It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:17 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

hotdogg wrote:

HOW DO I STAY SAFE AND AVOID DRAMA?

Easy, DO NOT:
* Engage street people or "workers"

If there was any lack of clarity on the DO NOT bullet point then Santas Bro just explained in full above. Gracias, you picked up my exact meaning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:15 pm 

Santas Bro wrote:
... especially on Calle 6,...

HD, you should add extended statements about specific areas. Calle Seis is a great place to visit, but not without someone that knows where they're at.

I typically hang around solo outside the MPs while waiting for the group inside to see enough to get their fill. I have had cops cross the street to come up and tell me exactly how 'not-smart' it is to just languish around that area. Of course they don't know I'm with several guys, and I appreciate them taking the time to advise me.

The takeaway from all this is that newbs should visit Calle Seis, but find someone that knows the turf and when/where to be and not.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:46 pm 

hotdogg wrote:
Noon to Dusk MP Tour Option B:...

Highly recommend a wingman first time on this route....

We’re getting into a "rougher" part of town and some would discourage heading in this direction.  Yes, there are: homeless, drug users, pan handlers and the like.

Not sure how much clearer I can make it. I don't think I've steered anyone into danger without due notice. Some reading for comprehension and critical thought required. I know that might be a bit much to ask.

Dear newbie reader: I'll make it playskool simple.

If while at the Mercado you feel even a little uneasy then skip Calle 6. Save it for another time when you are more experienced or have veteran support.

I like that above statement so much I'm throwing it in the Tour B post.

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I have a question regarding the "Do not's" in the initial post...Do not flush toilet paper down the toilet. I have seen the sign in the hotel room saying the same and am genuinely confused. Certainly you/they are not referring to the soiled paper I just wiped with, where else would I put it without stinking up my whole room, especially after the Tico Food I just ate. And I generally don't hang out in the bathroom unrolling clean toilet paper from the roll and flushing it down the toilet just for something to do...

So what are we talking about here?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:45 pm 

Mako113 wrote:
I have a question regarding the "Do not's" in the initial post...Do not flush toilet paper down the toilet. I have seen the sign in the hotel room saying the same and am genuinely confused. Certainly you/they are not referring to the soiled paper I just wiped with, where else would I put it without stinking up my whole room, especially after the Tico Food I just ate. And I generally don't hang out in the bathroom unrolling clean toilet paper from the roll and flushing it down the toilet just for something to do...

So what are we talking about here?

The plumbing and sewage infrastructure is not the most modern, especially in older buildings. Paper risks plugging it up. And if it does... well you got a problem. And the problem will appear in your hotel room.

You'll find the same in many parts of Europe as well.

So yes, your wipeage goes in the little wastebasket next to the throne. It gets emptied daily anyway.

Last edited by hotdogg on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:50 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Ticos do not usually flush toilet paper after using it. They put it in the trash. I guess they fear clogging and overflowing the toilets. I have flushed it for the past 10 years without problem. Much worse than toilet paper which is biodegradable are sanitary napkins, a definite no-no.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:59 am 

Pops wrote:
Ticos do not usually flush toilet paper after using it. They put it in the trash. I guess they fear clogging and overflowing the toilets. I have flushed it for the past 10 years without problem. Much worse than toilet paper which is biodegradable are sanitary napkins, a definite no-no.

It is SOP. Standard operating procedure in all Latino countries to not flush the paper. I just follow the custom, regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:17 pm 

Late Afternoon/Early Evening:  Made it back to your hotel?  Good, take a breather and relax. Next, do what I call a "reset of your room" - tidy up, inventory, and secure belongings. If you're interested, get a legit massage (book in advance at the desk of the respective hotels).  Bamboo Thai at SL or Yorleny near Hotel Taormina can take good care of you.  LA has a favorably reviewed massuse as well. No hanky panky, these are legit massages ok. You've done a lot of walking, get those hamstrings stretched out.

Contact info on Yorleny available here:

viewtopic.php?t=48774

Grab dinner at the location of your choice.  I prefer to eat light and lay off the alcohol until later.  Remember, this is a marathon not a sprint.  I usually chill a bit and hang out at SL but LA and Zona II are fun too depending on the climate you prefer. Make some new friends at the bar.  Grab intel from the brotherhood.  Taxi to Del Rey sometime between 8:00 and 10:00 if you feel ready.

You've probably done some homework on HDR.  Maybe that led you here.  It's hookerville and a bit of a shark tank.  Research how to negotiate, plenty of other threads on that.  If it's your first time a wingman is very useful, even just hanging with a gringo or two you just met.

