www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:35 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Can anyone who has recently stayed at LA confirm the change in menu? Is the Corvina, surf and turf, Chop and pasta still offered? Any recent info would be appreciated as I have some friends going next month and want to inform them with current information.
Thanks!
Jac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:21 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

just call the toll free US number listed on their website and ask

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:42 pm 

I had the surf and turf special last Sunday night. It was as great as usual - - - except they told us that they ran out of "lobster" , so they substituted fish with shrimp sauce. It was a very fine meal for $12, all-in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:23 am 

Admin3 posted a .pdf file of the updated Menu on January 1st

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=46655&p=534450&hilit=amistad+menu#p534450

Making a trip ??? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 am 

El Si, No trip planned soon, knee surgery and a blood clot put me on hiatus but I'm healing nicely and hope to get going at some point but I would want my next trip to be to the land of Paisa! Lol Hope all is well amigo.
Cuidate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:37 am 

Jacoret wrote:
El Si, No trip planned soon, knee surgery and a blood clot put me on hiatus but I'm healing nicely and hope to get going at some point but I would want my next trip to be to the land of Paisa! Lol Hope all is well amigo.
Cuidate

I was wondering why we haven't seen you down here, amigo. Looking forward to your return to Paisaland. BTW, the menu at La Amistad alone is worth a trip to San Jose. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:51 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Rac wrote:
I had the surf and turf special last Sunday night. It was as great as usual - - - except they told us that they ran out of "lobster" , so they substituted fish with shrimp sauce. It was a very fine meal for $12, all-in.

In all the times I've ordered it, I've gotten a small lobster just once. Ever other time they didn't have it. So, while they do get it in, it isn't a reliable supply. But, hey, I don't come to CR for the food.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:13 pm 
They run out of lobster alot it seems. Last 2 times i had the surf and turf no lobster. Used to be lots better. Last time no baked potato, just a small boiled one. Meat not very good either my friends was so tough he only had a bite or two.
Its funny that the waitress asks you if you want every item.
Not like it used to be like so many things in CR.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:17 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Zman wrote:
They run out of lobster alot it seems. Last 2 times i had the surf and turf no lobster. Used to be lots better. Last time no baked potato, just a small boiled one. Meat not very good either my friends was so tough he only had a bite or two.
Its funny that the waitress asks you if you want every item.
Not like it used to be like so many things in CR.

Lobster is in season in December and July. Rest of the year it is hard to get so we substitute fish. We always bake the potatoes. Sorry you had a bad experience. PM me and I would like to find out what dates you were there and follow up with you.

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:27 pm 

Mkink wrote:
Lobster is in season in December and July. Rest of the year it is hard to get so we substitute fish.

Having had a few frozen lobsters (never at Amistad) and as a fan of the Surf and Turf, I greatly appreciate Matt not going that route. IMHO if a lobster isn't fresh it isn't worth eating.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:04 am 

"Not like it used to be like so many things in CR."

You know I agree a lot of things change over time but the quality of the restaurant at Amistad is not one of them. Sometimes you can not please everyone but in this case you are definitely in the minority. I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was top notch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:22 pm 

Greengo wrote:
the once "fair" fare at Amistad is now typical ticoshit...illusory fuckabunch of gringos.. shit on a stick....the uninspired swill at sporty not a lot better...take a fukin cab or walk your fatass :lol: to chubbs ...up the street from the rey...not perfect but eons ahead of both these places.. there are lots of joints ..in the little mall one cuts through from the walking street to the rey.. both up and down stairs. ..next to the hamburger factory on the walking street..and all kinds of interesting fare in the central market from breakfast till dinner..youre welcome buckwheat.. :roll:

Crap I nearly spit me coffee out!! Greengo actually has something positive to say about CR. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:03 pm 

Love everything about amistad other than the Train at times. The reason for the post is I saw the 2015 menu on here and it only listed salads and sandwiches so I was wondering if main course dinners had been removed from the menu for all inclusive choices. Perhaps Matt can chime in and let us know
Thanks,
Jac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:36 pm 

Greengo wrote:
.. there are lots of joints ..in the little mall one cuts through from the walking street to the rey.. both up and down stairs.

There used to be a store on the second floor there that specialized in various sexual 'accessories'/novelties :) Anyone know if it's still there?

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:25 pm 

Jacoret wrote:
Love everything about amistad other than the Train at times. The reason for the post is I saw the 2015 menu on here and it only listed salads and sandwiches so I was wondering if main course dinners had been removed from the menu for all inclusive choices. Perhaps Matt can chime in and let us know
Thanks,
Jac
Admin3's post announcing the 2015 all inclusive package (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=46655) has a link to a pdf file menu. It has soups, salads, and sandwiches on page 1, appetizers and pasta on page 2, meat, chicken, and seafood on page 3, desserts and breakfast on page 4.