www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:59 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Well, I've just recently gotten back from my first trip to Dominican Republic, stayed at Blackbeard's for 5 days.

Flew Continental from Toronto, got a great fare for $395 & upgraded to first for $89 between EWR & POP, which was awesome! My only real beef with Continental is that I bought duty free in EWR & the woman at the gate told me that it would be delivered to my seat, but the FA's (who were pretty nasty about it, btw) said it wouldn't. None of them were interested in helping me out, but anyway....

Got to POP ahead of schedule, I was the first one out the plane & through customs. I had previously arranged a driver through Blackbeard's & he was waiting for me with a Hotel Barba Negra sign with my name on it. Driver was a friendly guy with decent English, it was about a 1/2 hour drive to get from the airport to Blackbeard's...the last 15 minutes was slow because the road was in horrible shape.

Got to the hotel, which for those who don't know, is actually located outside the city of Puerta Plata in a gated community called Costambar. First impression of the hotel was good, you walk through a gate, then through a small courtyard. Off to the right of this, there's a restaurant under a palm-leaf roof & beyond that, the pool, an area with some poolside seating & another wing of the hotel. On the way to the front desk to check in, you pass the poolside bar, some couches in the lobby, the guest internet station, & house phone. Check in was fairly quick, you have to pay for the room in advance, & I was introduced to the mamasan, Luchy. By this time, it's just about 2:30 pm, I go up to the room to unpack & have a quick shower. I had reserved the Jacuzzi room & was very impressed with the room. It was huge, with a king size bed, a/c, a stocked mini-fridge, couch, stand up bar with stools & a table for 2 with chairs. The bathroom was huge too. Now I know no one really cares about the room, but I'm staying in the jacuzzi suite at La Amistad in a couple of weeks, so I'm interested in how it compares.

Grab a quick shower & head down to the bar. Order a drink (which are fairly inexpensive compared to CR) & immediately get hit on by the first chica I see. She's dark skinned with long hair & big boobs. She's with another chica, a blonde I recognize from BB's newsletter. They want to do a duo, which is not my thing...the blonde looks less appealing than her photos, with a bit of a gut & tiny boobs...not my type at all. I buy them a large Presidente, which they share, the blonde wanders off to talk with the 4 or 5 other chicas sitting around the pool. After scoping out the competition, it's clear that the chica talking to me is currently the best option, so I take her upstairs. I can't remember her name now, but she had a great body, nice & tight all over & she gave me a great GFE for an hour. For anyone unfamiliar with the way BBs operates, the rates are set: 1500 DR pesos (approx. $45 US) for short time (ie, approx. 1 hr.), or 3000 DR pesos (approx. $90 US) for all night. Hence, no negotiations necessary; you just pick the chica you want, decide how long, & off you go. Anyway, this chica was a great experience, the best one I had at BB's. Great BBBJ, she loved the DATY, & I was happy. Went back down to the bar, where I started drinking again, which was a mistake since I had been up since about 2 a.m. that morning. Wanted to take another chica up in the evening, but the combination of alcohol & lack of sleep did me in around 10 p.m. There was a party in the upstairs bar that night which was right across the hall from my room, but I was so tired, I didn't hear anything!

Woke up the next morning around 8:30, took my time getting up & showered, went down at about 9:30 for breakfast in the restaurant. Had a good breakfast, then just kind of hung out at the poolside bar. The chicas don't show up until about 11 a.m., but I met a few more of the guys who were staying there. Most of them were pretty good guys, as most are on this board...the big difference being, very few of them speak Spanish, & most have none at all. My Spanish is passable, but I'm certainly not fluent ( damn your oily hides, Spanish verbs!!!) and I had guys saying that it sounds like my Spanish is pretty good. The 3 guys I hung with for the next couple of days had no Spanish at all. Anyway, the chicas start showing up & the talent is less than impressive. I end up having a session that afternoon with an older chica (about 28) who was also a good time, can't remember her name either, but she was lots of fun & I felt like she was really into it. Made sure I got some sleep after she left because there was another party scheduled for that night, it was Mardi Gras costume night. Went down to the restaurant at about 8 pm, had dinner, which was really good, I can't say enough good things about the restaurant at BB's, the food was great. Had dinner with one of the guys I met earlier & the chica he was with, then had a couple of drinks & headed up to the upstairs bar. Lots of good costumes on the chicas: pirata, belly dancer, schoolgirl, but the one who caught my eye was the girl who was dressed like a bumblebee with long curly black hair & a killer body. She was dj'ing in the upstairs bar & when I asked to get a photo, she asked if I was with a girl. I told her no & she said "I'm with you tonight". Who am I to argue with that kind of logic? The party was great, lots of drinking & chicas shaking their moneymakers. The crappy part was that I had to wait until 2 for my bumblebee dj girl to show up in my room. Let me tell you, it was worth the wait. Her name was Cristal & she was a sweetheart! Kept her all night, which I normally never do & the morning sexo was great too. Bought her breakfast & she left.