Here's how I play HDR - Start out at the 2 sided back bar to ease your way in.  Sit so you are looking through to the reception area.  Chicas will circulate to you, but you're not in the middle of the fray.  Drinks here are spendy, pay as you go and count your change. After a drink relocate to the main bar by the Av 1 entrance where things tend to be more active.  If you didn't find a chica friend yet, pop over to Key Largo and enjoy a beverage there. Collect phone numbers in the event you have interest later.  I've never had a chica refuse to serve up her phone number.

I usually give it till midnight since talent can lean out thereafter, especially on a weeknight. Friday or Saturday 1:00 is a reasonable cutoff.

If you find a chica friend get your terms all sorted before leaving: services, price, duration, and when money changes hands.  Budget here is all over creation. I start at $70 for ST. Keep the market in check by staying under $100 if possible - unless there is really something special agreed to service wise. "Propina" is the word for tip. Let your new friend know they can EARN one.

If you are ready to leave with a chica and have a wingman, have the courtesy to let your wing know. Pirate taxi is going to run you 2K to get from HDR to your hotel. You can go down a block on Av 1 and try to hold out for a regular metered taxi. You pick the ride, not her.

Remember all the DO NOTs, keep it wrapped, and you'll have a great time.

There you go, your 1st day in San Jose. Felicidades (Congrats)!

Post above reflects suggestions and corrections and updates through 04/08/16.

Last edited by hotdogg on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:36 pm 

hotdogg wrote:
Late Afternoon/Early Evening:  Made it back to your hotel?  Good, take a breather and relax. Next, do what I call a "reset of your room" - tidy up, inventory, and secure belongings. If you're interested, get a legit massage (book in advance at the desk of the respective hotels).  Bamboo Thai at SL or Yorleny working out of Hotel Taormina can take good care of you.  LA has a favorably reviewed massuse as well. No hanky panky, these are legit massages ok. You've done a lot of walking, get those hamstrings stretched out.

If you want an excellent massage with the Hanky Panky then go to Zona 2 and see Carla. She has long kinky hair and will work out the kinks and relieve your stress with some fun. She is a trained massuse and worth the hour session even if you do not have the hanky panky.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:00 pm 

+100 on Karla at Zona 2. Negotiate any possible "up-sells" beforehand.

Very skilled at her work. You won't be sorry.

She usually goes off-duty at about 5 pm Mon. - Sat. Never works on Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:34 am 

hotdogg wrote:
Noon to Dusk MP Tour Option A: Ok you managed to keep your socks on so far? Good man. Day one does not need to be a sprint. Chicas are getting to work now and you can do a bit of an MP tour. Here’s one route I’ve landed on. Sometimes I don’t make it all the way through… sometimes I do and circle back. From where you came in the Mercado (Av Central & Calle 6):

Go back one block east to Calle 4 and head south about 4 blocks. Just south of Av 8 you’ll find Pension Monica’s and another shop across the street, forget the name. Back on Av 8 go east 8 blocks to Calle 11. This is a long stretch, I grab a beverage somewhere and maybe a snack. Turn right and head south on Calle 11. You’ll find Relax and Idem on the block across from each other. Have an expensive coke light at Idem. Idem and Monicas show up on a standard Google map. Although I think Monica's is pinned on the wrong side of the street.

Want more? Continue south on Calle 11 about 2.5 blocks until you get to a park - Parque de Los Mercaditos. Across the park’s south west corner you’ll find neighbors Erotica III (blue building) and La Mansion (green building). Just a bit further south on Calle 11 is Skate Park - Plaza Gonzalez Viquez. Golden (aka Manos Magicos) is nearby at the corner of Calle 17 and Transversal 13 with a Costco quality "Open" sign in the front window. You have that phone with GPS and maps right?

You can take Calle 11 back north pretty much all the way back to the gulch. Or grab a taxi if you're weak in the knees. :lol:

Look up the intersections in advance, throw down a map pin or two and boom! You are a 21st century cocksman who just saw 6-7 MPs in an hour or two... assuming you didn't take an extended break at one of the stops.

Post above reflects suggestions and corrections received through 01/29/16.

Do note the location of this assault.

http://diarioextra.com/Noticia/detalle/ ... y-jalan---

Not to fear monger, but keep your wits about you and realize that anyone can be in the wrong place at the wrong time, even if you are on your game. And that applies to most any city, not just SJ. We're part of the vice trade and all that goes with it. Mind the do nots in post #1.

Many, many CRTers have their fun without drama or problems.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:13 am 

hotdogg wrote:
Many, many CRTers have their fun without drama or problems.

and many more take on as much drama and problems as we can handle. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:33 pm 

Some create their own drama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:18 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Excellent post. This is a good starting point for a noob like me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:34 pm 

Oh crap... some recent stories remind me of this instructional video. Totally not explicit in my posts here. It pertains to anything you brought along that has value:

https://youtu.be/GM92dcNLIdw