www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Referred to the OIG by Mucho Gusto after mysterious fire at his gay night club.
LAdiablo wrote:
spoke w Bill on the phone yesterday and he assured me that he waved at Spanky.
said he even considered a reach around but remembered he already had his credit card.

True on the credit card. I blame you you for my bartab being almost as my room. :shock:

Bill DID NOT Wave! He has a beard too. Can't trust him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:18 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I need to make a correction. I was wrong about the charges, and I want to apologize to Bill, the staff, and to the entire lodge. As the say open mouth and insert foot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 pm 

Cantuva1 wrote:
I need to make a correction. I was wrong about the charges, and I want to apologize to Bill, the staff, and to the entire lodge. As the say open mouth and insert foot.

A lot of action in your first 7 posts... :lol:
How about the Del Rey? :? Correct or incorrect :?:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:51 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I no longer use my CCard at the Del REY. And Yes my CCard put back credits on my card due to someone elses signature on the bill. I would not use a CCard there without checking your statement online before you leave.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 pm 

Cantuva1 wrote:
I no longer use my CCard at the Del REY. And Yes my CCard put back credits on my card due to someone elses signature on the bill. I would not use a CCard there without checking your statement online before you leave.

Exactly why I never used a cc for POS transaction anywhere in San Jose... it's always cash. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:01 pm 

Cantuva,
At least you came forward, many would never reply to a thread once allegations are made, kudos to you :!:
Now, as far as the SL I would mos def keep my eyes peeled, kinda of a seedy place with all the accompanying characters. Like I said someone clipped me for 100 colons at the bar. One day I left my safe open with mucho cash, camera, Ipod, passport and other items, I was gone most of the day I returned and they had the balls not to take anything! Bill the big guy that Spanky is buying out seems okay but I would be careful especially if he is running with a guy called PINKY AKA Manfred. Well as far staying there, where else is there :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards, 911 Driver

The happy hour is a device either for getting rid of social obligations hurriedly en masse or for making overtures toward more serious social relationships, as in the etiquette of whoring.- Brooks Atkinson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 pm 

Cantuva1 wrote:

Thank you Cantuva1,

I look forward to seeing you back at Sportsmens Lodge!

All the Best,

Bill

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:54 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Bill paid him off and now he's retracting his statement. We all know what the score is. That non-waving Bill guy is as shifty as they come. I noticed that I was always getting an avergae of 43 french fries with my meals at the SL and the last time when I counted I was only getting 37! On top of that he's giving my extra fries to my favorite chicas and now none of them can get into their Halloween costumes!

We're onto you Bill, and you double-dealing, french fry skimming ways. I'm going to be down there on Halloween, and you'd better have a damned good explanation for what you've been doing or I'm going to have to buy you a drink again, and I'll mock your costume! again!

Please stop making the girls fat, Bill. Please.

On a more serious note, Sportsmens is the only place in Costa Rica that I trust enough to run a bar tab at. I have always kept track and I have never been the victim of extra charges, although I have once or twice had a bad drink. Over a history of hundreds of drinks that's not a bad thing. Bill and his staff do an outstanding job, and kudos to them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:08 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Shadowman, the only thing in this thread that scares me is your post about french fries. I go to Costa Rica to fall of my diet wagon and not getting my due of french fries upsets me greatly. I want my french fries :)

Sportsmans is a great place to hang, the staff has always been great. I even opened a cash register on the bar for them one evening with a butter knife LOL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I just got back from another fantastic stay at the Sportsmans.

But just wanted everyone to know that I haven't laughed this hard in a long time, except for last week when I was in CR, due to some of the "comments" thrown out there at Bills expense.
As I told Bill and his crew, "Is there any place else to stay when in Costa Rica?"

So what if he does charge CRT members an extra 50% on their food and bar bill. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 am 

Having worked in restaurants and bars for years, believe me, people get their noses bent out of shape for the most petty things. Usually innocent mistakes. And then they get psycho irate with an ax to grind. Was watching football a couple of weeks ago, I think the staff might have been changing or something, and some old dude gets nuts over getting his check before he wanted it I guess. Don't blow petty little bullshit out of proportion. I will tell you this as a person who scans restaurants and bars and watches the goings on out of curiosity. I have seen many the gringo question the check here in CR and I would say the huge majority of the time the patron is wrong. Although they never seem to acknowledge it or apologize afterwards. Yet, the few times it is the server they want them executed. Personally, I respect those seedy type bars that take those types out back to be tuned up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:30 am 

I've been going to the Del Rey for 10 years and never had a problem. I check the bill thoroughly for all charges and guest fees and never was it off. I suspect it was just another tico/tica screw up. Non stop mistakes, miscommunications, misunderstandings and screw ups is a natural part of tico/tica life.

Don't get me wrong, I love Costa Ricans, but screwing up and tap dancing when confronted is in their genes and often we N. Americans think they're trying to pull a fast one and all they're doing is trying to pass the buck or avoid extra work. I used to work in a phone room down here for on line slots and we tried hard to break them of these habits, we had some limited success with some of them, but for the most part, it was a never ending challenge...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:32 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

And the old scam at the Del Rey seems to have reached epic proportions lately in terms of trying to cheat you on each and every single drink. Fortunately I don't go in there that often, don't have to, don't want to, but sometimes it's necessary. Or it is simply a way station to have a drink while waiting, texting or going somewhere else. I don't think I am going to use it this way anymore because those muchachas have taken it to new levels in terms of the ways and the techniques they use trying to cheat you when you are paying cash in colones. They tell you you had two drinks when you had one. They tell you the cost of something verbally, for example she quoted me a price for Red Bull of six dollars and then you have to press them really hard to get the check and it is $4.50 and she had the nerve to slam the paper and the change down on the bar and them stomp off after she was busted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 am 

I don't know, I think most of the bartenders know me on sight, know that I pay every drink as I go & so I've never been ripped off. However, I also never try to hit on them either....if they think you're not interested & thus can't be distracted, they may be less likely to try to scam you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:24 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

[quote="El Ornitorrinco"]I don't know, I think most of the bartenders know me on sight, know that I pay every drink as I go & so I've never been ripped off. However, I also never try to hit on them either....if they think you're not interested & thus can't be distracted, they may be less likely to try to scam you?[/quote]

Hell, I am in there once or twice a week, usually just as a way station. I have never ever tried to hit on them and won't. I am not interested and I am not distracted. My strategy when I do go to hunt is to interview several girls until I find the right one for the experience and then get her the hell out of there and get drinks and fun at my favorite hangout, which is El Cuartel on Monday night. With the right girl, it is a blast each and every time!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next