www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:13 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Ilv4play wrote:
I can tell you how the tourism visa went for my fiancé. Paid the $160.00 got the appointment she goes in they hand her a green piece of paper and say sorry, Next..... They did not even ask her a question nor let her speak but enough to say thank you, you phucking C*ck sucker. Actually I added those last 4 words. She said it was like a production line and it was all no's. There was a guy that owned property, had a good job, had money in the bank and he wanted to visit family in the states for a family reunion and they still denied him. I think they just rubber stamp most of the applications unless you have some serious money and assets in Costa Rica. So much for her being able to visit and see if she would even want to move to the USA.

Very good information. She could easily get rejected. There is little anyone can do. I have some remedy, and will explore all avenues that are open to me. But in the end, it is up to the ICE agent to approve or not.

Her school says that very few of their students get rejected, but that is a small comfort to those that do.

Actually, it is up to the consular officer reviewing her case at the embassy. ICE does not decide who gets the visa, they only enforce.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:43 pm 

BlueDevil wrote:
BashfulDwarf wrote:
Ilv4play wrote:
I can tell you how the tourism visa went for my fiancé. Paid the $160.00 got the appointment she goes in they hand her a green piece of paper and say sorry, Next..... They did not even ask her a question nor let her speak but enough to say thank you, you phucking C*ck sucker. Actually I added those last 4 words. She said it was like a production line and it was all no's. There was a guy that owned property, had a good job, had money in the bank and he wanted to visit family in the states for a family reunion and they still denied him. I think they just rubber stamp most of the applications unless you have some serious money and assets in Costa Rica. So much for her being able to visit and see if she would even want to move to the USA.

Very good information. She could easily get rejected. There is little anyone can do. I have some remedy, and will explore all avenues that are open to me. But in the end, it is up to the ICE agent to approve or not.

Her school says that very few of their students get rejected, but that is a small comfort to those that do.

Actually, it is up to the consular officer reviewing her case at the embassy. ICE does not decide who gets the visa, they only enforce.

Correct, ICE does not process and issue the visa, but they have the ultimate say on admission when she shows up at the airport in Miami (or FLL) and come up to the window to smile for the camera and answer their questions. That is the time of the true test…alone (no BD allowed on this one, sorry), under questioning/cross examination, under pressure, in English (with the help of an unsympathetic latino translator) and with a rude, demeaning twist. This is the stage where most break!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:11 pm 

bandon843 wrote:
Correct, ICE does not process and issue the visa, but they have the ultimate say on admission when she shows up at the airport in Miami (or FLL) and come up to the window to smile for the camera and answer their questions. That is the time of the true test…alone (no BD allowed on this one, sorry), under questioning/cross examination, under pressure, in English (with the help of an unsympathetic latino translator) and with a rude, demeaning twist. This is the stage where most break!

this leads to a very good question. Does anyone know when a US citizen is traveling with foreigners, is it permissible for the US citizen to go through the foreigner line? And if so, is it allowed to approach the window with the foreigner?

I can make assumptions, but am looking for anyone that knows the rules or experienced this.

Personally for me, I am GE, so I could stand with her if permissible and then once she gets her window I could walk down to the GE terminal and get through.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:43 pm 

Bash..........

I asked your question TWICE of 2 different ICE employees controlling the lines on two separate occasions at the Orlando airport. The answer both times was YES. The citizen can go with the visitor in either the citizen line or in the visitor line ...... and can go to the window together, as a lot of traveling "couples" do.

As with so many things, YMMV.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:14 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Bashful,

RAC's info is good as usual. It is allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:44 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
bandon843 wrote:

this leads to a very good question. Does anyone know when a US citizen is traveling with foreigners, is it permissible for the US citizen to go through the foreigner line? And if so, is it allowed to approach the window with the foreigner?

I can make assumptions, but am looking for anyone that knows the rules or experienced this.

Personally for me, I am GE, so I could stand with her if permissible and then once she gets her window I could walk down to the GE terminal and get through.

Yes. When my wife and I arrived in JFK for the first time together, we went through the foreigner line. I was stamped in without fan fare, but my wife was sent to secondary screening to validate her visa and open the sealed envelope containing documents from the US Embassy. I was able to accompany her into secondary. The USCIS officer misspelled my wife's second last name on her entry card which caused problems obtaining other documents down the line. (He added an "I" at the end of the last name and made her an Italian... :lol: ) The glitch finally got taken care of when she received her conditional green card.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:32 pm 

In general, you guys are right, a U.S. citizen can and may choose to go to the non-US citizen window with a foreign national and walk up to the agent together. However (there always is a however,)if the individuals are not related (spouses, parents, etc. etc) and the foreign national gets screened for further questioning in the back office, it will be done individually, without the remaining traveling "friends" involvement.

