www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:03 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I feel sorry for CD, but if he decides to do the same for Colombia as he did in the DR and CR, God help him. They won't be quite so tolerant. And I still can't fathom how Steve Harvey is worth $200 million and still be such a no-talent idiot. Reference the Miss Colombia fiasco.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:42 pm 

I reread the question posed in the thread title.

I'm thinking the answer at this point is, 'yes'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:15 pm 

daddylonglegg wrote:
Miamiheller wrote:
daddylonglegg wrote:
And the biggest racists are black people, if don't believe me just ask a dominicano how he feels about blacks or Haitians. :shock: :)

You can ask me. I'm Dominicano, and I'll be happy to help shed some light on whether your observation has any merit.

mh

P.S. By the way, if you're implying Dominicans hate black people, or hate Haitians because they're black, I suggest you:

a) visit DR and actually LOOK at Dominicans
b) read up on some Dominican history. Specifically the period between 1821 and 1856. You might learn something.

If only you hadn't gotten snarky with your "You might lean something" comment. I do understand it's the history because most Dominicans are black by the US definition.

Actually I already, know a thing or two but certainly not everything. Now it is YOUR turn to learn something. :wink:
a) I was there the first week of this month and will be going back in a week. I think I SAW a few. Ten years ago I was windsurfing in Cabarate. :idea:
b) I've spent countless hours watching documentaries on Youtube regarding the history of Hispaniola in general not just the DR, and years reading before Youtube existed, thank you.

I put a lot more weight in professional historians who are held accountable than some guy on an internet forum trying to make some other guy look stupid, but only reveals his own ignorance, by assuming that the other guy had never visited and knew nothing. I mentioned it in my first post.

Here's a general search for "why dominincans hate blacks", take your pick:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ate+blacks

Hopefully you will feel better now knowing that I'm not as stupid as you thought. We cool now? :D

Just to be clear - your post deserved far more snark than I chose to bestow upon it. Your post was the equivalent of a foreigner who, having visited the Deep South a few times, thinks he is an authority about the US and claims everyone in the States is a redneck, drives pickups, eats BBQ and flies a Confederate flag in their back yard.

Let me get this straight. You're using your countless hours of "reading" and "watching Youtube clips" to try to school me about MY country and MY people - where I was born and raised and went to university as well - based on your version of Youtube "professional historians"? Really? Seriously? :mrgreen:

I suggest you try reading Frank Moya Pons or Mella Chavier instead of doing Google Searches or thinking windsurfing in Cabarete makes you an expert on Dominicans. You might learn something.

mh

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:47 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

LAdiablo wrote:
daddylonglegg wrote:
LAdiablo wrote:
like 911 said this site is full of them

its pretty clear you despise blacks...

I despise people who try to use a BS double standard but since you also made wrong assumption effectively calling me a racist, allow me to enlighten you. I've grew up in AL during the Selma march and forced integration- which nobody wanted, then spent most of my working life in GA. Yes my family owned slaves but there were many black slave owners too.

They also "adopted" a 10 yr old black boy named John in the 1940's for whom they built an extra room to live in. His own family was too poor and that's just what "decent folk" did in those days in rural AL. They took him in and provided for his needs and he helped to raise my father and in the family business till age 20. Then he went to Detroit and got a job at GM, raised several K*ds who all graduated college, They kept in touch and would visit when he came to see his "black" family.

Rather than just calling me a racist, why don't you explain to me why that is the case? Is it simply because I am a white person and you disagree with me? You're right this site is full of them and you are included.

um, unless you just changed your screen name from jota1500 i wasn't talking to you
love guys who get all worked up for nothing
nice story though
you should write a screenplay lol

Huh, you made your post right after jota1500's agreement with me and referenced a couple of points I had made, so it sure looked that way to me. Whatever, if you aren't calling me a racist, then I have no issue with you, my mistake. 8) Actually it's from my father's book, there's even a photo of my 10 yr old father sitting on a mule than John was holding.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:51 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

[/quote]
Just to be clear - your post deserved far more snark than I chose to bestow upon it. Your post was the equivalent of a foreigner who, having visited the Deep South a few times, thinks he is an authority about the US and claims everyone in the States is a redneck, drives pickups, eats BBQ and flies a Confederate flag in their back yard.

Let me get this straight. You're using your countless hours of "reading" and "watching Youtube clips" to try to school me about MY country and MY people - where I was born and raised and went to university as well - based on your version of Youtube "professional historians"? Really? Seriously? :mrgreen:

I suggest you try reading Frank Moya Pons or Mella Chavier instead of doing Google Searches or thinking windsurfing in Cabarete makes you an expert on Dominicans. You might learn something.

mh[/quote]
My post which you feel deserved more snark was "As long as the BS double standard exists, there will always be racists. Too many so-called minorities, the definition of a racist is that "any time a white person disagrees with a person of color or minority that white person is a racist." Why is that blacks can call a nigger a nigger or a white person a nigger and it's all cool, but when a white person does-he's a racist? :?:

Really, please explain just how the fuk you made the leap from that to your BS analogy about some foreigner visiting the Deep South? I think you got your toes stepped on, you didn't like the fact that may have someone exposed the fact that you and any other minorities who try to hide behind a double standard are just as racist as any Klansman.

Next point, don't try and twist things around. I wasn't trying to school you on your country or your people. :? You inferred that I was completely ignorant regarding the racial strife and history of the DR. I simply demonstrated that wasn't the case, and you should at least give me a little credit or trying to learn something factual about places that I visit, regardless of my choice of media.

