www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:41 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Here's the Websites of 2 of the mentioned restaurants--couldn't find one for Big Bill's:

All-American BBQ http://all-americanbarbecue.com/
Authentic Texas BBQ http://www.crbbq.com/ nifty music on the site

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:55 pm 

JazzboCR wrote:
Here's the Websites of 2 of the mentioned restaurants--couldn't find one for Big Bill's:

All-American BBQ http://all-americanbarbecue.com/
Authentic Texas BBQ http://www.crbbq.com/ nifty music on the site

Not sure if the info is correct as I have not been there for awhile but I heard Authentic Texas BBQ http://www.crbbq.com/ has closed it's door.

If they did that is bad news. The food was good and the prices very reasonable.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:20 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Yes there is a new BBQ Joint and it is mine, Big Bill of Big Bill's Q. I am located in La Ribera de belen, Heredia, on the same road as the Marriot, about a mile west of the Marriot and 100 meters east of the cemetary. It is primarily takeout with a couple of tables to dine in. I am open Thursday - Sunday, 12noon to 9:30pm, but hope to open 7 days soon. I have studied championship competition level Q for over 40 years and offer the finest Q in CR. I brought a 27' long, high convection rig down from Memphis and offer slow smoked, then glazed and carmelized ribs, 20 hour hand rubbed pulled pork, chicken and brisket. The brisket recipe is an improved version of the infamous competitor, John Willingham, who won 150 major US BBQ competitions with it, including Memphis in May, The Kansas City Royale, and many others. When available, I also offer chorizo from puriscal and specials. There is no substitute for my level of Q in Costa Rica. I have studied the art of mixing woods, using exotic rubs, marinades, injections, glazes and sauces (made fresh daily and really good) and use a combo of rubbing and glazing that form a unique meld when carmelized. I also take great pride in my side dishes and took them to the same level as the meat. I have the sweetest corn on the cob anywhere, incredible baked beans made with a special molasses and spices and bacon among others. Be warned, when you try my Q you will become an addict. You may wish to phone ahead.....8955-1053. If you are coming to the airport on the autopista, take the last exit before the airport exit (Belen).
Big Bill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:24 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

My mouth was watering just hearing the description of this BBQ.....love the sweet smell of slow cooked pork. Going to have to check this place out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:57 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

CVCap wrote:
Ratbstrd976 wrote:
There is a place called Authentic Texas BBQ in Heredia. It is in San Juaquin next to Pizza Hut. Best BBQ I've ever had in CR. They got Ribs, Brisket, Burgers, Chicken. Ive tried them all and they are all very good. The owner is from Texas and is doing a good job. They also got a bar. On Friday and Saturdays they got karaoke and the place is packed. Lots of hot local girls.If any one has been to Luthers BBQ in the stated thats what the owner modeled his place after.

Good tip, but I don't know Heredia too well. Is this a plaza?

I can second this comment. I have been there as well and the BBQ is good. I had the ribs and the brisket sandwich to go.....lol

the DR

<------OG'n BBQ in CR........ 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:31 pm 

This all sounds marvelous--any chance of recruiting your place as a CRT Sponsor? Tho' I'd settle with your being an individual paid Member. Anyway, good luck with your enterprise.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am 

JazzboCR wrote:
This all sounds marvelous--any chance of recruiting your place as a CRT Sponsor? Tho' I'd settle with your being an individual paid Member.

You work for CRT now Jazzbro? I must have missed the announcement.

Sounds like a great option for some BBQ. I will check it out on Friday and report back!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:38 pm 

Man, I know about a tenth or less about what you do about BBQ and can tell you know your shit! Will definitely make it over to check it out one day! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 pm 

Hangman wrote:
JazzboCR wrote:
This all sounds marvelous--any chance of recruiting your place as a CRT Sponsor? Tho' I'd settle with your being an individual paid Member.

!

No, just a tireless entirely-independent recruiter, always alert to tell others of the benefits to be derived. Let me know if that gets grating. At least I'm polite about it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:22 pm 

Wow, my brain gets me in trouble by skimming through things I read. I just reread and see you came down from Memphis. Memphis style BBQ? I have got to get my ass over there soon!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:26 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Thirdworld wrote:
Wow, my brain gets me in trouble by skimming through things I read. I just reread and see you came down from Memphis. Memphis style BBQ? I have got to get my ass over there soon!

I have to be honest......CArolina BBQ is my favorite, but I will eat BBQ from anywhere as long as it is good......

the DR

<-----OG----- 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:38 pm 

DR, I hear ya. Don't have a really big preference, and will eat ANY that is good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 pm 

Hangman wrote:
JazzboCR wrote:

Sounds like a great option for some BBQ. I will check it out on Friday and report back!

This place in Belen is awesome. Wish they would move closer to el centro and I'd be a happier (albeit fatter) camper!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:24 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Ate at Big Bills BBQ today. It is excellent. I had the ribs and brisket. I highly recomend it. The sides are very good. Had the sweet corn and beans both very good. Met Big Bill. Nice guy. Its worth the trip from the gulch. You wont be dissapointed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:36 pm 

The brisket is silly good. Just picked up another kilo today. 15k for the kilo, includes homemade bbq sauce. Enough for about 8 nice size sandwiches. Sides are killer as well. Still want to try the corn but he was out. The baked beans and slaw are the best I've ever had.

Bill does deliver 8955-1053, 8722-2786. Not sure where, but it says so on his menu.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next