Regardless, this should not be an issue in BD case. She is coming in with an F1 student visa...the point is, be very careful with the prepared story you are going to tell the ICE officer from the beginning, they are experts and spend all day doing this, getting "the real scoop" out of fibbing passengers...and have unlimited time to do so, while they hold the passenger for hours without food and missing connecting flights while desperation and anxiety grows...keep in mind, if they suspect someone is lying, they will use the best tactics to get to the bottom of it. I have heard this first hand from more than one friend that "lived to tell it".

Good luck BD!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:03 pm 

thanks much guys.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:48 pm 

Bashful’s Cap’n-Sav-A-Ho Campaign!

What a DISGUSTING and UNCTUOUS thread. The poster thinks no more of his lady than the reality she is "....A HO..." and is the "Cap'n" saving same? What manner of debauchery is this, really?

We're all referring to living and breathing humans who truly are suckered into the world wide view of the "American Dream" when those of us who have the gift of having been born in the USA know full well and good it's all one big racket; and one is lucky to "get out" with one's shirt.

And yet so many see this entity; this robo poster "Bashful Dwarf"; this mal cultured and specious manifestation of the consummate Ugly American; as Jesus Christo reincarnate when in reality we'll next be reading about the catch and release conclusion to this "rescue mission.".

Let me point to another prolific poster who ended up getting in a family way in his late 50's; swore up and down CR was the promised land; then started posting about getting arrested on battery beefs (I REFUSE to be PC and call it domestic violence: Battery is battery irrespective of who is involved.....blah, blah, blah. That Casa Nova don't post no more although I rather suspect he lurks and his minions are all here and accounted for (some even refer to that time frame as the "hey day" of CRT....yuk, yuk....).

Hopefully, the message board will receive about post not dissimilar from that about BKTuna or even the aforementioned Casa Nova, King Fish of Mackdaddy Whore mongers who ended up being exactly what they really were....ZERO.

Bashful’s Cap’n-Sav-A-Ho Campaign is an obscenity and has no place on this message board: To ridicule and make light of a local family is beyond obscene. I have another word for it, but won't use it here.

Cheap psychotherapy by writing on a message board is one thing; bringing down innocent, youth filled; life is in front of them others is simply wrong. :!: :roll:

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:18 pm 

Pacifica55?

He posted some of the best stuff here on CRT...

"It's a sorting process" was my favorite concept of all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:52 pm 

"specious manifestation" :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:08 am 

Steven1 wrote:
...<drivel>...

Thank you, Steven. I was actually quite hurt when you didn't post on the first 3 pages of my thread.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:16 am 

Steven1 wrote:
We're all referring to living and breathing humans who truly are suckered into the world wide view of the "American Dream" when those of us who have the gift of having been born in the USA know full well and good it's all one big racket; and one is lucky to "get out" with one's shirt.

+1

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:54 am 

Here are some quotes that I think apply to Bashful:
"As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do" - Zachary Scott
"Life is too short to wake up in the mornings with regrets. So love the ones who treat you right, forget the ones who don't. Remember that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it, if it changes your life, then let it. No one said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." - Harvey Mackey
"Better to try and fail, than never try at all." William F. O'Brien

I applaud Bashful for what he is doing. I think he is trying to help someone have a better life while fulfilling a need in his life. He may not succeed, but if he never tried, he definitely wouldn't succeed.

I brought a young lady (21 years younger than me) from the Philippines to the US. That was 26 years ago, so my experiences helping her get a visa are not relevant today, too much has changed in the INS. We were married for nine years and I learned that I did not like being married. During that time, she developed work skills, worked herself into a very good job, and provided support for her family in the Philippines. Both of our lives were enriched - I fulfilled a desire to be married, and she created a life for herself that was not possible in the Philippines. I am happy for that experience, and I think she is also. We parted as friends.

Best of luck Bashful. I hope everything works out for you with very few bumps in the road, but we know there will be bumps - just hope they are not boulders!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

LOL, Steven1, thats is pretty funny. But how exactly is BD bringing anyone down? This girl is probably eagerly volunteering to this opportunity. If she doesn't like it then she can go back home and be wiser for the experience. BD is actually being pretty generous and taking on most of the risk in this endeavor.

Although I doubt I would try this myself, I am very curious to see how it turns out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next