www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: visa for chica
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Just a question so don't jump on me does anyone know if you merry one these girls what it costs for her visa and if she has K*ds what are all the costs?

Post subject: Re: visa for chica
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:08 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Ask board member Orange he has the answers on this one

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:19 pm 

ORANGE help me out here please

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:14 pm 

Roadtoad wrote:
Just a question so don't jump on me does anyone know if you merry one these girls what it costs for her visa and if she has K*ds what are all the costs?

What kind of visa? Tourist or fiancée visa?

This website may help: http://www.visajourney.com/
However, remember to confirm whatever information you glean from that site with USCIS.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:01 pm 

I think fiancé visa would be best option

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:30 pm 

Roadtoad wrote:

The non-immigrant fiancée visa (or K-1) visa enables her to come to the US for 90 days. You need to marry her within those 90 days in order to remain "in status." If not, she will need to leave the US. The US embassy in CR states that the filing fee is $240, the USCIS says $340. :? That is just the tip of the iceberg, though. You will need to factor in the embassy-mandated medical exams, lab tests, document and notary fees... not to mention mailing and courier services and travel. Conservatively speaking, the K-1 visa will probably run you around $1000 in total.

If you are already married, you can file a CR-1 petition for spouse. This is an immigrant visa and filed on a form I-130. It must be express mailed to a lockbox in Chicago... the embassy will not accept the application. The fee for this form is $420. You can add on the cost of "incidentals" as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:22 pm 
BlueDevil wrote:
Roadtoad wrote:

The non-immigrant fiancée visa (or K-1) visa enables her to come to the US for 90 days. You need to marry her within those 90 days in order to remain "in status." If not, she will need to leave the US. The US embassy in CR states that the filing fee is $240, the USCIS says $340. :? That is just the tip of the iceberg, though. You will need to factor in the embassy-mandated medical exams, lab tests, document and notary fees... not to mention mailing and courier services and travel. Conservatively speaking, the K-1 visa will probably run you around $1000 in total.

If you are already married, you can file a CR-1 petition for spouse. This is an immigrant visa and filed on a form I-130. It must be express mailed to a lockbox in Chicago... the embassy will not accept the application. The fee for this form is $420. You can add on the cost of "incidentals" as well.

My friends who did it from another country said the K-1 is faster, but that she will have to return to her country ost-marriage to complete the paperwork.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:29 pm 

Quote:
My friends who did it from another country said the K-1 is faster, but that she will have to return to her country ost-marriage to complete the paperwork.

I don't know about returning to her home country...but there is a lot more paperwork (and cost) ahead for residency. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:33 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Fiancee Visa is the best option for a person going down this road.

Cost is cheap compared to the cost for the rest of his life.

Person should be prepared to find the father (father's) of the Ch*ldren and get permission from them before they (Ch*ldren) are allowed to leave Costa Rica.

If that person is asking this kind of question I suggest you tell them to take a deep breath and consider what they are doing. They are taking on a HUGE responsibility here and it should not be taking lightly.

I'm not lecturing as I don't judge. It's just that I have seen these situations go bad so many times I have lost count.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:04 pm 

You are better off moving to Costa Rica and living there with her K*ds but don't get married. If you want to travel with her just hit the countries that are Costa Rican friendly. And remember Pandoras box can never be closed once you open it.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:20 pm 
I think their situation included Ch*ldren, so she got here on a K1 and got married but had to go back to finish for her K*ds. Confusing.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 pm 

Gersen wrote:
I think their situation included Ch*ldren, so she got here on a K1 and got married but had to go back to finish for her K*ds. Confusing.

If she went back for the K*ds, she would have at least submitted her residency paperwork. She would have also received her Advance Parole document that enables her to travel while her green card is pending. K-2 visa applications would be required for the dependent Ch*ldren (if they were to live in America).

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:16 pm 
Maybe a seperate category for immigration issues would be a good idea for CRT. Alot of guys interested I think.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:26 pm 

Gersen wrote:
Maybe a seperate category for immigration issues would be a good idea for CRT. Alot of guys interested I think.

I thought everyone was a monger here... who didn't get attached to the chicas... :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:54 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

We all come down here thinking that we would never get attached to a girl. Then there is always that one.