Day 3, & after breakfast, I decide I'm going to check out the beach which is about a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. Weather had been overcast up to this point, but today it's great. The beach is not bad, although a bit pebbly & lots of trash about. The water close up reminds me of the beach at Port Dover on Lake Erie (seriously); the water appears a little dirty close in before giving way to that Caribbean blue further out. I walk a long way down the beach & get some sun. Head back after a couple of hours & view the action around the bar. Again, not overly impressed with the talent. I talk to the blonde again, whose name is Clarissa, & decide to take her up. It was an ok experience, nothing earth shattering, but she was the best of the bunch & not really my type. Hang around the pool in the afternoon, go swimming & get some sun. It was a perfect afternoon & had a lot of beer. Headed up at around 4 to grab a nap because Saturday night is BB's Miss Universe contest. The chica shift at BB's changes at 6 pm...I went down for dinner at around 8:30 & saw some of the girls. A few possibles, but still nothing that blows me away. Headed up to the upstairs bar & the Miss Universe contestants take turns shaking their ass & trying to sway the judges, ie all the guys who are there. I don't recall who they picked as the winner & really, does it matter? I picked a chica with curly reddish hair & she was easily the worst experience of the trip. She wanted to stay all night & I didn't want her to. Popped from her bj & sent her home.

Woke up for my last full day & by this time, I'm pretty much ready to go home. Although the hotel & staff are great, the talent simply does not compare to the Del Rey or SL. Hell, the talent doesn't even compare to the 5 Dominicanas I know in CR! Yaki from SL would blow all of these girls out of the water! Had a decent session with a chica named Angela in the afternoon, one with the blonde Clarissa later & called it a night. Didn't have enough time the next day for another session even if there was someone I'd be interested in & if the girls showed up before 11 a.m. (my return flight was at 1 pm).

So, to summarize:

Pros:
-hotel & grounds were very nice & immaculate
-room moderately priced...jacuzzi suite was $75 a night...4 nights with tax was $393 US
-restaurant on site was great...good food, big portions
-staff very friendly & helpful
-having girls on site most of the day is convenient
-drinks & food inexpensive
-safe environment & price-controlled

Cons:
-talent is mid-range at best, & doesn't come within shouting distance of the variety & quality in CR
-location limits your options re talent...you're pretty far from anywhere & taxis are expensive, ie approx. $40 to Puerta Plata ONE WAY
-although I saw some chicas I'd be interested in, it turns out that some guys go there & book girls exlusively for days at a time. The going rate for this is $100 US/day & the girl is with you all the time & not available to anyone else. There were 2 girls who, while not knockouts, were better than most available options, but because they were with guys who had pre-booked them & not available
-the girls just hang out there all day & some, when you turn them down, turn grumpy regardless of how polite you are. Due to the fact that they can't leave, some of them will glare at you all day because you didn't take them
-because price & quality is controlled, there's not much competition...I regularly get better GFE experiences in CR

Would I return?

Unlikely. I don't like the humidity, & it could be brutal. Add in the so-so talent level & there's really no reason for me to go back, although I might give Sosua a go. I would have posted some pics for you guys, but can't seem to edit them down to the proper size.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:55 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

El Ornitorrinco wrote:
Well, I've just recently gotten back from my first trip to Dominican Republic, stayed at Blackbeard's for 5 days.

Flew Continental from Toronto, got a great fare for $395 & upgraded to first for $89 between EWR & POP, which was awesome! My only real beef with Continental is that I bought duty free in EWR & the woman at the gate told me that it would be delivered to my seat, but the FA's (who were pretty nasty about it, btw) said it wouldn't. None of them were interested in helping me out, but anyway....

Got to POP ahead of schedule, I was the first one out the plane & through customs. I had previously arranged a driver through Blackbeard's & he was waiting for me with a Hotel Barba Negra sign with my name on it. Driver was a friendly guy with decent English, it was about a 1/2 hour drive to get from the airport to Blackbeard's...the last 15 minutes was slow because the road was in horrible shape.

