www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:58 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

BashfulDwarf wrote:
I began looking for this ‘life partner’ shortly after I split with the wifey. I knew my needs, and I knew it would take time. I had already decided to scrap any desire to find a gringa (for the obvious reasons). Frankly, though I make decent money, I am only able to ‘bottom-feed’ in the dating pool of the USA. I’d rather be alone in that case.

But then! Suddenly! I found out about Costa Rica. I could go and phuck prostitutes at the same time as trawl about looking for a decent woman to take home with me. Jesus, what a pain in the ass that turned out to be. But I kept at it. Every trip I took had a dual purpose. I would meet women on dating sites, try to vet the hookers out as best I could, and then arrange dates to meet these women.

I met a lot of good people, but I started to realize that some of the issues I faced in the USA existed here as well. Let me tell you what I am looking for (Your taste may vary):

1. She’s gotta be easy on the eyes. Beauty isn’t a necessity, but dog-ugly is OUT.
2. She has to WANT to have a life. Not just a sit-at-home wifey thing. She has to have real hopes and dreams, and be intelligent enough to actually try to make it happen.
3. She has to be young enough to MAKE it happen. I learned quickly that once you pass a certain age, you are done growing. She needs to be in the growing stages so that she will tackle the language, grab onto opportunities to better herself, and make her own opportunities.
4. She needs to be able to out-grow me. Whether this means leaving me for someone else, or building a life to be self-sufficient, I want her to move on at some point and leave me behind.
5. Preferably no K*ds, but I’d be willing to adopt. But she has to be ready to accept mine as I am hers. I don’t want a woman that’ll put her K*ds first (equality is the goal).

Clearly this woman doesn’t exist in my sphere of influence, but I can try to come as close as possible. I am sure that you’ve noticed I say nothing about a sex life. Mongering can give me that. My needs are specific, and it doesn’t revolve around intimacy. It would be nice to have, but it’s not the principal purpose of this campaign. I need a female in my life that I can get along with, have fun with, and cover all the bullshit day-to-day dramas that life throws our way.

** with this said, a disclaimer. If anyone thinks they are going to bring back a sex partner and have it last, you’re deluded. If you are not willing to grow her into something far bigger than you are, then you will end up disappointed. Plan to have her leave you. There are plenty more in the pond. But don’t think you’ll keep her in a closet until you need to bust the nut. It simply doesn’t work like that.

The limited words make this sound very clinical. It isn’t. Just read between the lines.

So ...

Did you adopt the K*D?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:30 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Perro Sucio wrote:
BashfulDwarf wrote:
5. Preferably no K*ds, but I’d be willing to adopt.

So ...

Did you adopt the K*D?

No. We never got anywhere near that far in the process.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:06 pm 

Btw- who says that you have to adopt the K*D? You can accept/love the K*D without officially adopting him. I have never given any serious thoughts to adopting my step daughters but treat and love them as my own.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 am 

Orange wrote:
Btw- who says that you have to adopt the K*D? You can accept/love the K*D without officially adopting him. I have never given any serious thoughts to adopting my step daughters but treat and love them as my own.

ahh ... think the general belief is that you have to adopt them to bring them over.

Thanks for the clarification.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:48 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Yes, I can confirm from experience that you do NOT have to adopt the k*d. However, when you bring the wife, you'll also be financially responsible for the k*d in the eyes of the U.S. government for five years or until they are both U.S. citizens (if I remember right). You sign a form to that effect. Not adopting the k*d could potentially lead to some complications....if your spouse were to die, for example, with the minor k*d surviving...or if the k*d needed healthcare and momma wasn't available. You sometimes hold your breath hoping that something like that doesn't happen.

Some guys don't want to adopt. Other times the biological father is not willing to permit it (even though he may not keep up with his financial and other responsibilities to the k*d). If you have a great relationship with the k*d, but can adopt when the K*D is a minor, you always have the right to adopt him/her once they turn 18. That will make them a rightful heir when you die....which might be something you want to do.

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Orange wrote:

ahh ... think the general belief is that you have to adopt them to bring them over.

Thanks for the clarification.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:06 pm 

ColombiaLover wrote:
However, when you bring the wife, you'll also be financially responsible for the k*d in the eyes of the U.S. government for five years or until they are both U.S. citizens (if I remember right).
Here are the ways you can get out of the responsibility once you become an immigrant sponsor:
1. The immigrant becomes a US citizen
2. The immigrant legally works for 10 years (40 quarters)
3. The immigrant turns in their green card and leaves the US
4. The immigrant dies (naturally :lol: )
5. The immigrant gets deported

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:21 am 

bandon843 wrote:
Perhaps it is not paranoid or a stretch to think that BD well publicized plans on this board somehow got to the ears at the consulate in San Jose....just saying.

