www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:12 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Thank you Greengo for another fact filled and inciteful objective point of view of the situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:32 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I've lived outside of my home country for many years, but I would never give up citizenship, and in fact I find it much better to fly under the radar and not even become a resident (let alone a citizen) in the countries I visit, even ones where I have stayed for 5 years or more.

The benefits to residency are miniscule (imo) compared to the costs.

And if I was American (I'm not) there's no way in hell I would ever give up US citizenship, unless it was to obtain one from an equally developed country like Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Britain, etc.

People all over the world risk their lives to try and get American citizenship, and for good reason. To give it up voluntarily is insane.

Now I'm glad I'm not American since the IRS is a bitch, but you can do all kinds of legal things to protect your assets and lower your tax bill without giving up citizenship.

Any finance guy should have the contacts and the ability to look into how to set yourself up legally and still reduce your US taxes dramatically.

And then of course there are all kinds of way to do it that are in the grey area that a whole hell of a lot of very wealthy americans operate in, as the recent swiss banking cases demonstrate.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Jackietrehorn wrote:
Thank you Greengo for another fact filled and inciteful objective point of view of the situation.

Abso-freaking-lutely, Bro JackieT. My only thought on renouncing US citizenship is, what if if your personal circumstances change and you want US citizenship back? I'd think that's damn near impossible and horrifically expensive. This is not a step to be taken lightly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:19 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

"think playing mrsa roulette and watching your dick rot off at the caja is merely an erotic interlude"

Homina Homina Homina! And lets not forget c dificile!