Got to the hotel, which for those who don't know, is actually located outside the city of Puerta Plata in a gated community called Costambar. First impression of the hotel was good, you walk through a gate, then through a small courtyard. Off to the right of this, there's a restaurant under a palm-leaf roof & beyond that, the pool, an area with some poolside seating & another wing of the hotel. On the way to the front desk to check in, you pass the poolside bar, some couches in the lobby, the guest internet station, & house phone. Check in was fairly quick, you have to pay for the room in advance, & I was introduced to the mamasan, Luchy. By this time, it's just about 2:30 pm, I go up to the room to unpack & have a quick shower. I had reserved the Jacuzzi room & was very impressed with the room. It was huge, with a king size bed, a/c, a stocked mini-fridge, couch, stand up bar with stools & a table for 2 with chairs. The bathroom was huge too. Now I know no one really cares about the room, but I'm staying in the jacuzzi suite at La Amistad in a couple of weeks, so I'm interested in how it compares.

Grab a quick shower & head down to the bar. Order a drink (which are fairly inexpensive compared to CR) & immediately get hit on by the first chica I see. She's dark skinned with long hair & big boobs. She's with another chica, a blonde I recognize from BB's newsletter. They want to do a duo, which is not my thing...the blonde looks less appealing than her photos, with a bit of a gut & tiny boobs...not my type at all. I buy them a large Presidente, which they share, the blonde wanders off to talk with the 4 or 5 other chicas sitting around the pool. After scoping out the competition, it's clear that the chica talking to me is currently the best option, so I take her upstairs. I can't remember her name now, but she had a great body, nice & tight all over & she gave me a great GFE for an hour. For anyone unfamiliar with the way BBs operates, the rates are set: 1500 DR pesos (approx. $45 US) for short time (ie, approx. 1 hr.), or 3000 DR pesos (approx. $90 US) for all night. Hence, no negotiations necessary; you just pick the chica you want, decide how long, & off you go. Anyway, this chica was a great experience, the best one I had at BB's. Great BBBJ, she loved the DATY, & I was happy. Went back down to the bar, where I started drinking again, which was a mistake since I had been up since about 2 a.m. that morning. Wanted to take another chica up in the evening, but the combination of alcohol & lack of sleep did me in around 10 p.m. There was a party in the upstairs bar that night which was right across the hall from my room, but I was so tired, I didn't hear anything!

Woke up the next morning around 8:30, took my time getting up & showered, went down at about 9:30 for breakfast in the restaurant. Had a good breakfast, then just kind of hung out at the poolside bar. The chicas don't show up until about 11 a.m., but I met a few more of the guys who were staying there. Most of them were pretty good guys, as most are on this board...the big difference being, very few of them speak Spanish, & most have none at all. My Spanish is passable, but I'm certainly not fluent ( damn your oily hides, Spanish verbs!!!) and I had guys saying that it sounds like my Spanish is pretty good. The 3 guys I hung with for the next couple of days had no Spanish at all. Anyway, the chicas start showing up & the talent is less than impressive. I end up having a session that afternoon with an older chica (about 28) who was also a good time, can't remember her name either, but she was lots of fun & I felt like she was really into it. Made sure I got some sleep after she left because there was another party scheduled for that night, it was Mardi Gras costume night. Went down to the restaurant at about 8 pm, had dinner, which was really good, I can't say enough good things about the restaurant at BB's, the food was great. Had dinner with one of the guys I met earlier & the chica he was with, then had a couple of drinks & headed up to the upstairs bar. Lots of good costumes on the chicas: pirata, belly dancer, schoolgirl, but the one who caught my eye was the girl who was dressed like a bumblebee with long curly black hair & a killer body. She was dj'ing in the upstairs bar & when I asked to get a photo, she asked if I was with a girl. I told her no & she said "I'm with you tonight". Who am I to argue with that kind of logic? The party was great, lots of drinking & chicas shaking their moneymakers. The crappy part was that I had to wait until 2 for my bumblebee dj girl to show up in my room. Let me tell you, it was worth the wait. Her name was Cristal & she was a sweetheart! Kept her all night, which I normally never do & the morning sexo was great too. Bought her breakfast & she left.

Day 3, & after breakfast, I decide I'm going to check out the beach which is about a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. Weather had been overcast up to this point, but today it's great. The beach is not bad, although a bit pebbly & lots of trash about. The water close up reminds me of the beach at Port Dover on Lake Erie (seriously); the water appears a little dirty close in before giving way to that Caribbean blue further out. I walk a long way down the beach & get some sun. Head back after a couple of hours & view the action around the bar. Again, not overly impressed with the talent. I talk to the blonde again, whose name is Clarissa, & decide to take her up. It was an ok experience, nothing earth shattering, but she was the best of the bunch & not really my type. Hang around the pool in the afternoon, go swimming & get some sun. It was a perfect afternoon & had a lot of beer. Headed up at around 4 to grab a nap because Saturday night is BB's Miss Universe contest. The chica shift at BB's changes at 6 pm...I went down for dinner at around 8:30 & saw some of the girls. A few possibles, but still nothing that blows me away. Headed up to the upstairs bar & the Miss Universe contestants take turns shaking their ass & trying to sway the judges, ie all the guys who are there. I don't recall who they picked as the winner & really, does it matter? I picked a chica with curly reddish hair & she was easily the worst experience of the trip. She wanted to stay all night & I didn't want her to. Popped from her bj & sent her home.

