www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:17 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Hola PR,

Not to interrupt this great thread but lack contact access. Needed to share with you that you were right. I should have listened to your sage, experienced based, insightful advice. Happy St. Pattys day amigo! NEXT.

TripleFFF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:00 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

HGH1 wrote:
Hola PR,

Not to interrupt this great thread but lack contact access. Needed to share with you that you were right. I should have listened to your sage, experienced based, insightful advice. Happy St. Pattys day amigo! NEXT.

TripleFFF

Usually you guys patch it up in the first 72 hours... LOL. Im sure that has happened again! :o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:58 pm 

Just to keep from hijacking this thread, I wish to thank SR. Jazz for his input and friendship over the years.

He is like that S2 intelligence analyst with info to support boots on the ground and ops planning. Perhaps with limited field experience but none the less valuable intel for ops planning and mission consideration.

Dateline: Hotel Calle Real, El Centro, Rep de Colombia: To PR - Sit Rep Update is a negative on the patch job. Lesson learned, thanks for your critically constructive advice early on, I should have listened. Ride All the "New" Rides.

TripleFFF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 pm 

Buzzfla wrote:
Does JAZZ ever quit. He just can't help commenting on everything.

'nuff said......

8736 posts and counting

no he never quits... actually a lie... he quit for a year... i guess he was paid to come back :shock: :lol:

That was a JOKE Jazzie...

OR WAS IT ? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:00 pm 

Phoenix Rising wrote:
But this post is different than his usual "chime in because I can" offering....THIS post gets the PR seal of approval.. 8) . Vignettes of personal experience in the mongering arena are what the masses yearn for on a monger board. Has brother JazzboCR figured it out? :)

I beg to differ. That's one of many topics of interest appropriate to share on a monger board. Especially considering the usual drivel offered in CRT trip reports: "arrived... looked... pointed... diddled... paid less than anyone else... wash.... rinse... repeat..."

Or are you saying mongers are one-dimensional idiots who sole interest in life is P4P, and are so laser-focused on their hobby that posts lacking sexual content drive them up the wall? :mrgreen:

mh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:24 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Having met Bro Miamiheller, he's both smart and multi-dimensional--qualities he shows clearly in the above post. The Wacka-Wacka Corps just doesn't get it...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:08 am 

Anybody have any information on the ATM Reverse Code? Allegedly, If you enter your PIN number in reverse in an ATM the machine will dispense your cash withdraw and send a message to the police for emergency rapid response. For example if your code is 1234 and you enter 4321 it triggers the alert that you are withdrawing under duress.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:30 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

HGH1 wrote:
Anybody have any information on the ATM Reverse Code? Allegedly, If you enter your PIN number in reverse in an ATM the machine will dispense your cash withdraw and send a message to the police for emergency rapid response. For example if your code is 1234 and you enter 4321 it triggers the alert that you are withdrawing under duress.

What if your code is 8118?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:01 am 

ATM reverse code = FALSE..........for many reasons.

It's just an urban legend.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:33 am 

Rac wrote:
ATM reverse code = FALSE..........for many reasons.

It's just an urban legend.

Bro Rac is dead-on correct. Anytime I hear about anything that has the smell of an "urban legend", the first place I check is Snopes. And thus it is here.: http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:09 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucz9eV7Eh0s

My bro Jazz is "wicked smart" :P :lol: 8) :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:21 pm 

Devo wrote:
HGH1 wrote:

What if your code is 8118?

you simply type it backwards. 8118 becomes 8118. It's a great way to meet cops ... if that's your thing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:43 pm 

HGH1 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucz9eV7Eh0s

My bro Jazz is "wicked smart" :P :lol: 8) :D

These days, I'll take compliments anyway they're given. My outlook--it's not the intent, it's the reception...and this Sunny doesn't get blue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:10 pm 

The intent was to compliment you amigo Jazz. I hope you received it as it was intended.

Gracias for the Snoops info. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:34 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

[quote="HGH1"]
[/quote]

Totally and completely False. An urban legend. There were actually some discussions a couple of years ago about ways for a customer to signal that he was in distress, similar to this idea. But those ideas were never implemented. The "reverse" idea doesn't even make sense. Even considering that "8118" is the same forwards or backwards, even an innocent code like "4214" could easily be input incorrectly with the 2 and 1 transposed accidentally. False alarms would occur too often to make it a viable system. It was recently confirmed that no known bank has ever implemented such a system.

However, there are a couple of things that you can do, if you want to take the risk. One of the best is to get the thief to input the amount himself, or allow him to watch you to prove that you are complying by moving off to the side as you press the buttons. The goal here is to get the thief in front of the camera, which can easily see him as long as you're not hovering over the keypad, he's near the front of the machine, and he's not wearing a mask.

Also, since most ATM's in the world still run on some version of Windows (NT or XP, in most cases), there are some keypad inputs that you can make that will restart the machine. These inputs vary greatly from place to place, but, for example, if you know the codes that BCR uses, you could reset any BCR ATM and show the guy that the machine just "crashed." I'm not advocating this type of activity, I'm just throwing that info out there. Usually, it's best to just take out a couple of hundred bucks and let the guy have it. Your best defense is to ramp down your daily limit on ATM withdrawals.

Depending on the circumstances, there are quite a few other tactics that will get you out of a robbery, or more importantly, much more serious danger.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next