www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is This Cubadave??
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:29 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

In my experience I find Thailand is known by the general public as a monger destination and CR is known to most people as a eco-tourism destination.
By arresting people like CD and getting the news splashed in the papers the authorities are publicising the up to now hidden monger aspect.

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:56 pm 

Dave wrote:
"Discussion about the status of Mr. Strecker and sexual tourism in general has been ongoing for more than a week at CostaRicaTicas.com, an online forum used mostly by male sexual tourists from the United States and Canada. Over more than 70 posts, the discussion veers into dubious analysis of Law 7899, whether Mr. Strecker was set up by U.S. law enforcement, and whether he was snitched on by a disgruntled website administrator who had previously worked with him."

http://news.co.cr/alleged-us-pimp-arres ... ica/41585/

Sorry if this is a repeat. I had not seen this site mentioned. It mentions us here, right now.

Have a Great Day,

Dave

What? This form is about travel discounts. These libelous claims are an outrage!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:02 am 

Some YouTube commentary. This assessment is on point to me.

https://youtu.be/KUoVeHxO4Bc

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:23 am 

Not a word of that video has not been covered in this thread already. Guy sounds kinda like a simpleton to me repeating himself multiple times. Not very accurate either as this is not the first time this law has been used. There is a case somewhere in this thread about an ex pat Colombian in jail on very similar pimping charges

Take a look through the thirteen pages. You will find the real truth and mostly negative opinion on this person and this subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:56 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

As far as we know he's being charged on the law against promoting prostitution.....The irony is dripping to think that CD's arrest has far and away surpassed attention to CR's sex tourism that CD ever could have done on his own. :roll: If he rots in prison for 4 years, this is not going to go away. If he is released in November (hopefully), lesson learned. CD punished, CR can avoid more media coverage of all of it. Win-win for all parties. Plus I want to hear about his adventures in a Costa Rican prison! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:30 am 

ElS, the Colombian is charged with breaking the PIMPING law which has been on the books here for many years. CD is being held (Not yet charged but being "investigated") for breaking the 2012 law against "promoting" sex tourism thru any public media. As far as I know CD is the first being held or charged with breaking this fairly new law.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:07 am 

El Silencioso wrote:
Not a word of that video has not been covered in this thread already. Guy sounds kinda like a simpleton to me repeating himself multiple times. Not very accurate either as this is not the first time this law has been used. There is a case somewhere in this thread about an ex pat Colombian in jail on very similar pimping charges

Take a look through the thirteen pages. You will find the real truth and mostly negative opinion on this person and this subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's more chatter beyond our circle, which is something I don't particularly want. I wasn't suggesting this was new news.

The guy may not be the most articulate, but his point about CD being made an example of... that's what I'm thinking too.

The closing comment on how CD is probably a good guy and how to help if you want is laughable.

Last edited by hotdogg on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:05 am 

hotdogg wrote:
Some YouTube commentary. This assessment is on point to me.

https://youtu.be/KUoVeHxO4Bc

CD..."guru", "rock-star status" :lol: :roll:

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:58 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

People like him ruin things for the regular guys. It's always the 10 percent that ruin things for the 90 percent. And now with this arrest he's made even more of a spectacle of himself and made things even worse than he did before with his ridiculous videos.

F him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:11 pm 

Horhey wrote:
People like him ruin things for the regular guys. It's always the 10 percent that ruin things for the 90 percent. And now with this arrest he's made even more of a spectacle of himself and made things even worse than he did before with his ridiculous videos.

F him.

Yup, he certainly ruined it (at least for the time being) for the rest of us. There is a definite paranoia factor present now when departing from SJO. Who will be the next monger to get his phone and computer searched/confiscated when departing from SJO? I, for one, have curtailed my tica picture taking activities while in CR.... For the time being anyway.

• Have Fun!
  • No Drama!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:20 pm 

Why?
Just upload it and delete it off the device :idea:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:29 am 

So, how does having pictures of adult chicas in you phone or iPad make you a promoter of sex tourism in CR? Do they have to be naked and in obvious sexual poses....or are we so paranoid now that any pics of women in CR, kept by a single male traveler are or could be an issue as you depart SJO?

Hmmmmm, c'mon :?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:17 pm 

bandon843 wrote:
So, how does having pictures of adult chicas in you phone or iPad make you a promoter of sex tourism in CR? Do they have to be naked and in obvious sexual poses....or are we so paranoid now that any pics of women in CR, kept by a single male traveler are or could be an issue as you depart SJO?

Hmmmmm, c'mon :?

It's a reason to be stopped and harrassed. Why not just wear it on your sleeve as well? Or better yet, why not follow LaD's advice and skip the whole problem.

Do you really want to be standing in the IC line as your flight taxis down the tarmac, screaming at the officials that the chica in your picture is over 18???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:15 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

https://myspace.com/cubadave/mixes/clas ... tos-511549

So, whoever said that "My Space" was't relevant anymore! Lol.. 280 plus pictures. Bet CubaDave and friends forgot to take these down. Nothing on the computer seems to go away. :D :D

Have a Great Day,

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:53 am 

Yeah, his MySpace is still up and has lots of pictures. I posted that way back on page 2 of this topic. This topic has too many pages. :lol:

• Have Fun!
  • No Drama!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next