Woke up for my last full day & by this time, I'm pretty much ready to go home. Although the hotel & staff are great, the talent simply does not compare to the Del Rey or SL. Hell, the talent doesn't even compare to the 5 Dominicanas I know in CR! Yaki from SL would blow all of these girls out of the water! Had a decent session with a chica named Angela in the afternoon, one with the blonde Clarissa later & called it a night. Didn't have enough time the next day for another session even if there was someone I'd be interested in & if the girls showed up before 11 a.m. (my return flight was at 1 pm).

So, to summarize:

Pros:
-hotel & grounds were very nice & immaculate
-room moderately priced...jacuzzi suite was $75 a night...4 nights with tax was $393 US
-restaurant on site was great...good food, big portions
-staff very friendly & helpful
-having girls on site most of the day is convenient
-drinks & food inexpensive
-safe environment & price-controlled

Cons:
-talent is mid-range at best, & doesn't come within shouting distance of the variety & quality in CR
-location limits your options re talent...you're pretty far from anywhere & taxis are expensive, ie approx. $40 to Puerta Plata ONE WAY
-although I saw some chicas I'd be interested in, it turns out that some guys go there & book girls exlusively for days at a time. The going rate for this is $100 US/day & the girl is with you all the time & not available to anyone else. There were 2 girls who, while not knockouts, were better than most available options, but because they were with guys who had pre-booked them & not available
-the girls just hang out there all day & some, when you turn them down, turn grumpy regardless of how polite you are. Due to the fact that they can't leave, some of them will glare at you all day because you didn't take them
-because price & quality is controlled, there's not much competition...I regularly get better GFE experiences in CR

Would I return?

Unlikely. I don't like the humidity, & it could be brutal. Add in the so-so talent level & there's really no reason for me to go back, although I might give Sosua a go. I would have posted some pics for you guys, but can't seem to edit them down to the proper size.

wow brother i could've warn you about the BB talent if you had acknowledge the board...when i stay @ BB i only go there for food and comfort, besides that i head downtown to sosua and pick the baddest girl and stay with me @ BB and the look on them other chicas face is priceless...Last year i went there for 6 days...and only session with one BB girl that was when i first got there..after that throughout day and nite the chicas was seeing a better looking girl leaving my room...I stayed @ the room on 1st floor next 2 Pool..A6..i recalled LOL..my bro and I..def had a great time...the owner don't like me up @ BB bcuz the girls get no business out of me and i always tell the fellaz where they shud b headed for more fun...Sosua...but overall I like BB cuz of activities, comfort and food...and of course their jacuzzi is 1 of the best in town..lots of fun with some hot DR women down there...SELL OFF

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:57 pm 

Excellent report, thanks for posting it!
Quote:
Although the hotel & staff are great, the talent simply does not compare to the Del Rey or SL. Hell, the talent doesn't even compare to the 5 Dominicanas I know in CR! Yaki from SL would blow all of these girls out of the water!

I know what you mean. She would do the same to 99% of the Sosua talent, too. ;)

mh

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:14 pm 

Good report.
Have yet to stay at Blackbeards and don't imagine I will anytime soon. I do however give them thumbs up for running what appears to be a consistent operation, and at least offering a reasonably priced option.

You owe it to yourself to try out Sosua though. Its far from the holy grail, but its a fun little town, and there IS talent floating around.

While most fell in so-so, can live without category, a few of the girls I seen were gorgeous. Hopefully when Im there in 2 weeks things are just as goood

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:04 pm 

Yeah, the other thing I would say about BB's is that it's for the inexperienced monger primarily...none of the guys I talked to there had been to CR or anywhere else in Latin America.

The main reason I booked this trip is because of the ridiculously low airfare from YYZ...I had never before found a fare from YYZ-POP below $550 CAD, so $395 sealed the deal. If I found the right fare, I might try Sosua, but it makes less sense for the same price or less, I can spend a morning with Yaki or a hot skank from the Del Rey. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:19 pm 

Yeah thats a killer fare. I don't even look from YHZ. It can't be good :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:35 pm 

www.verbarrator.com for those pesky voybs :)

Disclaimer: These "eraser" sharp observations and deductions may be illusory,hallucinatory, the product of a profligate delusional husk, a Mekong and Guaro riddled wastrel,and a mere cut above those available in the New York Times.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:50 pm 

El Ornitorrinco wrote:
Yeah, the other thing I would say about BB's is that it's for the inexperienced monger primarily...none of the guys I talked to there had been to CR or anywhere else in Latin America.