I can write with 110% certainty the reality this message board IS monitored by the Embassy on a very regular basis. No conspiracy; it's what Embassy's do and are supposed to do. Generally (underscored) it is benign. However, the obtainment of a visa is serious business. It ain't fun and games. Don't eat where you shit.

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:15 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Orange wrote:
ColombiaLover wrote:
However, when you bring the wife, you'll also be financially responsible for the k*d in the eyes of the U.S. government for five years or until they are both U.S. citizens (if I remember right).
Here are the ways you can get out of the responsibility once you become an immigrant sponsor:

You forgot one
The Sponser dies (which in my case might end up being the first one that rings true)
Also that's not just 40 quarters of work it must be qualified
(40 quarters of coverage under the Social Security Act:)
Which is basically 1,200 in 2015 if you want the Official Verbage from the horses mouth it's all here
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/oact/cola/QC.html

Last edited by babosa on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:10 pm 

babosa wrote:
Orange wrote:
ColombiaLover wrote:

You forgot one
The Sponser dies

Maybe not...the sponsor's estate could be responsible in case of an untimely death.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:38 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

However, when you bring the wife, you'll also be financially responsible for the k*d in the eyes of the U.S. government for five years or until they are both U.S. citizens (if I remember right). Here are the ways you can get out of the responsibility once you become an immigrant sponsor:

You forgot one
The Sponser dies

Maybe not...the sponsor's estate could be responsible in case of an untimely death.
---------------- Previous Thread above ------------------------------------------
Well if you are still married there would be spousal rights to the estate by estate laws, but in the case of divorce the sponsor would only be obligated to those debts that already currently due to the recipient. The above mentioned are your release of obligation from the I-864 which you signed as a sponsor. Divorce "DOES NOT" release your responsibility, nor if your ex spouse get's married are you relieved of your obligations. Just for clarity obligations in this conversation is if the sponsored decides to become a burden of the state and go on Welfare or various other forms of public assistance. The U.S. Government has the right to recoup these expenses from the sponsor.
So if I were to die today, and my ex goes on public assistance tomorrow, my estate would NOT be obligated.
As I mentioned before if there were any Ch*ld support payments or alimony payments that were in arrears my estate would be responsible for those. My estate would be relieved of any additional Ch*ld support obligations from the date of my death,(my Ch*ld is the sole recipient of my living trust) but the 35+ years I've paid in to Social Security would be available for support of the Ch*ld per the Social Security Administration rules. Now granted I've went off on a bit of a tangent here, but be "WARNED" even the best of girls in their country with no concepts or intentions of ever becoming a (cunt, puta, pizda, or whatever the word of their language is) can and will learn the system and how it is stacked against you and how to use it against you even if you are Sir Alfred Nick Longfellow III riding a brilliant white noble steed or "Captain Save a Ho" if the feel they need to. They may not use it but they may slap that carrot in your face. So the moral of the story, no matter how good things may be, how good either of your intentions are, no matter how great of a person either or both of you may be, totally unforeseeable chit happens in life the can revive a long dead cold war. So thing long and hard before you sign that affidavit of support.
As to those that previously said, you want her here bring her illegally, or your guardian angle may have actually been looking out for you, might have seemed like shallow are off the cuff comments might have been spoken by ones that are much wiser than I.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:43 am 

as long as the feds are first in line for their 40%

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:59 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Howz the campaign going? :shock: :lol: :D

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:28 pm 

Perro Sucio wrote:

I am currently digging a tunnel under the Gulf of Mexico.

I'll keep you up to date.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:55 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Perro Sucio wrote:

I am currently digging a tunnel under the Gulf of Mexico.

I'll keep you up to date.

:mrgreen:

Buena suerte mi amigo enano timido

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:41 am 

Hey Babosa,

One more (my way):

Kick her ass out with the threat of sending her back to Colombia (or wherever she is from)! She goes into hiding!! Get a divorce thru publication (not possible in all states). Sell everything and leave for Costa Rica!!!!!

She actually called me as I was leaving wanting to know if we were divorced so she could marry another idiot!!!

This is the actual way--divorce and she remarries another gringo!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next