www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:39 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I have 3 buddies heading down to Cocal this Saturday... I thought I would fly in and be sitting at Cocal bar when they got there and blow there minds.

Best airfare gets me in at 12.47am Fri or Sat.

Never got in this late before...don't know what to do. Should I just get a hotel by airport and crash. Seems like a lot of work to get to gulch and grab a Chica at 2am ish...

Open for ideas on where to stay and to monger or not.......I suppose I could spend extra $120 airfare and just get in to town before 9pm...

Other option is to spend night in Houston for less than $100 and get in at noon, which actually works out better, and drive to Jaco.

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:54 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Take the first taxi you see when you exit the terminal to your hotel, check-in, and go to bed. You will wake up refreshed and ready to go. If you go hunting at 2am, you will bring home somebody's leftovers, have a regrettable session, and then you'll be dragging ass the rest of the week.

I got in at 1am about two weeks ago, and I am glad that I went right to bed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:35 am 

Thanks orange. That is what I will do...I'm too old to do anything else I think....I just needed to hear it from you boys!
:lol:

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:06 am 

What Orange said. I tried hitting the ground running on a similar timeline and it was a let down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:22 am 

some nice cheap options close to the airport fwiw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 pm 

PVT does not making that drive. He lives in that direction and there will be no traffic at that time.
Just saying.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:48 am 

Rover wrote:
PVT does not making that drive.

Rover is correct, I love to drive late at night. However, with a 1am arrival you won't make it to Jaco until at least 3am which is probably too late to catch much of anything and considering most hotels are more expensive in Jaco than what you can find close to the airport, it's cheaper to stay in San Jose. I do make the Jaco run for the same price ($100) from the hotels around the airport so no extra expense there.

My basic recommendation is if you come in on the AA flight (2442) that gets here at ~9pm, you should go straight to Jaco (arrive around 11pm). Anything later, I'd say stay in San Jose unless you have an early morning appointment in Jaco like to go fishing at 7am or something.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:02 pm 

Sorry guys, I left out the word "mind"
It should have read "PVT does not mind"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:09 pm 

I love the great feedback from you guys - what a great resource!

Based on your sage feedback, I've decided it's best for me to spend the extra $150 for an earlier flight and avoid all the stress surrounding a late night, early morning arrival for this old body.

8) 8) 8) 8)

Thanks again Gentlemen.

Last edited by Californiamann on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:46 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

If your staying in a hotel in Jaco they will usually be able to set you up with transport anytime you arrive for $100. Always worked for me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:10 pm 

Californiamann wrote:
Thanks guys. I appreciate your input.
I'm just not coming in that late. Too old. I'll spend extra $150 for earlier flight. Cheers.

so all of this was for nothing? wtf man do you think we have nothing better to do with our time? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:25 pm 

Not at all, now all the newbies will know what to do if they arrive at 1:30 A.M. :D :D :D

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:42 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Stay in San Jose. Hit Alcazer for late night action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:58 am 

"Funny as a crutch, Rich! "

Great feedback boys....my big heart says, "hit the ground running and get some sweet tang!"

But alas, a bit of reality hurts sometimes and being twice the man I used to be...I need my Beauty rest more than most. I was definitely over ambitious and realized, after seeking the forums advice from my fellow enthusiasts, that for ME - spend the extra $2 and make the trip easier arriving at a normal time.

LaDiablo: Can you take a moment and tell me in detail, what's the best hotel in San Jose for me and my friends to bring chicas back versus cheaper options near the airport.

:lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding buddy, por su Puesto. :P

Last edited by Californiamann on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:20 am 

Shanamat: great idea on transport to Jaco and $100 is a smoking deal.

I do not advocate driving for the faint of heart in Costa Rica. But I always rent a car as we stay in a house or condo near Jaco and we've logged enough trips that I/we can navigate to Jaco sin GPS day or night. 8)

Plus, if you boys have never shared the back seat of a car from Manual Antonio to Jaco with 2-3 Chicas/hookers after a hard day of drinking......your Bucket List needs to be reviewed & upfraded! : :mrgreen:

We always toss the first timer in the back and it usually ends up being one of his favorite stories of the trip! :shock: :P