www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:16 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Not gonna stay there if construction going on,any update...jackhammers,dust,noise..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:03 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

If history is any indicator I stayed at Amistad when Matt first took over and during much of the renovation. Matt insured the work did not start very early and they knocked off for the day in late afternoon or very early evening. The place was always clean after the workmen left and there was very little disruption.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:50 pm 

My October reservation just got dropped. Amistad is honoring it, but I *LOVE* that room at Castillo.

not happy now ... a tad bit triste.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:11 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Which room were you in at Castillo bash?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:46 pm 

SpeakNo wrote:
Which room were you in at Castillo bash?

8. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:05 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Lol, no need to be sad. I like 8. Excited with what Matt will do with the space I'm that room

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:50 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

BashfulDwarf wrote:
My October reservation just got dropped. Amistad is honoring it, but I *LOVE* that room at Castillo.

Bashful

You did not get dropped, You got upgraded to a room with a two person Jacuzzi and dry sauna for the price you were paying at the Castillo. It includes breakfast, free long distance and laundry. We will be closing the Castillo from the 26th of September until the 15th of October to renovate the bathrooms, tile and wood work in the Main building and 10 units behind. We will hopefully have all the new furniture by Halloween. Closing will allow us to finish the work quickly and without disturbing anyone. We do not anticipate the work on the restaurant and bar to start until Mid November. All reservations at the Castillo will be honored at the current rate. If you have any questions please feel free to call myself, Don or Darren.

Regards
Matt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:22 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Matt sell him room 8 !! 99 year lease .. Make him pay taxes too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:26 am 

Mkink wrote:
BashfulDwarf wrote:

Bashful

You did not get dropped, You got upgraded to a room with a two person Jacuzzi and dry sauna for the price you were paying at the Castillo. It includes breakfast, free long distance and laundry. We will be closing the Castillo from the 26th of September until the 15th of October to renovate the bathrooms, tile and wood work in the Main building and 10 units behind. We will hopefully have all the new furniture by Halloween. Closing will allow us to finish the work quickly and without disturbing anyone. We do not anticipate the work on the restaurant and bar to start until Mid November. All reservations at the Castillo will be honored at the current rate. If you have any questions please feel free to call myself, Don or Darren.

Regards
Matt

I did say Amistad was honoring the reservation ... I didn't say I was mis-treated, just sad. :mrgreen:

I know many people are into upgrades, and they can't possibly understand why I am not all excited by being upgraded to Amistad's suite. But Room 8 is special to me at Castillo, and I would take that over a penthouse suite any day. Perhaps it makes no sense, but it is pointless trying to understand the Dwarf mind.

I await a review of the entire renovation at Castillo with a (somewhat) feeling of trepidation. It was a beautiful piece of old San Jose ... a little rickety, a little weather-worn, but nice, quiet, and very 'home-like'. It was also inexpensive compared to the other options in the immediate area.

So Matt, please remember that many Castillo customers loved the place as it was. Try not to renovate-out the charm of the place. I know that business is business, and frankly, it's your business now. Your old customers are watching and waiting. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:03 am 

Matt will do it right.

Just look at Hotel La Amistad as an example........... or look at his bus. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:05 pm 

Rac wrote:
Matt will do it right.

Just look at Hotel La Amistad as an example........... or look at his bus. :lol:

Rac, I hear ya. But I'd take Castillo over Amistad any day. Amistad is beautiful, and modern, and so many things that Castillo wasn't. But Castillo was quaint, and didn't have the antiseptic feel of a general-audience hotel. It felt more like a home.... like I was staying with friends.

But that is just the impressions of a Dwarf. Once the dust settles on the renovations, we will take a look at the new and improved Castillo, and go from there.