www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:05 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Pacsafe Portable Safes.

P.S. HDR is a cesspit. :)

mh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 am 

Miamiheller wrote:
Pacsafe Portable Safes.

mh

You in Miami ? Get your backside up to Ft. laud this Sat for the S Fla meet... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45886

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 am 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Scuba1 wrote:
Netgems wrote:
Been coming to HDR for 10 years and never had a problem with their in room safes, I also bring a tsa lock for my bag for lessor value items, I heard other good hotels have never had safe problems like SL.

I don't bring a fortune and often use an atm a couple days into my stay, the overseas transaction costs are not much, I use the one at HDR lobby and never a problem there either. :|

While I don't personally agree with your choice of hotels :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I mean please - it has such a YUCK factor, especially for an experienced guy like you <on this I'm 100% serious> - between the "Wan drin' for me baby" stupid cunts, to the dumb newbi's, to the chicks starting with the $100 nonsense, to the hardest of hardcore who make it their headquarters, to the rooms which have not been redecorated since Jimmy Carter was in the White House.........Do I need to go on?). The place is just so fenster, to quote the late Neil Rogers.

While I am busting your balls a little, b/c guys with your experience tend not to stay at the HDR, I do agree with your other points.

Scuba ... as you said, he's got the experience to "know better". And as he "prefers" to stay there, then maybe he is drawn to the exact same things that he "knows better" about. TEHO. Netgems knows exactly what he is doing. No pity, no critique.

Gosh BD, I think you were defending me but what you said sounds eerily like what the prosecuting attorney said about me years ago in his closing argument.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 am 

Netgems wrote:
Gosh BD, I think you were defending me but what you said sounds eerily like what the prosecuting attorney said about me years ago in his closing argument.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

aww NG ... you "know better" than to say things like that! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:04 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Miamiheller wrote:
Pacsafe Portable Safes.

mh

Thank You, guess this this once locked can't be broken into? Better than that other thing but I'm pretty sure my 14" bolt cutter will cut that cable and something that size could easily be carried by the thief. Thinking all one can really do is try to slow them down enough to go somewhere else. I usually break thing up several "pieces" w/some in safe some in other very well though out difficult to access places that I took hours to come up with. Hopefully the rule of thumb that if I know where it is and it takes me 3 min to get, it will take the thief who doesn't know at least 4 times that. Always open to suggestion..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:27 am 

Zunbake3 wrote:
Flabuck:

I think the Bridge Tender has posted on CRT!! YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutly correct, sir!

(I loved the Bridge Tender call - it was great - I think its on Youtube - the end line is priceless "All I can say is you must be one big stupid idiotic JERK!")

Neil hated the "Cronic Regulars" as he called them; a group of 5-7 who were always calling talk radio shows - some were old fucks from NY (along with the awful NY accents; others had ajendas that they constantly espoused < being against bilingualism was popular>..........)

Well, one Friday night, Neil decided that he was going to call them - the show was titled "Don't call us, we'll call you" and it was one of the best shows I ever heard.

I think its fair to say we are poorer without local talk radio - I understand the economics of it - I just remember the days - and we are not talking acient history; things tended to end in the 90's - when you had 2 or 3 stations filled with local personalities, discussing the news of the day, often from a local perspective.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:37 pm 

Scuba 1:

If you recall back in the day before Neil went "shock jock" he was one of the greatest political talk show rabble rousers of all time! Now we are stuck with Mr. Ego (Steve Kane), his cohort Brian Craig and oy Joyce Kaufman!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:51 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Scuba1 wrote:
Zunbake3 wrote:
Flabuck:

I think the Bridge Tender has posted on CRT!! YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutly correct, sir!

(I loved the Bridge Tender call - it was great - I think its on Youtube - the end line is priceless "All I can say is you must be one big stupid idiotic JERK!")