The main reason I booked this trip is because of the ridiculously low airfare from YYZ...I had never before found a fare from YYZ-POP below $550 CAD, so $395 sealed the deal. If I found the right fare, I might try Sosua, but it makes less sense for the same price or less, I can spend a morning with Yaki or a hot skank from the Del Rey. :wink:

BB's can be for experienced dude...this is what BB offer and why some older folks(age 50 and up) no disrespect to any1 like it...the girls are right there, prices are set and of course every girl in there are tested monthly...so you have no worry about catching anything where as wondering off in the street and bargaining prices....You don't see that many location who offered such things...Overall BB is what you make of it..I stay there as previously stated for Food and comfort...I usually head down to sosua about 30 mins max find me couple of bad girls and bring to BB with no problem..fool around in the jacuzzi late @ night....

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:34 pm 

Jmacaula wrote:

Dude...Halifax? :lol:

I checked it over the Civic Holiday weekend just for shits & giggles...$863 connecting through LGA & SJU on American :mrgreen: $100 more on Continental

I actually thought Westjet might be the way to go for you, but you have to connect through YYZ :x & it was $882 tax in. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:25 pm 

I am going to BBs with my wife on May 21st-28th. We are going to stay there for a few days, and head over to Sosua for a few as well. I also liked the idea that they are tested (although who really knows!), and that could make for a more enjoyable threesome. Any advice you think I would need to know please let me know! Love the idea also about going to Sosua, and bringin back some talent to BBs. I will do that for sure. And at those prices? 100 for a night, not bad. One thing is we just found out that they charge you 20% for using your credit card! Ouch! Also they sent us an email letting us know that, and also they put you cant bring in your own booze. We will see about that! I will for sure be trying to bring some in. I am ready to leave NOW. Thanks for this trip report. I will leave you all a good one when I return! Anyone going to be there during my trip, lets have a beer. KGK

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:24 pm 

KGK wrote:
I am going to BBs with my wife on May 21st-28th. We are going to stay there for a few days, and head over to Sosua for a few as well. I also liked the idea that they are tested (although who really knows!), and that could make for a more enjoyable threesome. Any advice you think I would need to know please let me know! Love the idea also about going to Sosua, and bringin back some talent to BBs. I will do that for sure. And at those prices? 100 for a night, not bad. One thing is we just found out that they charge you 20% for using your credit card! Ouch! Also they sent us an email letting us know that, and also they put you cant bring in your own booze. We will see about that! I will for sure be trying to bring some in. I am ready to leave NOW. Thanks for this trip report. I will leave you all a good one when I return! Anyone going to be there during my trip, lets have a beer. KGK

It's all lie bout can't bring booze...there's a mini market up the block walking distance u can go there in the afternoon and bring food to room...i usually take out everything out of mini bar so i don't get charged for them....you can't eat no food out near restaurant or in front of ya step unless u staying in 2nd floor bcuz the owner want you to spend your every $ on his bar...they do have some good food but if you want to munch on a snack i'd say go to the little mini market near entrance gate and load yourself up...they also change $ there @ a very good rate..BB's give you low rate..you and the wife will enjoy BB..lot of activities for the 2 of yall..i hope that weekend yall going is when they will have Bikini Contest LOL...it's crazy...

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:32 pm 

El Ornitorrinco wrote:
Jmacaula wrote:

Dude...Halifax? :lol:

I checked it over the Civic Holiday weekend just for shits & giggles...$863 connecting through LGA & SJU on American :mrgreen: $100 more on Continental

I actually thought Westjet might be the way to go for you, but you have to connect through YYZ :x & it was $882 tax in. :roll:

Yes its rough. Although its actually not bad for me. I have a ton of miles, and work covers my flights to New York; so I just fly from there :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 pm 

How much is a taxi to Sosua and back, 100 bucks? :?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:55 pm 

That would be insane. Is it even a 30 minute ride?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:07 pm 

At least..
El Ornitorrinco wrote:
Not sure if he means 40.00 is the fare from BBs to the airport, but Sosua is another 10 minutes past there...
That's why I was wondering the fares because it makes no sense to stay way out at BBs and pay 80-100 bucks for round trip taxis to pull chicas from Sosua at night. :?