Last point, show me where I said or inferred that I was an expert on the DR or anything else for that matter. :lol: I was fully aware of the Dominican War of Independence, which is what I think you were referring to which was between 1822-1844, not 1821-1856 that you posted, but who really cares?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican ... dependence

But to answer you question, the DR is one of the oldest countries in the New World but is still at least a hundred years behind everyone else. What on earth makes you think that I or anyone else here, other than a dominicano or someone thinking about living full-time in the DR, would ever have any interest in reading those authors? :?: :?: :?:

Oh, and I did learn something-you are a minority AND a racist.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:11 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Anything further on "Cuba Dave"?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:42 am 

Broadway wrote:
Anything further on "Cuba Dave"?

Forget Cube Dave. Let's get back to:

Are you Smarter than the Average RACIST(s)???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:42 am 

daddylonglegg wrote:
Yes my family owned slaves but there were many black slave owners too.
You must be very proud. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: (WTF??? Who would ever admit that?)

daddylonglegg wrote:
Why is that blacks can call a nigger a nigger or a white person a nigger and it's all cool, but when a white person does-he's a racist? :?:
I have never heard a black person call anybody "nigger". Get your hearing checked. :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:46 pm 

Orange wrote:
daddylonglegg wrote:
You must be very proud. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: (WTF??? Who would ever admit that?)

daddylonglegg wrote:
Why is that blacks can call a nigger a nigger or a white person a nigger and it's all cool, but when a white person does-he's a racist? :?:
I have never heard a black person call anybody "nigger". Get your hearing checked. :idea:

Sorry Orange but if you have never heard a Black refer to other Blacks with the "N" word you either have never spent any time around Blacks or YOU need to also get your ears checked!!! :roll: :idea: :wink: I agree, I have never heard a Black refer to a white that way!!!

And, Please do not misunderstand this to mean that I am in any way supporting daddylonglegg!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:51 pm 

BangBang57 wrote:
Orange wrote:
daddylonglegg wrote:

daddylonglegg wrote:

Sorry Orange but if you have never heard a Black refer to other Blacks with the "N" word you either have never spent any time around Blacks or YOU need to also get your ears checked!!! :roll: :idea: :wink: I agree, I have never heard a Black refer to a white that way!!!

Yeah. We're 'crackers', 'honkys', 'da man', and other 'can't be taken seriously' terms.

Orange lives a sheltered life away from any black music, or stand-up comedy. :mrgreen:

Not sayin' thats bad ... just sayin'.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:55 pm 

daddylonglegg wrote:

Is this meant to be a justification of your family's activities? I agree with Orange here: WTF!!?!?!?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:04 pm 

blacks say nigga and if you think it means the same thing and thats what you hear i get it
its kind of confusing
and i've been told "you my nigga" a lot but don't reciprocate unless im especially close to the guy
I had a guy in SL one night tell me he hated white people, then say "no not you, you my nigga", and then turn around and tell people i was a racist.
Dr. Mario can back me up on that one.
It seems like people use whatever they want to be offended these days and everyone hates everyone
but thats a toxic word and everyone knows it
oh and Phuck CD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:31 pm 

LAdiablo wrote:
blacks say nigga and if you think it means the same thing and thats what you hear i get it
its kind of confusing
and i've been told "you my nigga" a lot but don't reciprocate unless im especially close to the guy

Thank you LaD, I thought it was obvious what I was trying to say, maybe I should have said black people don't say the word "nigg-er" :lol: There is a huge difference between "nigg-er" and "nigg-a".

Btw- I was raised in Brooklyn, NY, so I never saw any black people. Excuse my ignorance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:11 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

HaHa,I guessed correctly 2 of of 3 CRT vets who would come to the rescue of their brother. Had guessed BD, BB57, and was thinking PR but 2/3 ain't shabby.

Just to be clear, when did I ever say it slavery was right? Or that using hate speech a good idea?

My family were settlers who were both slave owners and injun fighters. You guys are looking at the 1700's and 1800's with a 2016 POV and so the question of "justifying my families activities" is ignorant, because it does not apply. It was a labor based economy and immigrants were trying to forge a new life for themselves, manifest destiny and such.

Many people have a warped( Hollywood) idea of what it was really like. For most families like mine they would have a couple-man/wife who helped with the family business(no plantation). They didn't sell the K*ds, and when too old to work were allowed to stay on the farm till they died. They worked side by side day in and day out-often depending on each other for their life (ie injun attacks.) Many slaves after being freed voluntary stayed with their former owners simply because they had no place to go or were too old.

Slaves were expensive, (average around $40,000) and those settlers in this country who could not afford a slave were known as "white trash"-origin of the term . If any of your families were settlers in this country and you DID NOT own at least one slave, then they were PROBABLY LOSERS. So, yes I'm proud that they were successful. I also mentioned the story of John, the black boy my family "adopted " during the depression to demonstrate to show how attitudes changed, How many of you guys who want to criticize can say that YOUR family showed that level of compassion??????

The way you guys sound every successful family of early immigrants in the USA should bear some yoke of guilt. What about the slave owners who were black, should they feel this guilt too or since they are black, do they get a pass?

As far as hating on whitey goes, I hope that you guys understand that slavery was a choice. Here's a black guy to explain it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C00mK6aUaq8

Also the first slave owner in the US was a black man named Anthony Johnson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsp5LGaAaVI

But the 480,000 slaves of the 12.8 million shipped, that ended up in the US were actually the lucky ones.
Here's some more entertainment for you. "Why Do Evil, Racist Whites Seem To Treat You Better Than The Blacks Who Call Them That?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAPKqjFeXxA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:29 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

If anyone care, since it's apparent that most of you don't, since this thread was on this topic before,
the incumbent mayor was declared by the President of the country as the winner of the mayoral election in Sosua. This is not good news. But in Sosua anything can happen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 36  Next