Neil hated the "Cronic Regulars" as he called them; a group of 5-7 who were always calling talk radio shows - some were old fucks from NY (along with the awful NY accents; others had ajendas that they constantly espoused < being against bilingualism was popular>..........)

Well, one Friday night, Neil decided that he was going to call them - the show was titled "Don't call us, we'll call you" and it was one of the best shows I ever heard.

I think its fair to say we are poorer without local talk radio - I understand the economics of it - I just remember the days - and we are not talking acient history; things tended to end in the 90's - when you had 2 or 3 stations filled with local personalities, discussing the news of the day, often from a local perspective.

Neil and "the Bird" were excellent. Great humor. Poor people of Hallandale suffered a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:11 pm 

And lets not forget Captain Dave Caprita rounding out the 3 when they did their FM Show in the 80's.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:13 pm 

I think as a deserving tribute to Neil's memory, we should steal the Sweet and Low wherever we eat, YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:55 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y1ov3EXn7g
bridge tender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PAphAPSO0M
at 1hr 20 min into show, my favorite bit, Condi Rice that the FCC made him take off the air

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:21 pm 

WiseAsh wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y1ov3EXn7g
bridge tender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PAphAPSO0M
at 1hr 20 min into show, my favorite bit, Condi Rice that the FCC made him take off the air

Thanks for posting this - would that all my posts have gotten this much reaction!

Zun - I live in Dade - I am not able to pick up "Mr Ego" - but always thought he was a phony - do agree w/ your other comments!

Nice to see the S FL contingent posting! I love(ed) talk radio and miss the great local shows we had not all that long ago :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:53 pm 

Thanks Wise Ash for posting that! I needed a shot of the Bridge Tender in this crazy world to bring back some sanity! And remember the BT did not have bridges in his mouth so cruelly accused by Neil! YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:50 pm 

Mr Adventure wrote:
Miamiheller wrote:
Pacsafe Portable Safes.

mh

Thank You, guess this this once locked can't be broken into? Better than that other thing but I'm pretty sure my 14" bolt cutter will cut that cable and something that size could easily be carried by the thief. Thinking all one can really do is try to slow them down enough to go somewhere else. I usually break thing up several "pieces" w/some in safe some in other very well though out difficult to access places that I took hours to come up with. Hopefully the rule of thumb that if I know where it is and it takes me 3 min to get, it will take the thief who doesn't know at least 4 times that. Always open to suggestion..

Of course this won't stop a determined thief with time and the tools to cut the cable.

Just like a hotel safe won't stop a determined hotel employee from opening up the hotel safe using one of the many methods on Youtube.

The point is having a visible deterrent for the casual thief. A hotel maid or employee isn't going to cut that cable, because they will realize you will raise holy hell when you return to the room.

A hotel safe theft is much easier to write off as "The gringo pendejo was drunk and gave all his money to a puta, and now he's claiming someone opened his safe and took his cash."

mh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:10 am 

Flabuck wrote:
I remember the days when WIOD 610am in Miami ran the Neil Rogers and Phil Hendrie Shows back to back in afternoon. That was some entertaining radio, especially when compared to what is on now.

Back in the Neil days I had an outside sales job and was driving from client to client listening to him, an uncle of mine was also a fan, and he told me he too called in to discuss diff topics. One day I'm driving along listening to him and I think I recognize a callers voice, I listen a little more and realize it's my uncle!!! :shock: :shock:

My uncle was a cantankerous opinionated old new Yorker and Neil was skewering him and he was getting more and more irritated and flustered and loud, finally Neil uttered some insult and hung up on him as my uncle was shouting at him and in mid sentence..I almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock:

After the talk I called my uncle and told him I heard him, he still was agitated as hell, it was hilarious. :lol:

One of my favorite parts of the show was the perverted songs Neil would play, I wish I could remember some, one of my favorites was about a "perverted clown" who was "chased from town to town", anyone remember that one ? Neil pushed the envelope often and somehow got away with it.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next