www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is This Cubadave??
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:38 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I don't see anything wrong or remotely promotional of any illegal activity in these pics...just a middle aged gringo's photos with many different adult friends...everyone seems to have big smiles and be enjoying themselves :) :)

Does anyone see anything different or in violation of any law?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:13 pm 

Any news on how CD is holding up in San Sebastion? He's been in 5 weeks and surely he's lost weight and if he gets sick what happens?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:24 pm 

bandon843 wrote:
So, how does having pictures of adult chicas in you phone or iPad make you a promoter of sex tourism in CR? Do they have to be naked and in obvious sexual poses....or are we so paranoid now that any pics of women in CR, kept by a single male traveler are or could be an issue as you depart SJO?

Hmmmmm, c'mon :?

I'm guessing it does not make you a promoter... unless you put them up on your website and have them in the background of your youtube videos. Using them in your self-published book on Amazon is probably another proverbial straw.

Pics on phone/Ipad were the end, not the beginning imho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:40 pm 

bandon843 wrote:
I don't see anything wrong or remotely promotional of any illegal activity in these pics...just a middle aged gringo's photos with many different adult friends...everyone seems to have big smiles and be enjoying themselves :) :)

In all seriousness, ask a Costa Rican judge. They are the only ones that can answer this question in context.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:44 pm 

I hope he found a "girlfriend" by now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:20 pm 

BashfulDwarf wrote:
bandon843 wrote:

In all seriousness, ask a Costa Rican judge. They are the only ones that can answer this question in context.

Or 4 or 5 judges. I'm guessing this goes back and forth for ages.

Good, bad, or otherwise CD probably meets his end behind bars, neither innocent nor guilty in the eyes of Costa Rican law.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:41 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

bandon843 wrote:

Obviously those chicas are blameless victims of an old pervert with a hidden camera. :roll: He was even able to sneak a t-shirt that says http://www.cubadave.com on a couple of them. The man is good! I wonder why she isn't in jail too? Hmmm. Odd.

On a more important note, who is that Sandra babe? Sheesh with tattas like that I just may become a boob man :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:22 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Whitecat wrote:
I hope he found a "girlfriend" by now.

Pretty tough stuff Whitecat but you are not alone. A lot of people want to see CD get hammered. I was in Boca Chica last weekend and ran into a pretty hardcore group of 6-7 ISOC guys and they , to a man, all thought he should get hammered to. They said he was warned repeatedly and he should have known better and now he has to pay the piper. A couple of them thought 6 years would be an appropriate sentence.

I am no CD fan but it seems like he may be punished way harsher than people who commit more serious and brutal crimes. Not fair but then again who ever said life is fair?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:12 pm 

Mike, I don't want to throw anymore gasoline on the fire but the guy almost went out of the way to be an asshole. I once left a bar when he walked in just because I didn't want to be in the same room as him. I'm afraid they might try to make an example of him to show the world CR doesn't want to be considered a sex destination. I wish him well but shit happens. Sad to see anyone so consumed by the sport that it leads to his demise. I wonder if he was abused as a K*D.

Hey how is Boca these days? It's been awhile since I've been to the DR.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:40 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Whitecat wrote:
Mike, I don't want to throw anymore gasoline on the fire but the guy almost went out of the way to be an asshole. I once left a bar when he walked in just because I didn't want to be in the same room as him. I'm afraid they might try to make an example of him to show the world CR doesn't want to be considered a sex destination. I wish him well but shit happens. Sad to see anyone so consumed by the sport that it leads to his demise. I wonder if he was abused as a K*D.

Hey how is Boca these days? It's been awhile since I've been to the DR.

Whitecat, like I said you are not alone. Essentially everything that is happening to CD he brought upon himself. He was very arrogant and egotistical and now he is paying the price. The guys I ran into in Boca Chica were essentially Sosua guys who were laying over in Boca to catch an early flight the next day. They speak about him in the same terms many of guys on this board have. They hated him when he was going to Sosua.

He is clearly being made an example to the others in the hobby. I am not referring to the regular guys who lay low and enjoy the hobby I am referring to the guys that are trying to make money by promoting the hobby. The law in CR is harsh but they as a sovereign country have a right to enact and enforce their own laws. This particular law was enacted to protect CR's image and their most important industry; tourism. If we get to where we don't like it we can go somewhere else.

Boca Chica is not bad, I go because I like it and it is a good deal for me in terms of cost as I travel from South Florida and the airfare and chica's cost about 50% less than I would spend going to San Jose. Below is a link to a thread I started about Boca Chica a number of months ago.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47340

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:12 pm 

Thanks, Mike, good link here. Makes me miss the area more. I liked Santiago also and have to get back soon............. One good story I have to tell you about the DR. I was at a nice restaurant in a hotel in Santo Domingo a number of years ago at lunch time. It had to be the middle/late 90's. The crowd was made up of all business people and a few tourists. Everyone was watching the Cubs game on tv. As soon as Sammy Sousa came up to bat, the whole place froze! No one, waiters or customers moved an inch, but just stared at the tv. No one talked. When he was done batting, life went on as usual. Amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:21 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Whitecat wrote:
Thanks, Mike, good link here. Makes me miss the area more. I liked Santiago also and have to get back soon............. One good story I have to tell you about the DR. I was at a nice restaurant in a hotel in Santo Domingo a number of years ago at lunch time. It had to be the middle/late 90's. The crowd was made up of all business people and a few tourists. Everyone was watching the Cubs game on tv. As soon as Sammy Sousa came up to bat, the whole place froze! No one, waiters or customers moved an inch, but just stared at the tv. No one talked. When he was done batting, life went on as usual. Amazing!

Any more news about CD??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:41 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Redfield10 wrote:

Any more news about CD??

its kinda sad he missed his mothers funeral...

http://www.cubadave.com/cubadave-update-november-court/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:20 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

NOV. 4TH

http://qcostarica.com/cuba-dave-heads-f ... -on-nov-4/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:56 pm 

I doubt they will persue this prosecution. When they are satisfied that he has spent enough time in jail, they will drop the case and let him out. I just don't think that Nov 4th will be that day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next