me the judges are going to side with the country. Given he has said he was going to write a book, that may work against him. Not sure about the time served.

Post subject: cuba dave is a POS
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:24 pm 

how do you now all that stuff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:33 am 
I think CR is going to use cuba dave as an example. Like the above poster stated 3 to 4 years. He is facing 12 years. I do think he will be credited with time served.
Hope they just deport him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:49 pm 

Zman wrote:
I think CR is going to use cuba dave as an example. Like the above poster stated 3 to 4 years. He is facing 12 years. I do think he will be credited with time served.
Hope they just deport him.

I agree with everything you stated.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:40 pm 

When you evaluate this case, the CR government has already made an example of CD, and it really is bordering on diminishing returns to keep a senior citizen in jail for a few more years. If the government wants to further drive this law home, they would need to bust to another violator or two for emphasis. The only purpose to continue to hold CD any longer would be to minimize his stupidity of wanting to write a book--in 3 to 4 years, no one will care. My prediction- politicized trial, fine, banned from the country after 1st of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:14 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I do not know much about the inner workings of Costa Rica judicial branch but I cannot imagine them letting him off without first being convicted and then serving more time. It would send a bad message if they do not find him guilty and punish him more. From our view, being senior citizen and such might lead to a lesser sentence. But, I cannot imagine Costa Rica not wanting the first test in this matter to send a powerful message and not one of a corrupt, vengeful judicial system. Just one person's thoughts.

Anyone here with information on plea bargaining and how it works in Costa Rica?

Have a Great Day,

Dave

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next