www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:29 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Well this is really irritating. The SL seems be changing. Didn't realize the 2nd bar inthe Mansion Wing is completely closed down. That area is deader than a door nail now. What a dissapointment.

In the bar now. It's a Friday night and activity level seems less than what I remember it being last time I was here about 3 years ago.

Worst part is there's a DJ playing loud Latin hip hop or I don't know what it's called but that music is absolutely awful and giving me a headache. It's the type of music that has zero rhythm and just keeps playing the same beat over and over and over again. Think I need a Valium.

Dissapointed so far. But the waitresses are very sweet and nice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:04 am 

BondTrader wrote:
Well this is really irritating. The SL seems be changing. Didn't realize the 2nd bar inthe Mansion Wing is completely closed down. That area is deader than a door nail now. What a dissapointment.

In the bar now. It's a Friday night and activity level seems less than what I remember it being last time I was here about 3 years ago.

Worst part is there's a DJ playing loud Latin hip hop or I don't know what it's called but that music is absolutely awful and giving me a headache. It's the type of music that has zero rhythm and just keeps playing the same beat over and over and over again. Think I need a Valium.

Dissapointed so far. But the waitresses are very sweet and nice.

It's a Friday night thing. Last Friday they started playing dance music around 8 PM. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Patrick Hernandez, The Trammps, and other old school disco hits. The DJ started out with remixes of 70's and 80's disco hits set to modern beats, then segued into Latin house.

Very cool IMO and surely enjoyed by the ticos who hang there, but of course totally wrong for us old gringo farts with no rhythm :D

And yes, the SL seemed pretty dead both Friday and Saturday nights.

mh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:24 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

DISCO SUCKS!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:33 am 

Although not at SL, that's happened to me, too. Pretend you enjoy the music, and keep flirting with the waitresses... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:51 am 

Well...I did meet a lovely flaca on Thursday named Karina who showed up again last night and took my mind off that noisy, boom..boom..thump..thump..headache inducing music. Perhaps I just caught a bad night.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:10 am 

BondTrader wrote:
Well...I did meet a lovely flaca on Thursday named Karina who showed up again last night and took my mind off that noisy, boom..boom..thump..thump..headache inducing music. Perhaps I just caught a bad night.

Bond Trader,

the DJ music is supposed to be a mix of Latin and American 70s & 80`s. Plus he has a volume limit. If there was not a mix please let me know. I can tell you did think the volume was too high. Only Friday nights are DJ nights. Tonight no.

thanks,
Bill

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:27 am 

No venue can be ALL things to ALL people. Bill does A LOT of things right for us.

But, except for a special event like the drummers, IMHO it seems to me that any VOLUME LIMIT for the entertainment should allow friendly conversations to be heard without the need to shout. After all, without friendly conversations, how would we get what we came for.......... camaraderie and pu*sy.

Sometimes LESS is MORE.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:39 pm 

Rac wrote:
No venue can be ALL things to ALL people. Bill does A LOT of things right for us.

But, except for a special event like the drummers, IMHO it seems to me that any VOLUME LIMIT for the entertainment should allow friendly conversations to be heard without the need to shout. After all, without friendly conversations, how would we get what we came for.......... camaraderie and pu*sy.

Sometimes LESS is MORE.

Agreed my friend. I feel the same. I do not want to shout out my conversation or as Bond Trader wrote get a pounding headache either. we will make the adjustments necessary I promise!

thanks,
Bill

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:00 pm 

Jay2ee wrote:
DISCO SUCKS!!!

Only to those who can't dance... :D BUSTED!!! 8) :lol:

mh

P.S. In the interest of full disclosure, I'll amend my earlier comment about the SL being dead both nights: perhaps I was there during a quiet stretch both nights. Both nights I had dates so I left relatively early, so it's very possible things got going afterwards and I just wasn't there to witness it.

mh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:00 pm 

True Sportsman wrote:
BondTrader wrote:

Bond Trader,

the DJ music is supposed to be a mix of Latin and American 70s & 80`s. Plus he has a volume limit. If there was not a mix please let me know. I can tell you did think the volume was too high. Only Friday nights are DJ nights. Tonight no.

thanks,
Bill

Personally, I think the music was awesome and the volume was just fine. :)

mh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:59 pm 

I just can't relax without the hats
It would be great if Bill would have sports hat night once a week at least
And if the blue lights could be green i think that would sooth my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:55 pm 

LAdiablo wrote:
I just can't relax without the hats
It would be great if Bill would have sports hat night once a week at least
And if the blue lights could be green i think that would sooth my soul

LMAO!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:35 pm 

Gone to the dogs, since they removed the baseball caps....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:47 pm 

The comment about that Mansion bar being shut down .....In 10 years of going to san jose and countless stays at the sportsmen I have seen 1 group actually using that bar ( with bartender )

It could be the most under used room in the history of hotels....come on Bill its got to be killing you , there must be something that it can be used for besides a hallway.

Want to have a contest ....put a prize out there for the best ideal for the area ..... ( steel cage for Old lucky dog vs Pvt is not acceptable :shock: )

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:00 am 

Chilimike wrote:
The comment about that Mansion bar being shut down .....In 10 years of going to san jose and countless stays at the sportsmen I have seen 1 group actually using that bar ( with bartender )

It could be the most under used room in the history of hotels....come on Bill its got to be killing you , there must be something that it can be used for besides a hallway.

Want to have a contest ....put a prize out there for the best ideal for the area ..... ( steel cage for Old lucky dog vs Pvt is not acceptable :shock: )

HMMMMM interestring idea. It is used for special events and large groups only at this point by appointment only.

Bill