www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:29 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

(Globalpost/GlobalPost)
Advertisement

Bogota, Dec 10 (EFE).- A record half a million Colombians this year have requested a U.S. visa and 85 percent of those requests have been approved, the U.S. consulate in Bogota reported after the milestone was reached.

Some 94 percent of the visas granted this year were for tourism and business, along with some 7,000 student visas, the U.S. diplomatic mission said.

"This phenomenon is not coincidence. The good period through which the country is passing from the economic and social point of view has made Colombian citizens some of the main visitors from the region to the United States," said U.S. Consul General in Colombia Roberto Powers.

The diplomat emphasized that the entry into force last year of the Free Trade Treaty between Bogota and Washington had made the process of requesting visas more dynamic.

Currently, the U.S. consular section of the embassy receives about 2,500 visa requests each day, a figure that represents a 37 percent increase over 2012.

The consular section calculates that the demand for visas will continue growing such that in 2014 Washington plans to increase the number of its vice consuls in Colombia.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:04 pm 
Ah hell, I don't have shit else to do. It's raining and I'm taking a break. Just thought I'd post my experience in this department.

The chika that contacted me, after a year and a half of not speaking, started to push in the relationship direction quickly. I had to let her know. Yes, this is the one I was catching "feelings" for. Best decision I made. No longer do I think about her. I'M FREE!!!!!!!

I told her over the phone red flags were going off in my mind. I don't speak to you for x number of years and months. Now, you want to move toward a relationship? That's when I cut her off. The very next day she had a "boyfriend" who looked like me (facial features), but tan skinned. I'm a whitey. I guess that's the closest she'll get to her American dream.

I'm telling you. If you think you're the only one, you better think again. Just look at the Del Ray. Bitches don't even move. It's easy for a woman to get a man. They don't get lucky. They just spread their legs and someone's there. There's too many with the captain save-a-hoe mentality. I'd be willing to bet money the bitches working in the Hotel's at one time were prostitutes; saved by a foreigner. It's not worth it. Let them bitches go. Matter of fact, I bet most of them bitches can survive on their own. Probably better than you can. At least they have a commodity. What do you have? LOL

As to the dramatic increase in the Number of visa's.....It's called the Diversity Visa Lottery. It's roots are embedded in globalization. The exchange of goods and services to include people. A lot of people don't like it. Especially where I'm from. A deeply rooted conservative environment just living the dream until they wake up; then, realize it was a nightmare. Personally, I have nothing against people trying to better their environment. Matter of fact, as Europeans/Americans we're fortunate to have the opportunities to travel.

Our government looks out for our nation's best interest. WE can travel to anywhere in the world. Most people respect us or at least are happy to see is. It may be the power of the declining dollar that slips their mind, but the United States does an EXCELLENT job developing liaison between foreign countries. Perhaps this is where we get our sense of entitlement from, but I don't have one problem with foreigners coming here. It helps both countries. They come here and take our jobs and save money in labor. We go to their country earning American wages via bilateral agreements. The perfect exchange; plus an added benefits. Their lifestyle increases and so does ours. Plus, look on the bright side. Most females (in other countries) "LOVE" American males. I'm in favor of globalization. It's a wasted life to sit in one spot your WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE. You didn't accomplish anything.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:35 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I was taken advantage like this 2 times in my life. They were both valuable lessons and pain is part of life. It makes you stronger, wiser and makes the good decisions you make that much sweeter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Like they say in Hollywood. If you want a friend get a dog.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:16 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
Quote:
IMHO you have two extremes that many of the Colombian girls encounter; the nicey-nicey Gringo who goes way overboard in being nice, generous and helpful (sometimes as a result of his own insecurity) at one and and then the macho-prick Colombiano/Latino who treats them like dog dirt on the other end of the spectrum. There is of course a whole bunch of in-between.

I feel the most effective practice if you are looking for something long-term with a Colombiana is to take parts of both sides of the equation and put them together. Have the nice and easygoing qualities of many Gringo's, but don't do it out of weakness, neediness or insecurity. Also, while you are being nice and easygoing etc., be dominant in a polite way. Take charge, make the rules and enforce them. If she doesn't like it too bad. That said, be very fair in how you make and enforce the rules, kind of a benevolent Dictator. Be sharp and let her know in no uncertain terms that while she may be sharp- you are sharper. The power roles need to be clearly defined, and if you don't define them, she will. If she defines them it will almost always not be to your benefit as she will have already lost respect for you for not being man enough to take charge and define those rules in the first place. Once they lose respect for you as a man, they will often act out and become more and more unruly as they are being both spiteful because your lack of manliness is unpleasant for them and also to try to goad you into acting more masculine.

I think it's also very important to pre-qualify any girls you are going to get into a long-term emotional relationship. Be very wary of their socio/economic standing. If possible get a a girl with some or a lot of her own money and/or family money. Try to find someone educated or with a career. If you go on the lower socio/economic spectrum, because of the closeness of family etc., you will likely wind up being the go to person for every family emergency that involves money- whether they are real emergencies or not- and also for quite a bit of the extended family and pets. If you do wind up with a lower socio/economic girl, its best to let them know very early and very clearly that your funds are limited, that you have a bunch of obligations etc an can't be a human wallet- also that you are well aware of many foolish Gringos who get taken advantage of and that that type of behavior makes you sick.

Truly excellent post CasaV. Colombianas, especially the hot ones are sharks. If you have one small drop of blood, the sharks will come and eat you alive. Just the way it is in Colombia.

I have told the story of a guy who dated the tia of a good chica friend. He brought a girl from Bogota to SoFla. He was a wealthy construction company/land developer. Brought the "ex' puta to the states. Married her. Soon came her "tio." Long story short, this was her novio. She tried to divorce and marry the novio. Story was uncovered in time to have her deported for fraudulent marriage. Still cost his old ass a TON of money and heart break. I am currently in favor of keeping visa requirements for Colombian nationals strict and virtually unattainable. Can anyone make a case to the contrary?

dapanz1