www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:17 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

t

Last edited by brazinone on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:43 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Quote:
brazinone wrote:
Hey all,

Planning another trip to CR. I plan on staying SL 30th July - Aug. 2nd. Then move on to the Hotel Cocal in Jaco for some much needed beach air from Aug 2nd - 4th. After that finish my stay at the HOTEL LA AMISTAD.

If anyone is going to been in those areas at that time, please let me know, I have yet to meet any CRT members. Also, a few questions on transportation and such.

Can arrangements be made with the SL to transport me to Jaco, and then once booked a room, can I arrange for the La Amistad to pick me up in Jaco, and back to the Hotel.

I would contact the SL and Amistad directly for clarity this.. i know that AMISTAD will shuttle guest down and back if you are staying 4 days All inclusive, not sure about just picking you up... SL has rides for hire. im sure if you talk to the hotels you can work out a deal

Quote:
Is the Penthouse worth it at the LA AMISTAD, as well is the all inclusive worth it?

Penthouse 312 and 311 are huge spaces... 312 has a balcony, bar, sauna, jacuzzi etc... 311 has a funky cool layout with a loft... 310 has a huge kitchen.... the 200 level penthouses are very nice too...
are they worth it? really depends on your taste... but for the all in price you basically get an orgy room :)

as for the all inclusive, its worth it if you like the convenience of having a full gourmet menu on the finger... if you plan on eating most of your meals outside its not. The menu is top notch and the bar is a nice place to kickback. The CRT discount on the cash room only rate really only kicks in as a value after 7 days in my experience. And even then, having the convenience is a winner for me...

Quote:
Are there chicas at the LA AMISTAD?

Chicas are not supposed to come in to solicit, but some SL/DR chicas do like to stop in for a drink or lunch. You can also bring in your own date. Personally i like this setup as a buffer, its 100 meters down hill to SL and a 4 min walk to DR/KL
Quote:
I have asked this before, but still no reply. What is the best week considered to be in CR within a given calender year? Also, is Halloween or the super bowl the best weeks?

Depends of your definition of "best"... Halloween and Superbowl bring alot of the gringos into town, so that might be Best for the Hoteliers, and if you like a big crowd. It does mean there are more chicas, but can also mean the prices go up or the best chicas are snatched up early... Also depending on the migration patterns, sometimes the girls go to JACO instead of SJO on these holidays to catch the low hanging fruit...

personally any weekend I am in SJO vs the US is a great weekend... whether im traveling solo, with old friends from home, new friends from CRT... whether its Rainy season, peak season, SB etc... CR just really does it right for me...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:52 pm 

deleted- duplicate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:08 am 

t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:37 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

brazinone wrote:
Thanks Col,
At this time of year, you think its possible to get a room at the Cocal on a whim?

Thanks again,

I would definitely not risk it. Cocal is a small hotel, with very high demand as it has become the center of the high end monger action in Costa Rica. Make sure you have a reservation regardless of the time of year...or you'll end up at Canciones del Mar again!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:24 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'll be there on July 27-August 6. Let's meet at Sportsman.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:48 pm 

t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:34 pm 

brazinone wrote:
Thanks Col,

Great information, I am thinking I am trying to cram to much in, but since I like Jaco, and want to go there, I was wanting to make reservations early as there may be no rooms. Just wondering if I should just try the SL for a few days and then move to the La Armistand, and just go with the flow as one member said, and if I get to the Jaco, then I do. I stayed at the partner hotel of the DR last time, and it was absolutely dead. I seen one other couple there. so I really want to get to the Cocal for a peak. At this time of year, you think its possible to get a room at the Cocal on a whim?

Thanks again,

If Cocal is your goal i would make reservations as the hotel is always in high demand especially with the word out about the quantity and quality. Ive never been able to get a room there last minute. There is also no draw back to staying at another hotel in Jaco. I stayed at Canciones del Mar with 3 other friends in APR and it was pretty much dead also. It was fine though as we brought cocal girls back to the suite...

When Im solo (which is 90% of the time), i usually also just wing it in SJO and keep Jaco as an open option...But ive personally never felt the need to go as Jaco has mainly been a group activity for me. Either way i think you will be ok either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:08 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

There are other places to stay in Jaco. You can always visit Cocal at night.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:27 pm 

t

Last edited by brazinone on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:10 pm 

For transport I recommend PVT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:25 pm 

brazinone wrote:
Chica wants me to go here with her. Not sure if anyone has been here. She said food, liquor, and a good beach.. so I am in.. only thing i need.. the other thing will already be with me. Just seeing if anyone has visited. looks like a 3 hour drive by car.

http://www.anywherecostarica.com/destin ... el-antonio

Thanks again,

muy romantico para parejas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:23 pm 

Manuel Antonio is a great spot to spend some quiet time with a 'friend'. It is about 2.5 hour drive from San Jose on (mostly) good roads. With a ton of great hotels, a beautiful national park and every adventure activity under the sun, it is one of the most visited destinations in Costa Rica. There is a good thread on good hotels in MA going on now here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47688

Getting there and back, you can rent a car (not something I recommend), private transport ($300-$400 round trip), Interbus (~ $150 round trip each person), or regular bus (~ $20 round trip each). There is great local bus service that runs around 18 hours a day between Quepos and the park entrance with tons of stops along the way not to mention all the taxis in the area so getting around once you are there is easy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:29 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Puravidatransport wrote:
Manuel Antonio is a great spot to spend some quiet time with a 'friend'. It is about 2.5 hour drive from San Jose on (mostly) good roads. With a ton of great hotels, a beautiful national park and every adventure activity under the sun, it is one of the most visited destinations in Costa Rica. There is a good thread on good hotels in MA going on now here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47688

Getting there and back, you can rent a car (not something I recommend), private transport ($300-$400 round trip), Interbus (~ $150 round trip each person), or regular bus (~ $20 round trip each). There is great local bus service that runs around 18 hours a day between Quepos and the park entrance with tons of stops along the way not to mention all the taxis in the area so getting around once you are there is easy.

Fly Sansa or Nature Air for $150 round trip San Jose to Quepos (25 Minutes), after that 7 km to Park entrence or stay in Quepos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:35 pm 

Mkink wrote:
Fly Sansa or Nature Air for $150 round trip San Jose to Quepos (25 Minutes), after that 7 km to Park entrence or stay in Quepos

That is another option and if you are bringing a Costa Rican citizen or legal resident, likely their fare could be even less. Taxis to/from both SJO and your Quepos hotel will run about $80 ($60 roundtrip SJO and $20 roundtrip Quepos) so could do it for about the same as private transport with a neat flight. Good advice Mkink and something I hadn't thought about for Quepos!