www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:44 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Estebanh wrote:
If you ban Greengo, there are a dozen other regular posters who should go also. He has provided a lot of his weird commentary of the years, a lot of it amusing. He is just one of the many odd characters here.

+1 We have a few guys who like to pound their chest and tell everybody who they phucked and how little they paid or that they didn't pay at all. I would much rather hear from Greengo....IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:51 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

at least greengo makes me laugh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:35 pm 

Only 7 days before Super Bowl Sunday.

Only 7 days before your Pay check, before your Pension check and Social Security check.

Only 7 days left to get your checks in to Orange :!: :!: :!:

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:54 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Orange wrote:
There's a cool feature on this forum where you can ignore idiots like Greengo. It's called "Friends and Foes"in the User Control Panel in the upper right hand side of the forum. Add him as a foe and you will never see his ridiculous posts again.

DONE !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 pm 

UPDATE

I made contact with all but 1 of the employees tonight (1 person didn't answer). I invited them to Zona II between 11am-2pm. I will be there during that time period to distribute the funds. I hope a few of you who are in town will join me, I'm sure the people will appreciate seeing some faces of the people who helped them.

Lastly, all the people have asked me to pass on a big thank you to everybody for their help in this. A couple got emotional in appreciation.

Also, a thank you to Bashful Dwarf who was collecting money from random gringos he met during his recent trip. :lol:

We have $1718 in the Paypal account after they deducted the fees (a few people opted to add the 3% fee to their donation) and I have another $800 pledged that I will pick up in San Jose on Saturday. Looks like it will be a total of more than $2500 split between 12 employees (the original list of 10 plus 2 more who whose names were sent to me shortly after the original 10 and confirmed by multiple people.) That's a little over $200 per person. There have been a couple other people trying to get on the list, but after some research, I found out that they either worked a long time ago or worked for only a short time. And I did not include them. I knew there would be more people coming out once word spread. I'm actually expecting some other people to show up uninvited. That's why I hope some of you are there with me if that happens. I don't want to face any drama alone. :lol:

THERE IS STILL TIME TO DONATE, UP UNTIL SUNDAY MORNING. THESE PEOPLE HAVE EXPRESSED THEIR APPRECIATION. A FEW HAVE TOLD ME HOW HARD THEY HAVE IT NOW, AND THIS WILL HELP A LOT.

Follow this link to donate by Paypal (no Paypal account needed): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... 7GNLA9UE2U

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:31 am 

I have been in contact by voice and email with a very credible employee who is on the list, and who knows all of the others on the list, several for years.

These people were hit very hard by the ScoreS closing. They are NOT beggars or scammers.

They deserve our respect and consideration.......... AND whatever amount you can donate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:37 am 

It appears there haven't been any donations for almost two weeks. Let's keep this topic at, or near, the top of this thread until Sunday. Maybe someone will read it and find a few dollars they can spare. I am of the belief that good deeds will be rewarded. "What goes around, comes around" can also be applied in a positive manner.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:50 am 

+ 1,000.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:25 pm 

Estebanh wrote:
If you ban Greengo, there are a dozen other regular posters who should go also. He has provided a lot of his weird commentary of the years, a lot of it amusing. He is just one of the many odd characters here.

As you see it....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

What you call weird commentary others might more correctly term ignorant gobeltigook - what gets me is he does not exist - he is the creation of someone who thinks he's just smarter and more cleaver than everyone - no one has ever met him met him; he never engages with anyone, and frankly never provides info of any real value except to put down Costa Rica.

To be "amused" you have to understand what he is trying to say - and with that jag off, I'm not gonna try too hard - who gives a Phuck! Tell me one helpful post he has made - or one that did not need to be decoded :roll: :roll: :roll:

Have at it praising a sock puppet - to me he is the ultimate jag off!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:13 pm 

Scuba1, can you and the others stop hi-jacking this thread? It is about raising funds for the ex-employees of Scores. I wish we could concentrate on that mission for just five more days. Can you please do your part?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:16 pm 

GoodDayJohn wrote:
Scuba1, can you and the others stop hi-jacking this thread? It is about raising funds for the ex-employees of Scores. I wish we could concentrate on that mission for just five more days. Can you please do your part?

John you are laboring under a misconception if you think any - ANY - thread is linear - its not, they are not - all I simply did was respond to a direct question in a post - my right to do so - sorry John, you are not gonna visit the ills of threads getting off track - this or any others - on me - I didn't start it - happens on all message boards; get used to it and deal with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:04 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Scuba1 wrote:
GoodDayJohn wrote:

John you are laboring under a misconception if you think any - ANY - thread is linear - its not, they are not - all I simply did was respond to a direct question in a post - my right to do so - sorry John, you are not gonna visit the ills of threads getting off track - this or any others - on me - I didn't start it - happens on all message boards; get used to it and deal with it.

...And I though I was a self-important asshole...Actually I am; I just don't stand the tallest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 am 

JazzboCR wrote:
Scuba1 wrote:
GoodDayJohn wrote:

...And I though I was a self-important asshole...Actually I am; I just don't stand the tallest.

Who? Me or John?

I simply answered his not so friendly post - I did nothing wrong - unless responding to posts has become banned? Or threads getting off track........

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Back to the original reason for this thread....still time donate!

Orange wrote:
UPDATE

THERE IS STILL TIME TO DONATE, UP UNTIL SUNDAY MORNING. THESE PEOPLE HAVE EXPRESSED THEIR APPRECIATION. A FEW HAVE TOLD ME HOW HARD THEY HAVE IT NOW, AND THIS WILL HELP A LOT.

Follow this link to donate by Paypal (no Paypal account needed): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... 7GNLA9UE2U

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:50 am 

Reminder

On Sunday, I will be at Zona II from 11am-2pm to give out the donations.

We have a total 1,330,000. That's ¢110,000 per person.

I hope some of you can join me to give them out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next